Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can't wait to for the Greens…

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Lucas held Brighton Pavilion

when are the council election results announced?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
To be ousted from power tomorrow! Oh forgot to mention only the majority of Brighton & Hove residents will understand!

that went well then
don't back any horses today

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well deserve Caroline. Like UKIP loads of votes and only 1 MP

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
To be ousted from power tomorrow! Oh forgot to mention only the majority of Brighton & Hove residents will understand!

:lolol:

Increased her vote by 10.5%. Safe seat for the greens now. It would seem the majority of Brighton residents didn't understand!

Of course they are likely to lose control of the council. It will be interesting to see all those cycle lanes torn up, the bins get collected regularly, recycling rates improve, the seafront be maintained properly, parking fees reduced, the rolling back of parking permits, the i360 being cancelled etc etc. Seeing as all this stuff was the greens fault...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This thread had zero to do with that woman, and all to do with B&HCC which come this aft I sincerely hope will have a lot less melons involved in the decision making Stuart.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was talking about the council elections.

If you think that a change of councillors is going to significantly change what happens, I think you are going to be sadly disappointed. Electing a large number of inexperienced councillors is not a good idea regardless of political persuasion.

But, out of interest, which councillors have particularly impressed you on which issues ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If you think that a change of councillors is going to significantly change what happens, I think you are going to be sadly disappointed. Electing a large number of inexperienced councillors is not a good idea regardless of political persuasion.

But, out of interest, which councillors have particularly impressed you on which issues ?

Actually, it can make a difference. I've engaged my local councillors on a number of issues and got them all resolved. The difference in attitudes between different councillors is quite stark as well .... some will fall over themselves to communicate with you while others just ignore you. My interaction with councillors has certainly influenced my vote this time around.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Of course they are likely to lose control of the council. It will be interesting to see all those cycle lanes torn up, the bins get collected regularly, recycling rates improve, the seafront be maintained properly, parking fees reduced, the rolling back of parking permits, the i360 being cancelled etc etc. Seeing as all this stuff was the greens fault...

Unfortunately we all know that won't happen, the damage has been done, the cost of repairing the damage will be too great for the new council. from that perspective the Greens work has been done.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do hope the Greens retain enough seats to remain in control, it will be so much fun on here tonight ! The Bile levels will go off the scale, can't wait.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They've been fantastic for the city . I hope they hang on again so I can once more enjoy their progressive stance when I return at the end of the year. What a truly triumphant few years they've had. They'll likely never leave power anytime soon. And quite right.

There was an incident at Public Questions when a 12 year old lad who has been campaigning for an ice rink, and had previously written to the Queen, asked the Cabinet member for Culture, Recreation & Tourism at a full council Public Questions: "When are we finally going to get one? If not why not? As I have to update the Queen on my progress."

Geoffrey Bowdens started: "This Queen will answer that"

He ended by saying: "Thank you very much for coming to the council, I hope you can get back to her Majesty and report on something even if it is to tell her that an ice rink won’t be coming to the city anytime soon."

That was the young lads introduction to politics. Patronising, condescending and sarcastic.

His full response is here https://www.facebook.com/kaicerink/posts/915158798527356

His response was totally inappropriate and far from a progressive stance. Now whilst I don't have a problem with the Greens in principle, this member is a complete disrespectful idiot. Anyone who believes that this city should have an ice rink will be slapped down by him with a smug glee.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Beatrice Bass for starters with her plans on resolving the disgusting state of our inner city streets.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Unfortunately we all know that won't happen, the damage has been done, the cost of repairing the damage will be too great for the new council. from that perspective the Greens work has been done.

It won't happen because the Labour and Conservative councillors also agreed to some or all of these schemes. It won't happen because most of things have been council policy in Brighton for the last twenty years. The seafront promenade did not go from pristine condition to a ruin in four years because of the greens either. The fact is Brighton council has been under no overall control for 12 years, yet people like you can only blame the greens for all Brighton's ills.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There was an incident at Public Questions when a 12 year old lad who has been campaigning for an ice rink, and had previously written to the Queen, asked the Cabinet member for Culture, Recreation & Tourism at a full council Public Questions: "When are we finally going to get one? If not why not? As I have to update the Queen on my progress."

Geoffrey Bowdens started: "This Queen will answer that"

He ended by saying: "Thank you very much for coming to the council, I hope you can get back to her Majesty and report on something even if it is to tell her that an ice rink won’t be coming to the city anytime soon."

That was the young lads introduction to politics.

His full response is here https://www.facebook.com/kaicerink/posts/915158798527356

His response was totally inappropriate and far from a progressive stance. Now whilst I don't have a problem with the Greens in principle, this member is a complete patronising idiot. Anyone who believes that this city should have an ice rink will be slapped down by him with sarcasm.

Those damned Ice rinks cause untold damage to the earths atmosphere you know .... totally disregarding the gridlock they have caused all over the city with their vanity schemes

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This. By far the best council in living memory... the proof is in the pudding, the rate of regeneration of this city since they have been in charge has been unprecedented.

Then of course there is a phenomenal MP in Caroline Lucas.

You can see their support all over the city - there is absolutely no way that Greens will be voted out, thankfully.

Genuine question - has Mustafa EVER made a correct prediction when it comes to politics? I think he has a 100% record in picking the losing team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here