Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you get anymore disrespectful??

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Spot on. It annoys me that a national newspaper can even pretend that this is a story. Shameful hounding of a bloke who did absolutely nothing to be offensive to anyone, and the newspaper prints an article and a picture screaming out for its readers to be offended (and a few internet mongs on here seemingly) could simply have removed any problem by not printing the photo. That is the real disgrace.

Totally disagree... this is disgracful. I am shocked anyone is defending him. If he can be so emotionless, and disrespectful to a dead body it makes me wonder what other situations in life he may be equally as insensative with...

Plus this is just one picture we have seen... who know what other stuff he may have done if thats the stuff he's photographing...

He just a f***ed up prick... end of...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
There was a story on this in Metro this morning. Apparently the bloke in the picture (the complete one rather than the one with no body) has "been jailed last year and was convicted of stealing rings from the dead".

Just as i thought.... a normal law obiding, caring person is very unlikely to take pictures of a decapitated dead bod...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Perhaps the head he's holding is almost identical to his own, apart from it being attached to a body. You'd have to take a photo of such an event.
Someone might get offended, and that is a shame, but hopefully they won't and it's just some prat doing something stupid which he'll be told off for.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
The part of the article mentioning that he lived with a cross-dresser and refers to a bloke in a wig shouting was all rather bizzare, and not entirely necessary.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I'm with US and others in that this is morally indefensible and fecking revolting. He is laughing whilst holding the head of someones recently deceased relative!! How the bejeesus can you defend him taking a picture?

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
I think it is wrong, even to take such a picture for private use, but....

1) How did the Daily Mail get hold of the picture?
2) Why should the man's partner be named, as well as his dressing habits?
3) Why take a leading quote from a neighbour?

It's a rotten national newspaper with less standards and values than the man in the picture that wishes to re-enforce the prejudices of its core readers.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Not offended by it. What an awful job.

What I found funny was the clown looks EXACTLY like someone I know and it's the sort of thing he'd do. :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
While I do agree with Sim that some are going way over the top, I'm not so sure the guy has done "absolutely nothing to be offensive to anyone". By that logic, it would be wrong for the family to be offended by this.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Them that defend this moron are missing the point, it's not about people being easily offended or it's a gruesome job so he has to do something that helps him remove ones self to help cope, it's about respect to the deceased and family.

It's strange how many give respect to footballers etc etc for doing a decent thing but find something like this not disrespectful.

While I do agree with Sim that some are going way over the top, I'm not so sure the guy has done "absolutely nothing to be offensive to anyone". By that logic, it would be wrong for the family to be offended by this.

This is a very fair point.

Them that defend this moron are missing the point, it's not about people being easily offended or it's a gruesome job so he has to do something that helps him remove ones self to help cope, it's about respect to the deceased and family.

It's strange how many give respect to footballers etc etc for doing a decent thing but find something like this not disrespectful.

What I disagree with is the need for some kind of public hate campaign. Yes this is disrespectful to the deceased and the family involved. However I am neither - why therefore should I be offended by it? As I've stated already, I am much more offended by the fact that the Daily Mail decided to publish it - on what basis was this decision taken? It clearly isn't about defending public decency - by publishing the story they themselves fail that test. There isn't a 'public interest' defence, given that it's been reported to the relevant authorities and soon he will no doubt not be allowed to practice his profession. It's simply about selling newspapers.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
This is a very fair point.

What I disagree with is the need for some kind of public hate campaign. Yes this is disrespectful to the deceased and the family involved. However I am neither - why therefore should I be offended by it? As I've stated already, I am much more offended by the fact that the Daily Mail decided to publish it - on what basis was this decision taken? It clearly isn't about defending public decency - by publishing the story they themselves fail that test. There isn't a 'public interest' defence, given that it's been reported to the relevant authorities and soon he will no doubt not be allowed to practice his profession. It's simply about selling newspapers.

It was not just the mail, multi news agency's ran the story. i dislike the mail just like the next person, but this is not about the daily mail.

'It's simply about selling newspapers' well yeah i think thats the general idea, was there a public interest in the media running a story about a stolen ipad? as much as you may dislike it thats todays media and we are stuck with it.

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
Tell you what offends me. Its the stream of moaning pussies who get offended by everything nowadays. Do you spend your little lives totally OUTRAGE by everything you see? I can't believe people spend so much time now complaining to newspapers, moaning, being offended, feeling hurt, boo hoo.

Yes, I appreciate the irony of me complaining about people complaining. But seriously, this county really is being taken over by a load of prissy c~nts.

Its a dead body. Doubt its former occupant could give a shit and neither should you.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I disagree with the moral outrage in this case. Yeah the bloke is a prat, and what he did was ‘disrespectful’. And yes, if it was my relative I would be baying for blood (though if you said that was going to happen to me, provided that no-one would see the pics I wouldn’t particularly care.)

I suppose I feel that people who do that sort of job have to deal with things that many others including myself would find very unpalatable. If they do need to find ways of processing that (i.e. ‘black’ humour, depersonalising etc) then as long as its not hurting anyone else I don’t really feel in a position to be able to judge them.

Having said that, now it’s out, his position should be untenable, and he probably should go.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't think he will lose his job as it is his own company! However, I do suspect that no local funeral parlours will want to use him so his business will probably go under.
The problem is, if he is doing this sort of thing, what else is he doing with other bodies? Necrophilia comes to mind! Going by the cross-dressers he lives with, I suspect he only plays with the boys and leaves the girls alone!

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Having said that, now it’s out, his position should be untenable, and he probably should go.

Well, seeing as he's been convicted and imprisoned for stealing jewellery from dead bodies, I doubt that he's still employed in that particular career.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
I don't think he will lose his job as it is his own company! However, I do suspect that no local funeral parlours will want to use him so his business will probably go under.
The problem is, if he is doing this sort of thing, what else is he doing with other bodies? Necrophilia comes to mind! Going by the cross-dressers he lives with, I suspect he only plays with the boys and leaves the girls alone!

Now that is funny :D

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Tell you what offends me. Its the stream of moaning pussies who get offended by everything nowadays. Do you spend your little lives totally OUTRAGE by everything you see? I can't believe people spend so much time now complaining to newspapers, moaning, being offended, feeling hurt, boo hoo.

Yes, I appreciate the irony of me complaining about people complaining. But seriously, this county really is being taken over by a load of prissy c~nts.

Its a dead body. Doubt its former occupant could give a shit and neither should you.

Agree with you mate.

People love to moan or be shocked and offended by something MORE than twenty years ago it seems. This thread is a bit of light relief from the tension on NSC in the last couple of days. Not saying it's nice for the victim's family but there are more important things in life to get upset over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here