Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you get anymore disrespectful??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with Billy the Fish et al, complete non-story and I'm completely unoffended. All it is is a picture of a man holding a head. It's his job to deal with dead bodies, I'm sure he's completely desensitized to it. It's not as if there's a picture of him doing anything particularly offensive with it, is there?
Spot on. It annoys me that a national newspaper can even pretend that this is a story. Shameful hounding of a bloke who did absolutely nothing to be offensive to anyone, and the newspaper prints an article and a picture screaming out for its readers to be offended (and a few internet mongs on here seemingly) could simply have removed any problem by not printing the photo. That is the real disgrace.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Completely over the top reaction. As usual.

Get off my case, its my opinion, stop CONSTANTLY picking f***ing holes in everything I ever do or say. Do you think it is fine what he did then ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Spot on. It annoys me that a national newspaper can even pretend that this is a story. Shameful hounding of a bloke who did absolutely nothing to be offensive to anyone, and the newspaper prints an article and a picture screaming out for its readers to be offended (and a few internet mongs on here seemingly) could simply have removed any problem by not printing the photo. That is the real disgrace.

Agreed. You only have to look at which paper it is.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Its disgusting. Cant believe people are sticking up for him, why the need to take the picture? Beyond the fact its sick to keep something like that on your phone its also disrespectful to the family of the dead person. I'm sure he'll lose his job over this

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Actually disagree with you guys on this one.

Say the grieving widow saw this? This is the sort of thing that could drive someone to suicide. Genuinely. It's utterly horrific.

I wouldn't suggest only the "easily offended" would be offended by this. I think it's a bit more extreme than that.

I usually hate phrases like "what if it was YOUR relative" etc but it's totally relevant in this case. You cannot honestly say you wouldn't be completely distraught.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Get off my case, its my opinion, stop CONSTANTLY picking f***ing holes in everything I ever do or say. Do you think it is fine what he did then ?
The problem with you is that everything is always so black and white, and that is before you have even stopped to give a considered opinion. You invite reaction, frankly. And it's hardly just me is it FFS.

Agreed. You only have to look at which paper it is.
Quite.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The little kids who saw the photo might be messed up for life. I'm confused how anyone can suggest that is fine?

Can't stand the Daily Mail myself, in case anyone asks.

Say the grieving widow saw this? This is the sort of thing that could drive someone to suicide. Genuinely. It's utterly horrific.

I wouldn't suggest only the "easily offended" would be offended by this. I think it's a bit more extreme than that.

I usually hate phrases like "what if it was YOUR relative" etc but it's totally relevant in this case. You cannot honestly say you wouldn't be completely distraught.

How would I know it had happened unless it had been splashed all over a national newspaper?? I think the DM's behaviour in circulating it is far more reprehensible than his behaviour in doing it.

I don't think it was a particularly clever thing to do, but as I say, all he's done is take his photo (with a bit of a smirk on his face) holding a head. Is he not ever allowed to smile at work just because he works as an embalmer?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its disgusting. Cant believe people are sticking up for him, why the need to take the picture? Beyond the fact its sick to keep something like that on your phone its also disrespectful to the family of the dead person. I'm sure he'll lose his job over this
He will, which seems harsh given that he has not broken the law and even if you consider it distasteful, would never have made it into the public domain if his phone hadn't been stolen.

I take your point, but my view is that whilst this is a bit distasteful, I find it nothing like as distasteful as a newspaper printing the story and the photo while screaming for it's readers to be outraged.

And really does the "crime" really warrant the sort of bile [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] came out with? Sorry to be "on your case" Gareth, but that was WELL out of proportion. It's not like he was selling the photo for a few extra quid, or posting it to the relatives was it, FFS? That would be the action of "a c*nt of the highest order. A sick c*nt", IMO

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He will, which seems harsh given that he has not broken the law and even if you consider it distasteful, would never have made it into the public domain if his phone hadn't been stolen.

I take your point, but my view is that whilst this is a bit distasteful, I find it nothing like as distasteful as a newspaper printing the story and the photo while screaming for it's readers to be outraged.

And really does the "crime" really warrant the sort of bile [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] came out with? Sorry to be "on your case" Gareth, but that was WELL out of proportion. It's not like he was selling the photo for a few extra quid, or posting it to the relatives was it, FFS? That would be the action of "a c*nt of the highest order. A sick c*nt", IMO

The bloke is an utter c*nt, whether anyone saw the photo or not is irrelevant, he is a c*nt for even thinking about doing what he did.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The bloke is an utter c*nt, whether anyone saw the photo or not is irrelevant, he is a c*nt for even thinking about doing what he did.
GET OFF MY CASE FFS!!! *splutter* *outrage*

Alternatively, you're talking bollocks IMO. I'm curious - if he is "an utter c*nt", or "a sick c*nt" or whatever ridculously hysterical adjective you choose, how would describe somebody who is guilty of an actual crime, say a rape or murder of an 8 year old child?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't see that as offensive in any way.

I say things in PRIVATE to my mates in a jokey manner that could be considered worse than that picture. Should a newspaper get hold of information of what I said and print it?

I see this as the same, it's unlucky the phone was found (in a ditch indeed) and unnecessary to print the story.

Not to mention you see worse than that in film and on tv.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The point i find more disgusting is WHY he found the need to take a picture in the first place? Its not exactly in his job description is it now?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
GET OFF MY CASE FFS!!! *splutter* *outrage*

Alternatively, you're talking bollocks IMO. I'm curious - if he is "an utter c*nt", or "a sick c*nt" or whatever ridculously hysterical adjective you choose, how would describe somebody who is guilty of an actual crime, say a rape or murder of an 8 year old child?

oh thats fine simster obviously.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
oh thats fine simster obviously.
You're acting like a sulky six year old.

Be fair, US, Simster does have a bit of a point. Your postings do tend to be very extreme. I think what this guy did was very silly, and he's probably a bit of a headcase, but do you really think that what he did is worthy of the language you used in your opening post? Really?
You see Gareth, it isn't just me. Or is this guy PICKING on you too? Pathetic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The point i find more disgusting is WHY he found the need to take a picture in the first place? Its not exactly in his job description is it now?
I've no idea, it's not my idea of fun but nevertheless there is at least one well known NSC ODDBALL I can think of who if it had been discovered it was him taking pics of severed heads, I wouldn't be at all surprised. :lolol:

But the crux of the matter for me is that it was supposed to be private, was not intended to offend anyone, not intended for profiteering, and in all likelihood he will lose his job because his phone was stolen and a "morally outraged" newspaper saw fit to print the story and photo, which is shameful.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think there are two important points to consider:

1. it is printed by the daily fail. If they had not sensationalised it, nobody would be any the wiser. I am surprised we are not all doomed now. Enough said
2. He had no intention of publishing it. It must be hard to keep sane in a job like that and you must become numb to it. He was a bit sill having a pic on his phone though.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think the bloke's sick in the head. Taking such graphic photo's & dumping the evidence in the public domain - & to be found & viewed by a couple of young kids? He deserves all he gets.

He can count himself lucky he didn't do the same thing in a country that administers Sharia Law.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
There was a story on this in Metro this morning. Apparently the bloke in the picture (the complete one rather than the one with no body) has "been jailed last year and was convicted of stealing rings from the dead".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here