[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
coming to an agreement with De Zerbi about not playing is one thing but unbelievable he cant attend the celebrations today with team mates he has played so many games with.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I’m not sure where that narrative comes from, is it just because of the Palace drop?

Sanchez is fantastic at claiming the ball, that’s probably his best strength… and reflexes wise he’s a great keeper.

Yeah, he’s acting like a petulant prat at the moment but let’s not pretend he’s shit, he’s young for a keeper as well, it would be a real shame to lose him I think he will go right to the very top, don’t let recency bias on Steele let you forget how good Sanchez is.
Even pre-Palace I would be nervous when the ball was coming in to the box. For me, there was always a lack of command of his box. Shot-stopping, fantastic. Distribution, room for improvement.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sanchez isn't worth the steam off my piss. Disgusted at his behaviour.

Get out of my club.
The funny thing is he didn't strike me as somebody who would behave like this. It has come as a complete surprise and im somewhat gutted. Regardless what has been going on and the shite he is receiving from fans, he is still a solid keeper.. Sometimes keepers wait Months for an opportunity or longer. He wasn't prepared to do that. Such a shame.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sanchez isn't worth the steam off my piss. Disgusted at his behaviour.

Get out of my club.
I did think as the players were doing their lap of whatever with their WAGS and kids etc after such an amazing season that Sanchez must be a special kind of dickhead to be ultimately missing all of that of his own choosing.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's so weird. Imagine missing that? How many games did he play this season compared to Steele? Must be over 80% of the season, and yet he's not celebrating with the team.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
I'm very sad. His Brighton career should not have ended this way. Possibly, RDZ could have done better managing Sanchez's expectations, as RDZ is much older? But as everyone says as a professional footballer Sanchez's behavior is unacceptable. More so when we think of Steele who kept warming bench during Sanchez days. Maybe big Bob is internally still a kid who only knows playing football ...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
the lad has been badly advised over this. His actions will limit the bods coming in for him.

However I am not going to get out of my pram about a lad making stupid choices, we've all been there.

Going to put this out there though, De Zerbi's record on dealing with petulance from his players is interesting. He appears to have a fairly 'won't suffer fools gladly' attitude to this kind of stuff.

Not sure how I feel about that it may be a positive or may be a negative. Only time will tell.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Have you not been paying attention to our recruitment??

Since when did we start needing to pay ~£50m for top quality talent?!

We need a new keeper, unless Sanchez can improve and meet RDZs requirements.

I would say with absolute certainty our recruitment teams/algorithms are well aware of the potential signings to fill that role, all around the world, and are working towards acquiring them, as we speak.
I am sure you are aware that the same algorithms brought us locadia, Maupay and a host of other bad signings.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm very sad. His Brighton career should not have ended this way. Possibly, RDZ could have done better managing Sanchez's expectations, as RDZ is much older? But as everyone says as a professional footballer Sanchez's behavior is unacceptable. More so when we think of Steele who kept warming bench during Sanchez days. Maybe big Bob is internally still a kid who only knows playing football ...
If Bob is a brain dead child then he's not man enough to play for RDZ and BHA.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
RDZ and Sanchez have become irrelevant to each other. Negative emotions taken over. These things happen.
It is fairly obvious RDZ can be either a player's best advocate or their nightmare, without much in between. It would appear that he expects his squad to strive for perfection, anything else just isn't good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports