Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I've lost all respect for him - totally. He's a highly paid player and gets dropped due to some indifferent form and then strops and refuses to be our back up until the end of the season.

Sadly I hope that they sell him off in the summer and he ends up playing for Luton.
Jeez, what did Luton do to upset you?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Probably been told by his agent Pinocchio that Spurs want him to replace Lloris.

Raya, for example, is superior. Incredible saves yesterday.
This made me ponder yesterday. The commentators referenced his refusal to sign a new contract for Brentford and Spurs' apparent interest in him for next season. There was a comically poor clearance at one point from him, and the thought arose that, presuming he really wants to go to Spurs, he could have contrived to be one less barrier to Spurs getting into Europe, and bank a lucrative move to boot.

Which is preposterous naturally. And not just because he played out of his skin.

But it's not beyond the realms of impossibility that skullduggery of this sort has happened in the past?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Potentially... Sanchez has all the makings of a top quality keeper.

Steele has been great this season, can't fault him at all, he has really pushed on beyond his ability to help the team achieve what they have.

But Steele is not a top top quality keeper unfortunately. He will become a liability next season.

Sanchez on the other hand is still young - all the things RDZ doesn't rate about him can be coached into him... as long as he is willing to learn.

Not convinced this is the end for Sanchez, although it might be.

Suffice to say, we cannot go a full season with Steele as number one, with absolute and all due respect to him.

Totally disagree.

Good luck finding a goalkeeper for less than 50m (allison/Ederson) who are better footballers than Jason Steele, Sanchez is a better ‘goalkeeper’ for me but the goalkeeper in the way RDZ plays is more of a footballer.

Can’t see anything to suggest he will become a liability next season, good luck trying to find the perfect hybrid of Steele and Sanchez…. (Ball playing wonder keeper)

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Totally disagree.

Good luck finding a goalkeeper for less than 50m (allison/Ederson) who are better footballers than Jason Steele, Sanchez is a better ‘goalkeeper’ for me but the goalkeeper in the way RDZ plays is more of a footballer.

Have you not been paying attention to our recruitment??

Since when did we start needing to pay ~£50m for top quality talent?!

We need a new keeper, unless Sanchez can improve and meet RDZs requirements.

I would say with absolute certainty our recruitment teams/algorithms are well aware of the potential signings to fill that role, all around the world, and are working towards acquiring them, as we speak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vin

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder what he was doing when the players were walking round the pitch taking in the much deserved adulation for what has been a brilliant season.

Maybe reflecting on how stupid he's been ???

More likely driving round in that monstrosity that sounds like a box of fireworks annoying the neighbours :dunce:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally disagree.

Can’t see anything to suggest he will become a liability next season, good luck trying to find the perfect hybrid of Steele and Sanchez…. (Ball playing wonder keeper)

:thumbsup:

But it won’t stop TB trying. Getting an Allison/Ederson one move earlier in their career.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Have you not been paying attention to our recruitment??

Since when did we start needing to pay ~£50m for top quality talent?!

We need a new keeper, unless Sanchez can improve and meet RDZs requirements.

I would say with absolute certainty our recruitment teams/algorithms are well aware of the potential signings to fill that role, all around the world, and are working towards acquiring them, as we speak.
Goalkeepers who are that comfortable with the ball AND already developed enough to play in the high press PL don’t grow on trees.

It takes nerves of Steele to be able to play the way we do at the back when teams press us.

Essentially what the guy was saying is we need a better goalkeeper for next season for some reason as he expects him to become a liability, why do we need to immediately destabilise a winning formula?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You know damn well that if Sanchez was still our number one and playing today that Steele would’ve been on that pitch at full time congratulating him.
I have a LOT of respect for Steele and I really hope he continues his good form with us.
He has been a model pro for us ALWAYS.
Top bloke.
This. I’m actually delighted he’s finally had his chance at glory.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
No sign of him at all today.
He’s getting some bad advice from somewhere, and perhaps ought to reconsider who he’s listening to at the moment. It could have longer term implications
He going to start failing the dipstick test which may bring his value down. Shame because he’s still young enough to learn a lot under DZ and that could put him at the top in his quest for international honours.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So long then Rob. You gave me a heart attack anytime a ball got kicked in to the box in the air, but you made the occasional decent save. Best of luck

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Totally disagree.

This is a good point. I remember a similar situation with Duffy and Webster, in that the former was a better defender, but the latter a better footballer.

Steele has done brilliantly and I'd have no issue with him being the #1 next season. Whether he will be or not, who knows?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So long then Rob. You gave me a heart attack anytime a ball got kicked in to the box in the air, but you made the occasional decent save. Best of luck
I’m not sure where that narrative comes from, is it just because of the Palace drop?

Sanchez is fantastic at claiming the ball, that’s probably his best strength… and reflexes wise he’s a great keeper.

Yeah, he’s acting like a petulant prat at the moment but let’s not pretend he’s shit, he’s young for a keeper as well, it would be a real shame to lose him I think he will go right to the very top, don’t let recency bias on Steele let you forget how good Sanchez is.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I wonder what he was doing when the players were walking round the pitch taking in the much deserved adulation for what has been a brilliant season.

Maybe reflecting on how stupid he's been ???

More likely driving round in that monstrosity that sounds like a box of fireworks annoying the neighbours :dunce:
Probably sorting out the gas for the BBQ with the lads later

IMG_3143.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here