Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What we obviously need is a Premier League keeper who doesn't panic with the ball at his feet because of the style we play (so that's De Gea and Lloris out) and hasn't cost his team at least one goal in the last 2 seasons .... :facepalm:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
We’re 6th in the table and are joint 6th for the fewest goals conceded. What is wrong with some of you twats?
Been thinking this myself, and can only assume that people feel entitled to see a keeper consistently have a perfect game… game after game.

Some people are never happy. A point away is a fantastic result.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
More about Gary Sprake.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Yes, of coure we can tak about Sanchez. Fine goalkeeper, deservedly our no. 1 for two and a half years, Spain's no.2, one of the best in the PL, whose saves have gained us many points over those two and a half years.

Now, what is it that you want to talk about, specifically?
He dropped a ball that a small child would have caught. What part of this thread don’t you get ? Good shot stopper, prone to horrendous mistakes, that he often gets away with but not today. The result is on his shoulders. Get rid.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Been thinking this myself, and can only assume that people feel entitled to see a keeper consistently have a perfect game… game after game.

Some people are never happy. A point away is a fantastic result.
Because we could be 4th in the league and could be 4th in conceding goals .
Sorry i never criticise our players , there were times where he’s made mistakes and could quite easily been a goal but wasn’t . I used to play county league as a keeper and some of the mistakes he has made i would’ve been slated . Let’s hope he pulls it around , because it could happen again and i wouldn’t want to see that in our push for europe .

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Because we could be 4th in the league and could be 4th in conceding goals .
Sorry i never criticise our players , there were times where he’s made mistakes and could quite easily been a goal but wasn’t . I used to play county league as a keeper and some of the mistakes he has made i would’ve been slated . Let’s hope he pulls it around , because it could happen again and i wouldn’t want to see that in our push for europe .
I fully expect something like that to happen again as we’re barely halfway through the season. When it does I’ll forget about that error too.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Don't agree with all this Sanchez bashing. Clearly today was a colossal howler (show me a keeper that hasn't), but really don't think that's indicative of him normally.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I mean a few weeks ago against Liverpool he fumbled a simple catch in the box and almost cost us a goal. Yes usually he is very good, but this is definitely a weak area of his game is his handling in the box.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Classic reactionary stuff. Caicedo lost the ball in a key position, so did Estupinan inside his own area. It was only goal saving desperate blocks from Webster which stopped them scoring. Yet many people rate Pervis as their MOTM.

It was a bad mistake but the pile on is ridiculous and short-sighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here