[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Classic reactionary stuff. Caicedo lost the ball in a key position, so did Estupinan inside his own area. It was only goal saving desperate blocks from Webster which stopped them scoring. Yet many people rate Pervis as their MOTM.

It was a bad mistake but the pile on is ridiculous and short-sighted.
But those mistakes, like AliMac's, Velts, Pascal's, Deniz, etc etc don't count because they didn't have gloves on :facepalm:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Mistakes happen forwards miss sitters defenders score own goals and keepers occasionally drop the ball Sanchez isa fine keeper and has won us more points for than against

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He dropped a ball that a small child would have caught. What part of this thread don’t you get ? Good shot stopper, prone to horrendous mistakes, that he often gets away with but not today. The result is on his shoulders. Get rid.
A small child, who was unbelievably good at catching so as to be a complete freak, stood on top of an 8ft tall ladder.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He dropped a ball that a small child would have caught. What part of this thread don’t you get ? Good shot stopper, prone to horrendous mistakes, that he often gets away with but not today. The result is on his shoulders. Get rid.
Do you reckon the same small child would have got a header on target in an open goal 5 yards out?

Sanchez made a mistake but blaming him for the result alone is ridiculous

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I’d have Nick Pope ahead of Sanchez, for one. Allisson and Ederson too. That’s probably it though.
I’d have Nick Pope ahead of Sanchez, for one. Allisson and Ederson too. That’s probably it though.
I fully expect something like that to happen again as we’re barely halfway through the season. When it does I’ll forget about that error too.
26 pages since February last year and i’m sure we will be back here within 2-3 weeks , i do hope not though , let him full fill his potential Right ? 👍🏻

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sanchez has this thing of letting his hands absorb the power behind the ball, letting the ball drop in front of him and then gathering. No other keeper employs this technique to this extent. I don't know whether he dropped it today or patted it down then f*cked it up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A mistake yes but he didn’t miss chances up the other end that would have won the game

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
There are some proper muppets on this thread. Yes it was a bad mistake but Sanchez is one of the best young keepers around. He will make mistakes, all keepers do. If we had a bit of composure in front of goal we could have won 1-5 today. Those who are slagging him on here need a head wobble! Would you prefer to go back to the terminally shite Maty Ryan?
Very frustrating result but we played really well just didn’t finish.
Big Bob made a bad mistake but it shouldn’t have mattered!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He's only 25yr which is still young for a keeper and he hasn't played that much first team football either, keepers make fu*k ups.

Few weeks ago Sky Sport were sticking the daggers into De Gea for that howler against Everton, the following week they were praising him for a MOTM display.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
No chance pope would get in over Sanchez. He is not very good with his feet. That is why he doesn’t get the England job. We would have to completely change how we played with pope. This isn’t even up for debate. Watch Newcastle and see how pope does whenever any sort of pressure with ball at his feet.

Rob made it clanger. It happens. All keepers do sometimes. But his ball playing is as good as anyone.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I wouldn't want to discourage Sanchez but I do think his form has dropped this season , today was a real shocker . Plus he no longer comes out to claim the ball , when he broke into the team he sometimes came out past the penalty spot to claim catches - that doesn't happen anymore. I don't think he is in the top 5 goalies in the Prem yet as he is inconsistent.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Comparing Mac Allister, Mitoma etc’s missed chances to Sanchez’s absolute howler today is as ridiculous as saying we should get rid of him.

Sanchez is a good keeper and suits the way we’re play, he’s generally a very good performer for us and crucial part of our team. Hopefully he’ll be with us for years.

But his shocking error today single handedly cost us 2 points. Palace were inept and would never have scored a goal without his help.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Great keeper, give him a break, forwards as much to blame for not winning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports