Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think Sanchez is good, but im not sure he's 'a transfer to Chelsea is nailed on, they absolutely want him' good. So to throw your toys out of the pram because you think that might not happen is weird.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Confirmed by my own ears that there has been a massive falling out between player and manager. Player wants a move to Chelsea but fears being over priced. Only typing this after trying to find out if i can put a tenner on Sanchez to Chelsea but couldn't find any details on the websites to do so. Probably get shite odds anyway but was worth a look. Shame really as Sanchez has been crucial to our success last season and for a big chunk of this. It does happen that players and managers make up... but after hearing what said player was saying about him I very much doubt it!
"IF" what you have been told is correct..( and I'm not doubting you at all), then it seems pretty obvious to me that Ben Roberts of Chelsea, "may" have already tapped him up..? It wouldn't be Potter...he isn't there. Frank Lampard is just caretaking and Pochettino isn't there yet.

Shocking if true. I already have little or no respect for those who jumped ship here for moneybags Chelsea. I hope they all get sacked eventually.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Considering your ears are covered by an aviation crash helmet, forgive me if I don't believe you...
;)

Truth be know, I do think this is probably true, I can see him throwing his Paella out of his pram.
However he should be more concerned about himself than us over pricing him out of a move, he seems to be the only one damaging his value by throwing a hissy fit.
haha, that's ok I'm not looking to convince. I was amazed to be hearing it tbh, both parties in the conversation were not very discreet about it (Sanchez seemed very p-ed off talking to *deleted*) I could have piped up but I'm not the sort to talk to "celebs" when they're out and about. I wouldn't normally gossip but nothing I've said hasn't already been insinuated above and I couldn't get a bet on annoyingly... Tbh I was just excited to hear it (v childish I know). If a mod wanted to pm I could give more details I guess, but why would they :D.

I like Sanchez as a keeper and would hope they make up and he stays. But young footballers probably don't think of glory with the Albion they think of money and the Big Clubs.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
"IF" what you have been told is correct..( and I'm not doubting you at all), then it seems pretty obvious to me that Ben Roberts of Chelsea, "may" have already tapped him up..? It wouldn't be Potter...he isn't there. Frank Lampard is just caretaking and Pochettino isn't there yet.

From the Athletic on Saturday. "Pochettino will be joined at Chelsea by a small, tight-knit backroom team consisting of long-time No 2 Jesus Perez, assistant coach Miguel D'Agostino, goalkeeping coach Toni Jimenez, and his sports scientist son Sebastiano"

Big Bob, has been sold a pup...
Stockdale mark11
Shocking if true. I already have little or no respect for those who jumped ship here for moneybags Chelsea. I hope they all get sacked eventually.
101% This

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Sanchez is good, but im not sure he's 'a transfer to Chelsea is nailed on, they absolutely want him' good. So to throw your toys out of the pram because you think that might not happen is weird.
Surely even Boehly will not be stupid enough to start buying players without knowing if his new manager (whoever that might be) will want them? So I'm calling bullsht on the idea of a transfer to Chelsea at the moment. There is a link with Roberts, so if he stays it may have legs later.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
haha, that's ok I'm not looking to convince. I was amazed to be hearing it tbh, both parties in the conversation were not very discreet about it (Sanchez seemed very p-ed off talking to *deleted*) I could have piped up but I'm not the sort to talk to "celebs" when they're out and about. I wouldn't normally gossip but nothing I've said hasn't already been insinuated above and I couldn't get a bet on annoyingly... Tbh I was just excited to hear it (v childish I know). If a mod wanted to pm I could give more details I guess, but why would they :D.

I like Sanchez as a keeper and would hope they make up and he stays. But young footballers probably don't think of glory with the Albion they think of money and the Big Clubs.

Or Big Bob had a hissy fit when he didn't get back in the team, got called out and embarrassed, decided he wouldn't be available anymore, got called out and embarrassed again and is now trying to save face by telling mates in a loud voice in Hove Tesco how he's been lined up for Chelsea ?

Or, too @Machiavellian :wink:

Trying to play 'who blinks first' with Uncle Tone ? Good luck with that Bob :laugh:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Or Big Bob had a hissy fit when he didn't get back in the team, got called out and embarrassed, decided he wouldn't be available anymore, got called out and embarrassed again and is now trying to save face by telling mates in a loud voice in Hove Tesco how he's been lined up for Chelsea ?

Trying to play 'who blinks first' with Uncle Tone ? Good luck with that Bob :laugh:
haha, wasn't in Tesco (I'm more Lidl and Aldi currently, tbf). Was just them two and us two, sitting outside near to where one of them lives. Anyway, I shouldn't gossip I suppose (oh but it's tempting and it's hardly surprising news) as it's somewhere I'll be again frequently. But, as it stands, I cannot see Sanchez playing for DeZerbs again. Unless there is a big make up and pissed "you're my best mateeeee" and kisses at the end of season jolly up. I for one, am hoping that happens (less so if I had managed to put that bet to Chelsea on).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Surely even Boehly will not be stupid enough to start buying players without knowing if his new manager (whoever that might be) will want them? So I'm calling bullsht on the idea of a transfer to Chelsea at the moment. There is a link with Roberts, so if he stays it may have legs later.
Poch, no?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Does he have a supermarket obsession? That's about the fifth one I've heard he's been spotted in since Sunday!

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Some interesting comparison stats - a week out of date though...

Burnt Leno not just in front in the table…he’s twice as good (on that metric) as the next best. Fair play, I never think he looks that impressive but he obviously does a lot of good stuff. For me, Raya has had a fabulous season and looks a very accomplished all-round keeper. IMHO, he’d be the first cab off the rank if one of the big boys wants to go keeper shopping.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Confirmed by my own ears that there has been a massive falling out between player and manager. Player wants a move to Chelsea but fears being over priced. Only typing this after trying to find out if i can put a tenner on Sanchez to Chelsea but couldn't find any details on the websites to do so. Probably get shite odds anyway but was worth a look. Shame really as Sanchez has been crucial to our success last season and for a big chunk of this. It does happen that players and managers make up... but after hearing what said player was saying about him I very much doubt it!
Straight swap for Colwill ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Roberts is a "father figure" to Sanchez.

Whatever has gone on - involving Chelsea or not - Sanchez will have sounded out Roberts on what to do. Or Roberts will have called Sanchez to tell him to sort himself out.

So.... this behaviour may be against Roberts' advice, but I can't help but feel that is not the case. Which does indeed lead back to Chelsea....

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Bob started well, but is prone to a complete funk up, his demener is like some one who has had a lobotomy and his behaviour is backing that up (allegedly) so bye Bob, Good riddance. Hopefully we can get the geezer from Liverpool.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_4193.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here