Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The World Cup thing is a bit bollocks really, he’s 3rd choice Spanish keeper

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Goals conceded per game with Steele is an alarming stat though, don't you think?

Steele's distribution is excellent and certainly a benefit, but I really hope that we prioritise a new keeper this summer that can do the distirbution as well as him but is better at the goalkeeping bit.
Have you seen how many men we are pushing forward?

Obviously we're going to concede. It's nothing to do with Steele, he's exposed (in the name of us playing thrilling football and scoring loads of goals) time and time again.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
Do we know for a fact he's thrown his toys out his pram, could it be something personal?

RDZ would have slated him wouldn't he if that was the case, the reasoning and quotes i have read are pretty vague.

Either way, it is a shame he wasn't there yesterday as he did play a significant part of us getting where we are today.

If he has had a hissy but comes to his senses then I'd take him back. But if his head has been turned, probably my his agent more than speculation then bye bye, just make sure the grass is greener as often it is not.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I dont think it’s too late for Sanchez to have a change of heart now we are in Europe. Especially if no good offers come in for him. I would expect the club to keep the door open knowing his value.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Do we know for a fact he's thrown his toys out his pram, could it be something personal?
No we don't know for a fact and probably never will. However reading between the lines of the quotes about it so far it sounds like he was told he's second choice and he's said "sod that". There's also a whole article on The Athletic called "Robert Sanchez’s incredible sulk" which backs that up.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think Bobby was probably part of the "tough decisions" in the locker room that RDZ spoke of in his rousing speech in the dressing room. Binning off Trossard for his attitude set the precedent and there was no reason why Bobby could be allowed to get away with it. RDZ is an excellent manager and seems really inspirational.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think Bobby was probably part of the "tough decisions" in the locker room that RDZ spoke of in his rousing speech in the dressing room. Binning off Trossard for his attitude set the precedent and there was no reason why Bobby could be allowed to get away with it. RDZ is an excellent manager and seems really inspirational.
It's a very 'Guardiola' way of working.

Cancelo was out-of-form after a disappointing World Cup, started bitching about his younger replacement... and soon got dispatched.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The World Cup thing is a bit bollocks really, he’s 3rd choice Spanish keeper
He wants to be Spains number one, he ain’t gonna do that from our bench. Fair enough, I understand that. But with the end of the season just around the corner and the transfer window reopening, throwing your toys out is far from a good look, unless he is just trying to lower his price and get a bigger signing fee? Either way, not part of this teams core anymore, time to go.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Confirmed by my own ears that there has been a massive falling out between player and manager. Player wants a move to Chelsea but fears being over priced. Only typing this after trying to find out if i can put a tenner on Sanchez to Chelsea but couldn't find any details on the websites to do so. Probably get shite odds anyway but was worth a look. Shame really as Sanchez has been crucial to our success last season and for a big chunk of this. It does happen that players and managers make up... but after hearing what said player was saying about him I very much doubt it!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Confirmed by my own ears that there has been a massive falling out between player and manager. Player wants a move to Chelsea but fears being over priced. Only typing this after trying to find out if i can put a tenner on Sanchez to Chelsea but couldn't find any details on the websites to do so. Probably get shite odds anyway but was worth a look. Shame really as Sanchez has been crucial to our success last season and for a big chunk of this. It does happen that players and managers make up... but after hearing what said player was saying about him I very much doubt it!
Considering your ears are covered by an aviation crash helmet, forgive me if I don't believe you...
;)

Truth be know, I do think this is probably true, I can see him throwing his Paella out of his pram.
However he should be more concerned about himself than us over pricing him out of a move, he seems to be the only one damaging his value by throwing a hissy fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here