Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
People quick to have a go at Sanchez but the real problem is the whole team and the inability to move quickly forward and shoot on target . He made a mistake with their second (which came about because of March f*cking about ) , he got away with one , he made a decent 1 on 1 save.

It's not so much about being quick to have a go.

If a player isn't on form, they should be dropped. And if there's nobody realistic they could be dropped for, we're entitled to be asking the club why this is

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes but the thread is about Sanchez.. Cant blame outfield players for him not coming out or gifting a chance in 1st half

So is there an individual thread about all the players tonight many of whom made mistakes and none of them shot on target , the answer is no and that's why a thread about Sanchez is wrong IMO.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It's not so much about being quick to have a go.

If a player isn't on form, they should be dropped. And if there's nobody realistic they could be dropped for, we're entitled to be asking the club why this is

But as in my other response this could equally apply to the other 10 players on the pitch who made mistakes and who could not muster a single shot on target at least Sanchez made a decent save in the 1 on 1....

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I wouldn't complain if we bought a decent keeper in the summer. I've been a sanchez fan but again tonight he's nearly gifted a goal & arguably he could have come off his line for the 2nd goal - but didn't because of what he did on Saturday

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It’s one of the position’s Potter’s been badly let down in by the recruitment team along with centre back and striker.

We should have got in another first team ready keeper as back up and competition. He needs to be dropped/rested for a bit to get his head straight but Sanchez won’t be as he basically has no competition, we’ve got the weakest reserve keeper in the PL.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
It’s one of the position’s Potter’s been badly let down in by the recruitment team along with centre back and striker.

We should have got in another first team ready keeper as back up and competition. Basically Sanchez has no competition, we’ve got the weekest reserve keeper in the PL.

Yes Sanchez needs to be pushed for his place. He is going through a terrible run of form and confidence. It can't be easy for the defence to have him playing like this .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’m pro-Sanchez but why the heck didn’t he come off his line to block the second goal? Terrible decision. Think he’s lost his nerve a bit.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I've backed Bob all season but he really is in shockingly bad form. I have no idea what he was thinking for the second goal, he should have easily come and taken that but bottled it because of his horrible mistake against Liverpool. The problem is that Steele is miles from being a Prem quality keeper.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes Sanchez needs to be pushed for his place. He is going through a terrible run of form and confidence. It can't be easy for the defence to have him playing like this .

It can't be easy for him to have that defence.

Last season he had White, Webster and Dunk with Burn to come in and Veltman at a push. Currently it's perm two from Duffy, Dunk and Veltman. I wouldn't just lose a bit of confidence, I'd be banging on the gaffer's door crying.

And, as I said on another thread, if you want a keeper who plays like Ederson then buy Ederson. Don't expect a kid who's just left Rochdale to play like that, His long distribution with a bit of time is genuinely excellent. Yet we force him into playing five a side every week with Dunk under hitting back passes and the easily pressed Duffy showing for the short return.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I think he's a good young keeper but on recent weeks he's an absolute duffer.

Time for Steele or some genuine competition

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Its easy to take a pop at the GK (im about to) as he is the last line of defence - its the decision making and kicking that isnt up to PL level, but I also think he must be (like the tem) under instructions to play this tippy tappy ball countless times around the back to eventually lump forward for a 50/50 ball we never win. His shot stopping is very much up to PL std.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quick to have ago because he has gifted 2 goals in last 2 games and could have been more
Last season he was playing behind a rock solid back three - they gave him confidence and support and he returned it in spades. We had a (now) potential England defender as back up or filling in at LWB (or March doing a good job there), we had a genuine choice (until Lamptey's injury) of RWBs, depending on how we wanted to play and who we were playing.

This year, the defensive options cupboard is distinctly threadbare (and our world class DM protecting them has rather gone off the boil too). It makes a difference .....................

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yeah talk about Samchez. I'm a big pissed but he did the stsnd up and spread yourself when one on one thing three times tonight. Two worked and one didn't. Look rlsewhere fir the reasons why it is do frustrating.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People quick to have a go at Sanchez but the real problem is the whole team and the inability to move quickly forward and shoot on target . He made a mistake with their second (which came about because of March f*cking about ) , he got away with one , he made a decent 1 on 1 save.

I think he made two decent 1 on 1 saves. Most goalkeepers look worse and get exposed when the defence in front of them is weak.

Having said that, he is a big part of that inability to move quickly forward. So many times an opponent's attack breaks down with Sanchez getting the ball. Our attacking players bust a gut to get forward, and he holds onto the ball until our oppents have all their men back in position, then rolls it out to Dunk.

Can’t believe people are defending Sanchez tonight, two huge match losing errors, one he got away with by some miracle.

The sad thing is now realising just how little Potter rates Steele

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Can’t believe people are defending Sanchez tonight, two huge match losing errors, one he got away with by some miracle.

The sad thing is now realising just how little Potter rates Steele

I am not defending him I just don't think its fair that he has a thread of his own when many of our players are making mistakes and I re-iterate my previous comment that there not a single shot on target tonight and none even close , as soon as we concede now we are odds on to lose and that was not the case 6 weeks ago.

If any individual should be singled out for a thread of their own it should be the person who agreed to sell Burn, plus a load of teh fans on here saying it was good business.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It can't be easy for him to have that defence.

Last season he had White, Webster and Dunk with Burn to come in and Veltman at a push. Currently it's perm two from Duffy, Dunk and Veltman. I wouldn't just lose a bit of confidence, I'd be banging on the gaffer's door crying.

And, as I said on another thread, if you want a keeper who plays like Ederson then buy Ederson. Don't expect a kid who's just left Rochdale to play like that, His long distribution with a bit of time is genuinely excellent. Yet we force him into playing five a side every week with Dunk under hitting back passes and the easily pressed Duffy showing for the short return.

With Bissouma who used to care shielding the lot.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's clearly in a funk now. The second goal was appalling tonight. Either come out and block, or stay on your line and close the angles / hope your defenders channel him wide. Instead he came 10 yards off his line, did neither, and just stood there allowing a simple slot past him. Yes it was Harry Kane, but even Lallana would've fancied that (I jest, of course).

Its a hard call for Potter. Dropping him could either undermine his confidence, or give him the boot up the arse he need to come back from. I guess this is where the degree in "emotional intelligence" comes into play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here