Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So annoying how he gets his clearances charged down constantly and dropping crosses. He really is costing us so many games.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So annoying how he gets his clearances charged down constantly and dropping crosses. He really is costing us so many games.

Foster seems to always have a good game against us - but that time when he suddenly became a left-back but passed it straight to Lamptey!! Simply can't image Sanchez doing that.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Best keeper we’ve ever had. Next

This.

I don't think I've liked a GK as much since Kuipers, that double save away at Wolves in a 1-1 draw was sensational.

Strange story - around 10 years ago I was living with an ex GF and there was a knock on the door, it was the big man, in a suit, working as a debt collector. Collecting the previous tenant's debt. We had a 5 minute conversation about how much I admired him and thought it was strange that he was in this line of work

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Helped by an excellent defense but young and does his part. If he keeps improving at a steady rate it will be pretty hard to replace him. If plateaus then would it be worth a huge outlay (in wages if not only fee) to slightly upgrade him? Maybe but perhaps other priorities.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Quality keeper who sometimes makes errors when he isn't concentrating, often such errors are when you think it is an easy catch

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
An amazing keeper but some of his passing has been wasteful and has put us under pressure recently.

We're lucky to have him, hope he stays for years and years to come.

Last edited:

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Three league wins in eighteen. Hes got to go. Its time to bring back Dean Wilkins (Seventh HAEVEN) to save the club

#SanchezOUT
#PotterOUT
#BarberOuT
#BloomOUt
#SackTheBored

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think this team is the best I’ve seen in my 47 years. My only minor argument is with Sanchez. Just seems too flappy at corners and far to relaxed when releasing the ball with an on rushing centre forward. This is not a Moan just a genuine query. Could we get a better keeper or are we all happy with Sanchez ?

he flapped at one cross yesterday when he had 3 of our players crowding him ....probably needs to talk a bit more to let his own player know he's on it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This.

I don't think I've liked a GK as much since Kuipers, that double save away at Wolves in a 1-1 draw was sensational.

Strange story - around 10 years ago I was living with an ex GF and there was a knock on the door, it was the big man, in a suit, working as a debt collector. Collecting the previous tenant's debt. We had a 5 minute conversation about how much I admired him and thought it was strange that he was in this line of work

Amazing.
Deserves a thread of its own. Encounters with Albion players in random places.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As so many others have pointed out, he’s extremely young for an established PL keeper.

He’s light years ahead of most in his development, and anyone who can’t cut him the slack of an occasional wobbly moment needs their head examining.

#teamsanchez

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think this team is the best I’ve seen in my 47 years. My only minor argument is with Sanchez. Just seems too flappy at corners and far to relaxed when releasing the ball with an on rushing centre forward. This is not a Moan just a genuine query. Could we get a better keeper or are we all happy with Sanchez ?

Yes sure - How long do we think we can keep hold of a world class goalkeeper who has come through our youth system?

I suggest you need to direct your questions at Potter and his coaches. If they ask their keeper to stay on his line for crosses and release the ball with his feet earlier, it will help to calm your nerves.

Personally I don't think, it would either help the team or make him a better goalkeeper. Ranked on fewest goals conceded this season we currently sit fifth. That is two goals less than £30m prospect Aaron Ramsdale and 12 less than £20m Emi Martinez at Villa.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As many have stated he’s a young player, still learning and also learning in public in the bright spotlight of EPL football. I think it’s nothing short of amazing how he has come on and the level he’s currently at. And he will only get better.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Three league wins in eighteen. Hes got to go. Its time to bring back Dean Wilkins (Seventh HAEVEN) to save the club

#SanchezOUT
#PotterOUT
#BarberOuT
#BloomOUt
#SackTheBored

I am loving the way that this post started off all nice and calm but the longer it went on you got more and more angry until your hand was shaking so much that it all went to pot.
Fabulous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here