Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we talk about Sanchez ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Helped by an excellent defense but young and does his part. If he keeps improving at a steady rate it will be pretty hard to replace him. If plateaus then would it be worth a huge outlay (in wages if not only fee) to slightly upgrade him? Maybe but perhaps other priorities.

We’ve got a fair few younger keepers coming through already…….one or more of McGill, Scherpen, Rushworth and Reid at least (I haven’t seen the other U23/U18 keepers play) will hopefully be close to ready by the time we lose Bob to a CL team.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He is brilliant, but we have seen a few errors from him lately. He has had a more changing defence in front of him lately though, that has to make a difference in knowing what your defenders are likely to do. Probably needs to be more vocal, but hard for a young Keeper to start bossing experienced defenders about, and as long as he is getting away with most of the errors, I am glad he is getting the experience, because that is how he will get even better.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We’re in safe hands.

Big Bob is known as Safe Hands Sanchez in our house...
... which brings me on to a few who have stated that he makes them nervous with the ball at their feet or when claiming crosses. I'm the polar opposite. I've never been so reassured by a keeper, and the upgrade in our defensive calm is there for all to see since SHS took over from Maty.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I saw another graphic somewhere detailing areas of the pitch controlled by teams, and the areas we surrender possession where the oppositions box (obviously), just outside the opposition box centrally and from wide areas near our corner flags. Based on that it's no surprise Sanchez is in a league of his own when it comes to collecting and claiming crosses

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Think he's fantastic. Always looks to me like he's very laid back which I find stressful, but that says more about me than him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Always seems that a keeper is unfairly criticised but I’m not really sure what more they expect from our no1. Bob is the best keeper I’ve seen in my 30 odd years of watching us and must be one of the top young keepers in the game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Think he's fantastic. Always looks to me like he's very laid back which I find stressful, but that says more about me than him.

At least one poster has sufficient self-awareness to recognise that their views about our players, etc say as much if not more about the fan/poster as it does about the player under consideration.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He makes occasional mistakes, as do De Gea, Allison, Ederson, Lloris... All keepers do. I love his calm temperament. And his relatively young age means he can only get better with experience.

I think some people on here expect a bit too much, really. It wasn't long ago he was playing for Rochdale.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think that it all came so easy for him last season that there has been a little.. carelessness, perhaps, in his game at times? This season is maybe teaching him more about focus and concentration as the keys to consistency. He's destined for the very very top of the game, I have no doubt.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who was the better keeper ?
Michele or Ben ?

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Cough Cough……

He’s a liability people. What’s wrong with changing a goalie like we do outfield players (during the season) ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Leaving ourselves with no serious competition looking a poor choice TBH

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He's making a mistake a game at the moment. Very hesitant coming off his line again, and again it cost us another goal.

I feel he's in a bad place and needs taking out the firing line. Steele can't be any worse at the moment.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
People quick to have a go at Sanchez but the real problem is the whole team and the inability to move quickly forward and shoot on target . He made a mistake with their second (which came about because of March f*cking about ) , he got away with one , he made a decent 1 on 1 save.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
People quick to have a go at Sanchez but the real problem is the whole team and the inability to move quickly forward and shoot on target . He made a mistake with their second (which came about because of March f*cking about ) , he got away with one , he made a decent 1 on 1 save.

Quick to have ago because he has gifted 2 goals in last 2 games and could have been more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here