Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we have a list of subjects we are allowed discuss?

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Why is NSC under 'scrutiny'? And who could put pressure on the site to close? Surely its an independent forum where people can post as they please...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why is NSC under 'scrutiny'? And who could put pressure on the site to close? Surely its an independent forum where people can post as they please...

When you allow advertisments you leave yourself open to bad press by association , by this I mean they may well be dictating what is acceptable in their view.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Google arent happy and may withdraw the ads, leaving NSC with a "black hole" for income to cover the site. Not to mention the media and others will be wanting to look at fans views of whats going on inside the club, hardly looks good when you have some posts inciting racism - no ?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
The last thread removed was one I started for condolences for the young man killed.

It then turned into a binfest, which is all well and good in its own thread I have no problem with a "discussion" on any subject.

However I asked for it to be closed because I felt it was wrong, start another thread on that topic or any topic.

Sad fact we some sick shts on here.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Google arent happy and may withdraw the ads, leaving NSC with a "black hole" for income to cover the site. Not to mention the media and others will be wanting to look at fans views of whats going on inside the club, hardly looks good when you have some posts inciting racism - no ?

Can we talk about Google's tax affairs?

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Random foreigners - as long as they are football managers not terrorists.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Don't mention MENS HAIRDRESSERS :nono:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Be CAREFUL about news stories, even if they are widely reported such other sites as BBC, ITV, Sky News etc...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
6) Outrageous cruelty to seagulls on roofs in Worthing using nets

You want to live in Mile Oak...we are over run with the fecking noisy *******s! and they shit all over the cars ...if fact, why don't they just feck off back to the beach, or the sea...its in your name you vicious *******s..SEA gulls!

AAAAAGH ...and I bet they are not TRIED and TESTED English seabirds, like those cute puffins!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Some people seem to think that message boards, social media sites etc are just like chatting to your friends in the pub. It isn't - you are publishing your thoughts, prejudices, opinions etc on the web for all to see in perpetuity (almost). If you do not think there would be potential repercussions to that then think again. People cry "free speech" etc, but that is the point, you are not speaking, you are effectively publishing.

If everyone were to keep that in mind, we could discuss anything.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

But is NSC any worse than other clubs' message boards?

I too am concerned about NSC becoming too sterile. I have enjoyed NSC because you can discuss most things (even the Albion from time to time) and there are obviously some intelligent people posting on here among the dross.

A sterilised NSC where you cannot even discuss the disappearance of Robertson's Gollies would be no fun.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
But is NSC any worse than other clubs' message boards?

I too am concerned about NSC becoming too sterile. I have enjoyed NSC because you can discuss most things (even the Albion from time to time) and there are obviously some intelligent people posting on here among the dross.

A sterilised NSC where you cannot even discuss the disappearance of Robertson's Gollies would be no fun.

I suspect that most clubs have several message boards while NSC tends to be the one stop shop for matter's Seagulls.

In many ways a victim of it's own success.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Best lunchtime homemade sandwich?

Cheese and pickle (Grated cheese) - Ham and Dairylea (loved it since was a kid) - Corned Beef and Pickle - Peanut Butter and Jam (Jelly)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here