Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can this be right

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah but go in the Amex at premium price match day prices and pay premium drink prices to boot , when the club decide to price match day admission a bit more realistically I might show my face ,I'm sure there's plenty more feeling the same way:thumbsup:
regardss DR

You're asking 'can this be right' & at least twice in this thread it has been pointed out, to you, that you're wrong. You can get a ticket in the north stand at the Amex for £25, not £31.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
'Rotherham' and 'kids for a fiver' in the same sentence? Is this another reference to grooming gangs?

Regards

EP

Careful.

You'll have loads of people claiming to be offended by that post, plus others claiming to be offended because others are offended. You'll have fellow moderators demanding apology after apology and then you'll serve a ban.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Careful.

You'll have loads of people claiming to be offended by that post, plus others claiming to be offended because others are offended. You'll fellow moderators demanding apology after apology and then you'll serve a ban.

Wise words

Jan 30, 2008
You're asking 'can this be right' & at least twice in this thread it has been pointed out, to you, that you're wrong. You can get a ticket in the north stand at the Amex for £25, not £31.
yeah ,but not everyone wants to go in the north stand do they?? £31 against £21 at Blackburn in the same league???
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is it comparing then , seems quite obvious to me:facepalm:
regards
DR

To be honest, I haven't got a flying fck what point it is you are trying to make.

You can buy £25 tickets to watch the Rotherham game in lots of parts of the ground, including great views from the back of the NW corner.

Contrary to what you actually suggested in the OP, you cannot watch Blackburn play for £21 that day. They are away to Forest, and the Blackburn tickets are, guess what? £25. (But don't include travel)

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/tickets-nottingham-forest-v-rovers-2000634.aspx

Great thread das :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
It's being picky. You can get Albion tickets for £25, but chose not too, then moan about it.
Not moaning at all just honest critisism, there seems to be an element of ticket snobery with people accepting that because we come from a supposedly affluent area we can justyfy ticket prices to match ,cant be right surely ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
To be honest, I haven't got a flying fck what point it is you are trying to make.

You can buy £25 tickets to watch the Rotherham game in lots of parts of the ground, including great views from the back of the NW corner.

Contrary to what you actually suggested in the OP, you cannot watch Blackburn play for £21 that day. They are away to Forest, and the Blackburn tickets are, guess what? £25. (But don't include travel)

Great thread das :thumbsup:
thanks ,my old mucker from Burnley did point that one out but I'll stick to £31 /£21:)
regards
DR

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not moaning at all just honest critisism, there seems to be an element of ticket snobery with people accepting that because we come from a supposedly affluent area we can justyfy ticket prices to match ,cant be right surely ???
regards
DR

Ok then, how about Blackburns ticket price policy where they charge away fans £33 if an A+ Category match and only £15 if Category C game. Are they ripping off the better supported teams becuase they will be there in numbers (and you'd assume making it cheaper for Blackburn to open that stand in terms of average running costs / staffing per fan for that stand compared to a virtually empty stand which Blackburn will still have to staff)

So how does the "supposedly affluent area" thinking explain that difference in prices?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Supply and demand innit

if you live in Blackburn you have lots of options for fist and second level football within 25 miles or so.

If you live in Brighton you have one.

To be fair, you have lots of options for fist in certain areas of Brighton too.....

Jan 30, 2008
Ok then, how about Blackburns ticket price policy where they charge away fans £33 if an A+ Category match and only £15 if Category C game. Are they ripping off the better supported teams becuase they will be there in numbers (and you'd assume making it cheaper for Blackburn to open that stand in terms of average running costs / staffing per fan for that stand compared to a virtually empty stand which Blackburn will still have to staff)

So how does the "supposedly affluent area" thinking explain that difference in prices?
Aren't away ticket pricing the same at the amex though, I wasn't the one who put forward the affluent arguement ,that seemed to be an arguement put forward by other's ???
regards
DR

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Several thousand have found another option this season,if the club have the same arrogance that they have a captive audience then no wonder so much is wrong???

You really are a bore when it comes to whining at the club. We had 23,000 STHs last season. 23,000!!!! I'm not sure that was even going to be maintained without top flight football, and we are still at well over 20k. And our gates remain bigger than most in this division, if not all.

I think it's a shame prices remain high, but I can see why they are. They presumably feel they don't have to devalue the "product". Once you start cutting prices, it's very hard to put them up again, even if it is justified or even necessary.

You really are a bore when it comes to whining at the club. We had 23,000 STHs last season. 23,000!!!! I'm not sure that was even going to be maintained without top flight football, and we are still at well over 20k. And our gates remain bigger than most in this division, if not all.

I think it's a shame prices remain high, but I can see why they are. They presumably feel they don't have to devalue the "product". Once you start cutting prices, it's very hard to put them up again, even if it is justified or even necessary.

I just know that if i wanted to sit in a similar seat to my old s/t with my two sons who are still in education i would have to pay just short of a £100 for that i would have the service of a burger bar with huge queues and a transport system that struggles to cope.The football is irrelevant but these other issues should be sorted,as for the atmosphere fan zone is the clubs big initiative,the club needs to reconnect otherwise your wonderful 21,000 will be a wonderful 18,000 next season.

Last edited:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Average house price in Blackburn £117,967
Average house price in Brighton £325,546.

Nuff said?

Regards

EP

In Perth last month it was A$565,000 (£311,000) but then a pint will cost you $10 or more in a pub here! That said, if I'm ever back in Blighty and have the chance to watch the Albion the ticket price would be irrelevant to me as I'm sure it is to these lucky folk.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In Perth last month it was A$565,000 (£311,000) but then a pint will cost you $10 or more in a pub here! That said, if I'm ever back in Blighty and have the chance to watch the Albion the ticket price would be irrelevant to me as I'm sure it is to these lucky folk.

Streets, why so expensive in Perth? I know it's a lovely city but always thought land was cheaper in Oz.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Streets, why so expensive in Perth? I know it's a lovely city but always thought land was cheaper in Oz.

It's so remote with less than 2 million in the whole state, and due to a mining boom over the last few years a new wave of upwardly mobile cash happy under 40's (CUB's - cashed up bogans we call them) have had a marked upwards inflationary effect on things here. It's arguably as expensive, if not more so, to live in Perth than Sydney now. That said, you have to balance it up with the quality of life and and outdoor lifestyle which goes a long way for most people I know here.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I just know that if i wanted to sit in a similar seat to my old s/t with my two sons who are still in education i would have to pay just short of a £100 for that i would have the service of a burger bar with huge queues and a transport system that struggles to cope.The football is irrelevant but these other issues should be sorted,as for the atmosphere fan zone is the clubs big initiative,the club needs to reconnect otherwise your wonderful 21,000 will be a wonderful 18,000 next season.

Irrelevant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here