Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can there be any doubt now that Kuszczak is the greatest goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had ?

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Grummitt my personal fave but PIG very close. Best individual performance was Ben Roberts at Bradford. We won 1-0 and some of the saves he made defied belief. Best opposing keeper - Neville Southall when he was at Torquay. They beat us at Withdean and we nearly equalised late on. The header was goal bound but he seemed to extend his arm to push it round the post!

Roberts was outstanding that day. A Gordon Banks type save beneath us that was hard to see peering down from the top tier but incredible nonetheless. Completely agree about Southall that day too... Ageing, overweight yet magnificent!

As for Kuszczak, he's definitely up there as the best keeper I've seen. He's one of them that I still get complacent about when thinking it's normal that someone like him actually plays for us!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can there be any doubt now that Kuszczak is the greatest goalkeeper BHAFC hav...

Best? Possibly.

Any doubt? Certainly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have doubts that he is better than Grummit, but he's certainly the best since.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He still has a lot to prove. If he was 6 inches taller he'd still be in the Prem.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is 6 foot 3 inches.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So if he was 6 foot 9 inches he would be playing in the premiership ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry but I disagree. PIG is easily the best since Grummitt but he's not better. In my humble opinion.

I never saw him play for Brighton but think he played locally after that around the Worthing area. I always remember going to places like Wick, Ferring, Lancing grounds and it was him or Phil Bonetti or both that was keeping goal. Am I Imagining that?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Been watching the boys for 44 years. Brian Powney was my fave till the FDR arrived. Early days yet for Kuszczak in my opinion. However, he has won us many point already, and was amazing again yesterday. Happy days :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I never saw him play for Brighton but think he played locally after that around the Worthing area. I always remember going to places like Wick, Ferring, Lancing grounds and it was him or Phil Bonetti or both that was keeping goal. Am I Imagining that?

Was Phil Bonneti a relation of Peter? :smile:

Are you sure it wasn't Phil Parkes?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So if he was 6 foot 9 inches he would be playing in the premiership ?

Do you try to miss the point? All keepers claim to be taller than they are. I've met Tom and he is no taller than me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you try to miss the point? All keepers claim to be taller than they are. I've met Tom and he is no taller than me.

I am not sure what the point was.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

Both of them were involved in local football. Grummitt played for Worthing for a while and I think Bonnetti did as well.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Can there be any doubt now that Kuszczak is the greatest goalkeeper BHAFC hav...

He has been our rock.

I have heard a song sung about him for near on two seasons but only a handful join in, i don't get it.

We need to get behind the big Pole, he deserves it.

Hey! Big boy, What's your name?

Probably not caught on because it's a little bit shit.
It's fast becoming the W3C theme tune though. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here