Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can there be any doubt now that Kuszczak is the greatest goalkeeper BHAFC have ever had ?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Nicky Rust?

he was the keeper during my early seagulls days, back when i was 6,7,8 or 9yrs old or whatever, i remember me and mate where standing behind the goal during a pre match warm up, i think he was doing some shooting exercise, i shouted out 'hey nicky do you want a chewing gum?' and he said yeah in abit or words to that effect, but he never took one haha

they where really tough times for the albion, i think nicky owns a building firm last i heard?

D

Deleted member 2719

He has been our rock.

I have heard a song sung about him for near on two seasons but only a handful join in, i don't get it.

We need to get behind the big Pole, he deserves it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That is interesting because WA was complaining about that in the first half on the radio today. Incidentally who do you rate above him.

Beeney, Steele, Grummitt, Moseley are all up there........

I know the modern ball makes it harder to judge the flight but, good as he is as a shot stopper, Kusz invites problems by being static on his line too often. Hard fast balls in then okay but he should be more commanding against floated crosses.

My personal favourite keeper although nowhere near the best was Brisn Powney who despite lack of stature was exceptional in the air.......different ball and totally different game though

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Joe Corrigan was the best for me, the 2-2 draw away to Blackburn in his one and only season with us was the best performance of any Albion keeper ever!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Best keeper since I started going in 1982. Only Keeley and Roberts come close for me.

The best single performance I've seen, was John Sullivan at Leicester, in the 'pride in the shirt' game.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Grummitt my personal fave but PIG very close. Best individual performance was Ben Roberts at Bradford. We won 1-0 and some of the saves he made defied belief. Best opposing keeper - Neville Southall when he was at Torquay. They beat us at Withdean and we nearly equalised late on. The header was goal bound but he seemed to extend his arm to push it round the post!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can't really compare him with the other great Albion keepers in the kicking stakes but he doesn't command his area like a Corrigan or a Grummit. As a shot stopper though he really is up there.
Up until now I always thought Corrigan was the best we ever had,but Kooshy is certainly taking over that mantle now....all praise the Kooch

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Beeney. Simple basis, his sale saved our club.

Thanks Howard Wilkinson for paying more than he was worth, knowing full well the good it did for us.
Doesn't make him a better keeper though does it???

Tom Kuszczak is the best keeper I've known at the Albion, and that's going back to the early 80s.

Stand out player so far this season for me. Please please please Mr Contract man, sign him for another year or two.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Up until now I always thought Corrigan was the best we ever had,but Kooshy is certainly taking over that mantle now....all praise the Kooch
Corrigan was good but well past his best.

Graham Moseley was the regular keeper at the highest level. Everyone else was below that

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He's been great for us - should have been man of match vs Blackburn a couple of weeks back.

Of previous keepers loved Moseley and Keeley and Roberts was looking like a great keeper for us, shame injury robbed him of the chance to really establish himself as a club great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here