Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can someone explain to me

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I don’t have the vitriol but I do understand it. He gets a massive pass from me for only being 21.

I love De Zerbi’s stance. We should take our lead from him and simply dismiss him.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Would love if if God makes him stay at Brighton and play with the reserves. Assume he’d be cool with that as well, if it’s His will.
I want the money instead. Simply because then we will likely get one or two exciting new players no one has ever heard of.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
As said by Paul Barber. You either believe him or call him a liar.
There is no proof that Caicedo has refused to play, unlike Sanchez.

All there is, is internet gossip, and Paul Barber also said out of 1000 things said about it on the internet, 999 are wrong.
Haters are gonna hate, with or without proof, but it does show how hate spreads easily. People believe what they want to believe.

I fully blame his new agents.
It’s obvious he refused to cooperate with the club and certainly stayed away since they returned from the US. Fook 'im.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why loads of posters are hating on Caicedo when his sale is bringing £110m into the club but they seem fine with McAllister going for £35m.

I understand he's forcing a move but McAllister didn't have to, we couldn't hang out for more money there.
Easy answer. A lot of people are silly. If Caicedo had had MacAllisters contract and vice versa, they would be loving Caicedo and hating on Mac Allister. But most people don't get nuance or context, and the rest of us have to suffer that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As said by Paul Barber. You either believe him or call him a liar.
There is no proof that Caicedo has refused to play, unlike Sanchez.

All there is, is internet gossip, and Paul Barber also said out of 1000 things said about it on the internet, 999 are wrong.
Haters are gonna hate, with or without proof, but it does show how hate spreads easily. People believe what they want to believe.

I fully blame his new agents.
He's been badly advised but at the end of the day, he's followed that advice. By all accounts, he emptied his locker on Monday and hasn't been seen since. You might be prepared to ignore that but most will consider that as making yourself unavailable to play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's been badly advised but at the end of the day, he's followed that advice. By all accounts, he emptied his locker on Monday and hasn't been seen since. You might be prepared to ignore that but most will consider that as making yourself unavailable to play.
He was probably told to stay away like Trossard or Sanchez but I don’t see the vitriol for them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There has been vitriol for both Trossard and Sanchez, you must have missed it!
One or two but not the wholesale scrum for Caidedo.
One photo showed him in the Marina, all well and good, until somebody posted an old photo of him in London, and the majority believed it was a day or two ago and the other man his agent. Neither was true.

Paul Barber warned us on Wednesday night at the forum. Out of 1000 things on the internet, 999 aren’t true.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
One or two but not the wholesale scrum for Caidedo.
One photo showed him in the Marina, all well and good, until somebody posted an old photo of him in London, and the majority believed it was a day or two ago and the other man his agent. Neither was true.

Paul Barber warned us on Wednesday night at the forum. Out of 1000 things on the internet, 999 aren’t true.
Fine, you believe that he's a fine upstanding member of the squad. I'm guessing when RDZ said he'd already forgotten him he was misinformed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fine, you believe that he's a fine upstanding member of the squad. I'm guessing when RDZ said he'd already forgotten him he was misinformed.
It’s all black and white isn’t it? No nuances, no shades of grey.
I don’t believe that but I don’t hate him either.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I am going to give him some slack. He may be perceived as having acted as a SH@t, but if you are 21, in a foreign country for just over a year, and your nearest and dearest are all telling you that you could triple (or more) your wages overnight then: discuss. The bit he has been badly let down by his advisers is that If Chelsea don’t bid £111m +, not only has he burnt his bridges with us, but I don’t think the scousers will forgive him snubbing Liverpool

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find it hard to hate a 21 year old who was so good for us last season, and didn't sulk in January and instead got on with it after that window slammed shut.

He's had his head turned and is wanted by some of the biggest clubs in the world (and Chelsea). It's protracted because the figures are eye watering, but that's not his fault.

I won't be booing a player who was instrumental in our best ever season and ends up making the club about £80,000,000.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why loads of posters are hating on Caicedo when his sale is bringing £110m into the club but they seem fine with McAllister going for £35m.

I understand he's forcing a move but McAllister didn't have to, we couldn't hang out for more money there.
Really CBA, you need a morality check.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If I was at the game I would give him a boo, but only to join in the pantomime.

No-one really know what has been agreed, said and done. We all like to fill in the gaps to suit our narrative but I hold no I'll will for the bloke. He is doing what he thinks he needs to do, or what he has been asked to do to get where he feels he needs to go. This is the game we are in.

I would just like to get it over with and our replacement(s) organised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here