Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can season ticket holders get compensation ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That would have a detrimental effect on so many clubs and at all levels of the football pyramid from the top flight to grass roots as fans stay away from live games at that time to watch a match on tv (who would go to Lewes vs Farnham when you have Arsenal playing Man Utd on tv at the same time?)

Players will never earn £100k a week they said...nothing you say has any evidence to suggest that would happen. Yes you can argue a case it would but equally say it wouldn't happen. This is football. It defies all logic. The bubble must burst... It never does though!!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

The bloke is angry about games being changed to suit the tv companies. You know 3pm kick offs to 12.30 kick offs. Now I know shift patterns at work can't be changed but the fans bought there season tickets with the intention of being able to see games which were originally scheduled for 3pm. Once again sky wants the game and all you can come out with is the usual smart arse comment that we get on here.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Ifs buts and poppycock. The case for contempt is weakening. Fans United. Shall never be defeated! Archer OUT! :)

Yep that worked and we kept / saved the Goldstone Ground and forced Archer out as a result didn't we !?!

No one is forced to buy a ST, if it doesn't suit you, don't buy one but it will still suit a lot of those who therefore keep theirs. A ST will not suit everyone but if someone still decides to buy one anyway, they have to be prepared to accept the consequences as they have accepted it could happen when signing up (buyer beware) - In an ideal world match schedules will suit everyone who wanted to go but that's not what happens in the real world and you can't please all of the people all of the time

Most used to buy on a game by game basis, in some cases even if they went to every game in a season so if this method suits someone best, why try to force a St to work for you when you know it's unlikely?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The bloke is angry about games being changed to suit the tv companies. You know 3pm kick offs to 12.30 kick offs. Now I know shift patterns at work can't be changed but the fans bought there season tickets with the intention of being able to see games which were originally scheduled for 3pm. Once again sky wants the game and all you can come out with is the usual smart arse comment that we get on here.

Not being a smartarse at all. When buying a season ticket, you MUST know that if we have a good season, there's a good chance that a number of games will be moved for tv. It might be wrong and it might be more nails in the coffin of the game we love etc., but he and his mates would have KNOWN that this could happen.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Can't they find someone willing to swap shifts around to make it work?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
the fans bought there season tickets with the intention of being able to see games which were originally scheduled for 3pm.

If they thought this then they are idiots. Everyone knows there is a possibility of games being moved for TV coverage and thete is absolutely no option for compensation given the terms and conditions of ths ST. Given that their shifts finish at 1pm no doubt a move for tv to Saturday 17.30 or Friday 19.46 or Monday 19.45 would be acceptable to thsm. However TV schedules are not run purely for the benefit of a couple of postal workers.

On the plus side to can record the game and watch it at the end of their shift. But hang on the moaners on about the cost of Sky sports will now jump in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
the fans bought there season tickets with the intention of being able to see games which were originally scheduled for 3pm.

I get annoyed with the re-scheduling too, but that statement is not true.

Most of us bought our season tickets, or at least committed to the direct debit payments for them, long before we even knew which division we were in and many months before the fixture computer selected dates and times for fixtures.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A test of what exactly?

There is a TV deal which means games are moved for coverage and there are terms and conditions with the purchase of a season ticket which says that games can be moved from the originally published times / dates at fairly short notice.

It's been like this for years so why is it only recently becoming an issue?

Errrr....because we are having a lot more games moved this season.

According to the t+cs, the fixtures can be moved to anytime of day or night. But as we effectively have to sign up now to a set of fixtures for next season, the time, date and number of which we have no idea about, it would be interesting to understand the validity of this 'contract' in law.

The reality is that those who have work and other constraints, such as the Eastbourne postmen, are likely to vote with their feet and not renew.

PG

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just another example of why me and the missus didn't renew this season. Just not prepared to be jerked around by them any more.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Its the price of success .I do wonder however that if the TV coverage needs a full ,noisy stadium,then schedules are not working.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
If they thought this then they are idiots. Everyone knows there is a possibility of games being moved for TV coverage and thete is absolutely no option for compensation given the terms and conditions of ths ST. Given that their shifts finish at 1pm no doubt a move for tv to Saturday 17.30 or Friday 19.46 or Monday 19.45 would be acceptable to thsm. However TV schedules are not run purely for the benefit of a couple of postal workers.

On the plus side to can record the game and watch it at the end of their shift. But hang on the moaners on about the cost of Sky sports will now jump in.

First of all I'm not talking about compensation. Wouldn't want it. Secondly I don't care about the game change personally. As for sky it's a rip off. :)

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I get annoyed with the re-scheduling too, but that statement is not true.

Most of us bought our season tickets, or at least committed to the direct debit payments for them, long before we even knew which division we were in and many months before the fixture computer selected dates and times for fixtures.

You know exactly what I'm trying to say.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Not being a smartarse at all. When buying a season ticket, you MUST know that if we have a good season, there's a good chance that a number of games will be moved for tv. It might be wrong and it might be more nails in the coffin of the game we love etc., but he and his mates would have KNOWN that this could happen.
yes maybe 1 or 2 but by the end of the season it could be 5 out of 21 games which is 25% of the home games which to me is a bit over the top for a Championship clubs home games

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Errrr....because we are having a lot more games moved this season.

According to the t+cs, the fixtures can be moved to anytime of day or night. But as we effectively have to sign up now to a set of fixtures for next season, the time, date and number of which we have no idea about, it would be interesting to understand the validity of this 'contract' in law.

The reality is that those who have work and other constraints, such as the Eastbourne postmen, are likely to vote with their feet and not renew.

PG

Have to sign up... have to sign up ? - who forced anyone to sign up to a Brighton ST? and how were those who were forced to sign up selected, some sort of ballot or something?

If those buying think it may not suit them later if games get moved (and it's highly likely some would be moved even in a poor performance season) why buy one?

There is the option of a game by game ticket purchase instead if that makes sure they can attend the games they buy for (brought, may i add, when you get some idea of when a fixture might take place and against whom, which a lot of ST buyers don't know when they sign up)

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
That would have a detrimental effect on so many clubs and at all levels of the football pyramid from the top flight to grass roots as fans stay away from live games at that time to watch a match on tv (who would go to Lewes vs Farnham when you have Arsenal playing Man Utd on tv at the same time?)

Definitely agree, grassroots football would be affected.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
I have Albion friends where I work who are season ticket holders who bought their season ticket to watch the club on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm.
Being postmen they finish at 1.30pm and can't get to the AMEX for 12.30 start due to Sky wanting an early kickoff.
There must be many other season ticket holders who are seriously p*ssed off and cannot make an early kickoff due to being at work on Saturday mornings and who didn't expect so many early games and are losing the benefit of seeing the top games .
It is hardly fair after stumping up so much money and the club must realise that working people don't only work 9 to 5 mon to fri

You know it isn't 1985 yes? In 2016 the sky money makes the world go round. I guess you aren't moaning about the talent of players we can now attract through this extra income? I work in retail so understand your pain but I'm afraid have to accept it!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Have to sign up... have to sign up ? - who forced anyone to sign up to a Brighton ST? and how were those who were forced to sign up selected, some sort of ballot or something?

If those buying think it may not suit them later if games get moved (and it's highly likely some would be moved even in a poor performance season) why buy one?

There is the option of a game by game ticket purchase instead if that makes sure they can attend the games they buy for (brought, may i add, when you get some idea of when a fixture might take place and against whom, which a lot of ST buyers don't know when they sign up)

The product being offered by the club is a specific seat on a season long basis. But to purchase this product, I repeat, you have to commit financially to it before you know the material details of said product. This could be legally challenged.

Firms often include terms and conditions that suit their position. They don't automatically override consumers' rights in law.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here