Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Oscar really be blamed?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I just hope that the money we made from Bridcutt and Barnes this year will be put in on top of our budget next season, and maybe it is sensible to spend more when we have moved into the academy and when many of the players contracts are up.

It has been an impossible job for Oscar this season and I am looking forward to seeing what we do this summer.

I think you will find that a fair chunk of the Bridcutt money went into the Academy costs so don't expect too much in the summer unless we sell another of our saleable players

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No not all of them just a little bit though and that's from an insider, so don't expect the money to be spent in the summer unless we sell again

Can you define a little bit? because I very much doubt we would have been £500k short of a £30m project that had almost been built???

If your insider has just told you a little bit it's not exactly hardcore evidence of it being fact.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But Hoskins was available before and he wasn't used.

For one game where they would have had to weigh up his fitness against Rodriguez's. Given his history.........

Oscar made a LOT of mistakes today but he can only pick from who Burke and Jones sign and Bloom and Barber pay for. Unless he's suddenly become manager instead of head coach.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can you define a little bit? because I very much doubt we would have been £500k short of a £30m project that had almost been built???

If your insider has just told you a little bit it's not exactly hardcore evidence of it being fact.

A little more than that 3m was the figure given costs go up you know, maybe that's why he had that niggling injury throughout that month

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
For one game where they would have had to weigh up his fitness against Rodriguez's. Given his history.........

Oscar made a LOT of mistakes today but he can only pick from who Burke and Jones sign and Bloom and Barber pay for. Unless he's suddenly become manager instead of head coach.

And whose choice is that ?

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
OG has had a terrible situation to deal with, no preseason a huge injury list and a lack of quality signings. However we are not suffering from injuries as much a the moment and we seem to have gone backwards.

Lopez looked much more dangerous in his natural role behind the striker but Buckley gets injured and he gets lumped out wide with the ineffectual JFC coming into the middle. That's a situation of his own making and it's decisions like that that really frustrate me.

Out defence is far too slow and that's the main root of our problems IMHO as it's obvious Garcia feels he needs two defensive midfielders to protect them. Unless that is really is his style then we are in big trouble.

As I've said before the summer activity will be the true indication of our intentions and it will be fascinating to see wha unfolds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here