Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Oscar really be blamed?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Of course Oscar is to blame and anybody who says he isn't is an idiot. He only had to check if she was still in bed before he started blasting the **** out of the toilet door.

Lol:D

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think Oscar is to blame for todays performance.

To replace Buckley with JFC was ridiculous. If he believed pace was the answer to beating Middlesboro, putting Lopez on the wing when Buckley went off, was a complete contradiction.

The clear answer was KLL with Jesse swapping wings - terrible tactical decision.

Spot on! This was just so nonsensical and negative. When Buckley and his fragile hamstring force the change why not be positive and take the game to Boro by bringing on Lua Lua. We all know he is best as an impact sub so why not try to have that impact earlier rather than bring him on when we having to chase the game.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Our transfer policy has let Garcia down we've lost Bridge, El-Abd, Bridcutt,Barnes, Hammond and Vicente since the end last season .We've also had CMS, Hoskins and Orlandi out for most of the season as well as losing Crofts for around half the season all without getting equal quality(other than Ward) replacements in. And before anyone gets on the FFP high horse this isn't about what we spend, it's what we spend it on ie paying out on loans to sit on the bench and permanent transfers to not even make the squad. Instead of , I believe, Burke identifying targets for Oscar to choose from how about Oscar identifying targets for Burke to chase? Let the tradesman choose his own tools, it's not rocket science

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Our transfer policy has let Garcia down we've lost Bridge, El-Abd, Bridcutt,Barnes, Hammond and Vicente since the end last season .We've also had CMS, Hoskins and Orlandi out for most of the season as well as losing Crofts for around half the season all without getting equal quality(other than Ward) replacements in. And before anyone gets on the FFP high horse this isn't about what we spend, it's what we spend it on ie paying out on loans to sit on the bench and permanent transfers to not even make the squad. Instead of , I believe, Burke identifying targets for Oscar to choose from how about Oscar identifying targets for Burke to chase? Let the tradesman choose his own tools, it's not rocket science

If that's what Oscar wants ?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Maybe Oscar does not see selecting players as part of his job......

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don't see how anyone but Oscar can take the blame.

We seem to be devoid of any actually pattern of play, the plan seems to be 3 or 4 passes across the back four and then lump it at Ulloa, a midfield 3 who don't pass forward or attempt to drive the game on and an isolated striker with no support. Oscar sets the team up and tells them how to play and seeing as he hasn't changed the line up much over the last 3 games and has come out after the game and said in his opinion we've played well they must be following his instructions

Willet

Nov 13, 2012
Ferring
Facts are we have a fantastic stadium & state of the art training facilities both the envy of many. Missing part of the puzzle is we need better players if we want to get to the premiership. So imho, we need to either invest heavily in our youth programme or buy players.The manager can only do so much, although I think he is struggling but lets face he has a hard job following Gus and has had a difficult start to life in the championship. Changing the manager won't make much difference - how many managers would want to come here & have no money to spend? Keep the faith he deserves 1 more season.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Facts are we have a fantastic stadium & state of the art training facilities both the envy of many. Missing part of the puzzle is we need better players if we want to get to the premiership. So imho, we need to either invest heavily in our youth programme or buy players.The manager can only do so much, although I think he is struggling but lets face he has a hard job following Gus and has had a difficult start to life in the championship. Changing the manager won't make much difference - how many managers would want to come here & have no money to spend? Keep the faith he deserves 1 more season.

So you know for FACT he hasn't got money to spend

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How the hell, is Burke meant to replace strikers, when we only play with one striker, andf thats Leo.

Chris Wood, Sam Vokes, Leroy Lita, all class acts, not used as strikers.

Jesse Lingard. A striker. Played Out wide.

Its no wonder decent strikers are not queuing up to join us? Would you i played up front?

Wood was on loan, Poyet decided not to bring him back, if he had the option, but played up top when here.
Vokes played up top wasn't very good when here.
Lita so good that no-one else has picked him up
Lingard is not a striker, he says so himself.
Other than that good point.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Burke has sold our best players and failed to sufficiently replace them, Oscar has an impossible job if he is expected to turn this into a playoff qualifying team.

I would also add Barber as he holds the purse strings and seems to have tied them rather tight and made them 1-way so money only drops in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here