Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Oscar really be blamed?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Because Oscar is the boss. If he goes, Jones goes.

There is an alternative , get rid of Jones and make Calde the assistant coach. If we're going to play it properly with a Spanish flavour we don't need a Welsh influence.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Burke has sold our best players and failed to sufficiently replace them, Oscar has an impossible job if he is expected to turn this into a playoff qualifying team.

I just hope that the money we made from Bridcutt and Barnes this year will be put in on top of our budget next season, and maybe it is sensible to spend more when we have moved into the academy and when many of the players contracts are up.

It has been an impossible job for Oscar this season and I am looking forward to seeing what we do this summer.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Interesting that nobody mentions jones in all this.

My thoughts too

I've been keeping an eye on the the technical area and it's surprised me to see both Garcia and Jones there for the vast majority of the game. When I look at the opposition it is pretty well just the main man with the odd coming and going of the assistant.

Given that Oscar obviously didn't pick Jones I'm beginning to wonder if they aren't at odds with each other and the instructions going out aren't confusing. That might also be contributing to team selection and tactical differences of opinion.

Just a hunch but it doesn't feel like a marriage made in heaven to me!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Of course it's Oscars fault! Don't you know he tells his players to go out and play without passion? He also tells them to miss whenever they can just so everyone on NSC can bitch and moan and pretend they can do better because they coached an under 11 game once and have played a bit of Fifa...

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
yes he has to take his share of the blame
he prepares the team
but fair play he does have a big selection dilemma
the sad truth is not ONE of our forward looking players
deserve a place on the team sheet on current form
they take the penalties and the shots
they cross the balls and try to create good chances
and they are all struggling without exception

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Of course he can be blamed. That's not the question.

The ghost of Sir Humphrey Appleby stalks the boards....

"Someone must be at fault.
Oscar Garcia is someone.
Therefore Oscar Garcia is at fault."

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Our style of play has become totally predictable, very slow coming forward, Leo playing very deep. When we bring Kaz on as an impact player (his best role IMHO), teams now double/treble man him since it appears to be our only outlet and we're stuffed. Best chance we had prior to the penalty was when Matt Upson did a 'route 1' up field bypassing all of this square passing. I do not wish to become a Wimbledon but something needs to change. We have not progressed at all this season, injuries allowing.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
My thoughts too

I've been keeping an eye on the the technical area and it's surprised me to see both Garcia and Jones there for the vast majority of the game. When I look at the opposition it is pretty well just the main man with the odd coming and going of the assistant.

Given that Oscar obviously didn't pick Jones I'm beginning to wonder if they aren't at odds with each other and the instructions going out aren't confusing. That might also be contributing to team selection and tactical differences of opinion.

Just a hunch but it doesn't feel like a marriage made in heaven to me!

Your seeing the same as me. I actually think jones has more say than people realise . Not sure he's respected by the players much either. But who knows

D

Deleted member 2719

Burke has sold our best players and failed to sufficiently replace them, Oscar has an impossible job if he is expected to turn this into a playoff qualifying team.

This again.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
How the hell, is Burke meant to replace strikers, when we only play with one striker, andf thats Leo.

Chris Wood, Sam Vokes, Leroy Lita, all class acts, not used as strikers.

Jesse Lingard. A striker. Played Out wide.

Its no wonder decent strikers are not queuing up to join us? Would you i played up front?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Oscar is to blame for todays performance.

To replace Buckley with JFC was ridiculous. If he believed pace was the answer to beating Middlesboro, putting Lopez on the wing when Buckley went off, was a complete contradiction.

The clear answer was KLL with Jesse swapping wings - terrible tactical decision.

In terms of the overall season probably not, it effectively finished for us when Crofts was injured and Barnes was sold. Two leaders gone none stepping up.

D

Deleted member 2719

Garcia didn't take that penalty, half time girls struck the ball sweeter.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Your seeing the same as me. I actually think jones has more say than people realise . Not sure he's respected by the players much either. But who knows

and .... Oscar doesn't seem to be the sort to get into a major confrontation and Jones is a Welsh ****

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I feel sorry for him in some respects because he hasn't got many attacking options, but I am beginning to wonder about his team selections. How Andrews and Lopez get into the starting line up I don't know. If a player comes in and plays well he gets dropped. Dunk, Calderon, Stephens and Ince earlier in the season all had good games and got dropped. Andrews and Lopez and have been poor all season and seem to play in the majority of games. Bruno hasn't exactly been consistent, but has continued at the expense of Calderon. Greer has been poor lately but seems undropable and his poor form is rubbing off on the dependable Upson and Ward. The time has come to start with Solly March to support Ulloa who looks as if he has finally cracked with the frustration of just having the ball booted up to him. Buckley is becoming an embarrassment and the clubs failure to get Conway has prove a massive mistake. We have not signed a decent striker to replace CMS and Hoskins who we knew were going to be out for the majority of the season. Obika and Lita were not the answer although I felt sorry for Lita who never really had the chance to show what he had to offer. Surely Burke must take some of the blame for not identifying a decent replacement. Money must have been available from the sale of Bridcutt and Barnes.
Crofts has been a massive miss and I hope that Stephens plays the remaining games of the season as he, Ince and Crofts should be the key midfield for next season. If players are playing for a new contract there are not too many doing themselves any favours.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Totally agree. Not his fault things aren't going his way. He hasn't had the players and the fact (in my opinion) that Crofts was our player of the season until he got injured speaks a lot to me. He's had bad luck with injuries, poor signings from Jones/Burke (don't even try and say that he's got them off of his own accord, because it's obvious he hasn't) and the players not adapting to how he wants us to play, whatever way that is.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
We can't score to save our lives. We created more than enough today to win the game but none of it hit the back of the net. That isn't Oscar's fault short of him sprinting 60 yards from the technical area to net when the ball enters the box. I'm pretty certain that is forbidden by FA rules however.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Of course Oscar is to blame and anybody who says he isn't is an idiot. He only had to check if she was still in bed before he started blasting the **** out of the toilet door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here