Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameras at Millenium

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
CrabtreeBHA said:
one way to get around the stewards confiscating your camera:

show them that a couple of pics have already been taken (i.e. a few on the journey) stating that "they are of my new born son, born 5:30am this morning in the Royal Sussex Hospital, this is going to be the best day of my life!!" - they simply CANT take your camera away from you then! :thumbsup:

I don't think I'd get away with that :dunce:

Nov 3, 2003
"I don't want my expensive digital camera to be confiscated."

TOO RIGHT

but what about Mobile phones they ARE allowed but some have digital cameras built in do what they gonna do confenscatred them? surely not?

Maybe a letter/email to powers that be would be helpful?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
I don't think I'd get away with that :dunce:

newborn Grandson, come on Yorkie think on your toes :D

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
FG aka Football Genius. said:
"I don't want my expensive digital camera to be confiscated."

TOO RIGHT

but what about Mobile phones they ARE allowed but some have digital cameras built in do what they gonna do confenscatred them? surely not?

Maybe a letter/email to powers that be would be helpful?

Camera's for obvious reasons, are banned in courts, this also includes mobiles with pictue taking facilities.

Many sports centre's now ban mobiles with camera's (fear mr pervert taking pictures of kiddies in state of undress)

What makes you think the control freeks at the FL won't ban them?

May I also point out that on the football league regs mobiles are already banned (well not the mobile but the batteries for them) can be used as a misile. Unless the copy I half inched out of a skip at the Goldstone (RIP) is not too out of date.

Nov 3, 2003
may be down to individual stewards and hope you dont get a jobsworth bit like bottled water taken into concert arenas they sell them inside yet take the damm tops off just keep one with you and have and reassemble when they aint looking its a pain i mean my copper coins can do more damage than a flying cap and they aintgonna rob me of my pennies are they? its oTT these days but i share concerns you dont want your prized cam taken off you even if they takie the batteries away using re-chargeable ones aint cheap. only safe way is suppose one on a mobile phone or one of those so tiny onjes you can fit it inside your wallet yet of course the quality cant be as good. ANyone found any other problems with this damm game!!!!

Nov 3, 2003
sorry what do you mean by football league regs?

its crazy i mean mobiles with cams soon be the norm and what you suppose to do travel away frtom home its the norm like carrying a watch withyou, wont be long before you'll be not allowed in with any loose change just notes as could use these as weapons i mean what about my fists are they gonna handcuff everyone on the way in its riddiculous!

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Football League Ground Regulations the things that you are supposed too abide by when you enter a footie ground. The same things that ban cameras, foul and abusive and or racist language.

I did not say that anyone would nick your phone just that mobile phone batteries are specified as banned objects as they can be used as a missile (and yes I know coins can, but I don't think you are allowed to ban coins of the realm. Reminds me of joke though, Birmingham City Fans having run out of 50p's to throw wrapped a £1 note (old joke) round a brick instead.).

Caps on bottles are not banned because you can cause damage with the cap, but that having emptied the contents of the bottle some wags fill it back up with a bodily function that follows taking on loads of liquid and then put the cap back on and lob it.

if you think all of this is silly, spare a thought for the Villa fans prosecuted, convicted and banned form all football grounds for chucking celery in the air as the teams came out. Not on the pitch, not at other people just in the air, no I don't get why you would want to either, but they fell foul of the missile rule.

Last edited:

Nov 3, 2003
crazy so you can take a mobile phone in but not its battery!!!! (though i presume the rule refers to a spare one) madness isnt it, i mean what about a lady (or gent for that matter but not me!!) waering tights then filling it up with something and sling hooking it in the air the list is endless and crazy what is considered banned where does it end anyone else got any crazy stories on banned items. i recall a can of coke (cola man cola) been taken off me outside a ground i quickly tooka swig them tipped rest down a drain the copper wasnt happy and for my cheek i nearly dint get in the ground i mean what do they do with them after all well they dont pack a can of drink with their sarnies thats for sure!

Jumper

May 25, 2004
Bristol
Cameras

I took one to Citys ldv final last year no prob.
Best of luck in the ldv next season

Last edited:

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
f***ing English football authorities, have taken a digi camcorder to Ajax, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Champions Laague Finals - no questions, I wanna take mine to Play off final too...missus handbag will have to do then - have to find some matching shoes....:lolol:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
My girlfriend had a small deodorant taken off her as she entered the Withdean last month, and she really looks like a football thug ??? They searched her handbag, but some other likely looking Brighton lads didn't even get frisked as they went in :angry:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
jmc said:
f***ing English football authorities, have taken a digi camcorder to Ajax, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Champions Laague Finals - no questions, I wanna take mine to Play off final too...missus handbag will have to do then - have to find some matching shoes....:lolol:

I took my pro kit into Barcelona last year (UEFA CUP) with no problems, they were most accommodating allowing me to move around, sit where I like (not pitchside but then often being in the stands is better for some shots) pity British greed has stopped this. The amount the clubs must make back from this must be small.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm gonna get a huge camera ala Trigger Happy TV's mobile Phone, stand on my seat and yell out "SAY CHEEEEEEEEEESE!" :D Do you think they would allow that in? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here