Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameras at Millenium

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I've taken my camera to many away games this season and most of the the time there has been no problem. It's obvious you're not a pro when you have a little bag with no accompanying lenses, laptop, stool, rucksack etc.

The only questioning I got was at Hillsborough when they said that as long as I didn't take any photos during the game it's OK.

I don't think there will be a problem - they know what a big ocassion it is for any team so I'm sure they will be turning blind eyes all over the place

:clap2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm taking mine, shoving it down my jeans and saying "you take it out, Mr Gayman"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Mr Popkins said:
IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO, CONFISCATE EVERYONES MOBILE PHONES WITH CAMERAS ATTACHED?!

yeah, thats what i was thinking.

(btw why are you SHOUTING ? ? ? )

GlynTheMilk

May 24, 2004
Wrexham
I've taken my camera into the MillStad loads of times for Wales games, and I will be taking it in there on Sunday (I wanna see this banner). I wouldn't worry about it if I were you - get snapping!

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I've taken my digital camera in both times at Mill Stad and they've not even commented.

And this time I'm taking my camcorder in as well....

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I'm saying nothing. And I'm especially not going to suggest that Easy 10 might be asked to conceal one of my "telescopes" somewhere the sun rarely shines.....

(that's not to say I am not working on a cunning but legitimate plan)
:lolol:

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
The stewards stopped a Bournemouth fan last season but didn't take his camera - the rule is there so they can confiscate a camera from anyone entering the stadium intending to take 'professional images' - so Roz should be safe ;)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
will those horns be allowed in? i bought mine outside the withdean but wasnt allowed it in :( but they create a great atmosphere!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Reading Posh said:
the rule is there so they can confiscate a camera from anyone entering the stadium intending to take 'professional images' - so Roz should be safe ;)
Bless her cotton little socks. :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am taking my digital camera whatever - been to every away game this season and not a word asked.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Loads of people had cameras at our play-off final last year, and the same has been the case at every Wales game I've attended at the Stadium.

To be honest, I can't even remember ever being searched entering the Millennium Stadium.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I would remind everyone that this year may be different with the heightened security level at high profile public stadia and terrorism.

Personally I think the "protection of revenue" rules of photography in this country is nothing short of pathetic and has got worse since the advent of FLPTV as they try and squeeze every penny out. Licensing is the pits and denies avenues of advancement for those wanting to develop their craft regardless of if they have acceptance of the clubs involved or not.

It is also gonna become even more impossible to police with small digi cams now able to take equivalent pictures too a 3 year old pro digi. In 3 years time this probably means that small digi's will be able to take pics as good as the pro kit now. As with downloading music pointless to try and ban they have to try and work with it.

My advice, if the camera matters don't take it or make sure you can get it back to the car or hotel in time to get back to the ground for kick off.
Or take a disposable. But just take pictures, loads of them and have fun.

I am unlikely to be there unless allowed in, on a press (application in but unlikely due to lack of licence) as finance does not allow anything else so have fun and lets hope for a win.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have a Canon 35mm camera and have taken it in my handbag for loads of games.

I have also had my handbag searched loads of times and the camera has never been mentioned.

As pointed out the modern mobile phones are cameras now so they cannot confiscate those.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
one way to get around the stewards confiscating your camera:

show them that a couple of pics have already been taken (i.e. a few on the journey) stating that "they are of my new born son, born 5:30am this morning in the Royal Sussex Hospital, this is going to be the best day of my life!!" - they simply CANT take your camera away from you then! :thumbsup:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Reading Posh said:
The stewards stopped a Bournemouth fan last season but didn't take his camera - the rule is there so they can confiscate a camera from anyone entering the stadium intending to take 'professional images' - so Roz should be safe ;)

Methinks some chislas may be asking for a good clump from a 300mm "telescope".....
:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here