Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cameras at Millenium

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I do believe their not allowed. I think (although my ticket isn't here - I have examind it closly) section 5 on the reverse side it staes that camera may not be taken into the ground.

Whether this rule is upheld or not is another issue.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I think cameras are allowed unless you are using the pictures for commercial reasons etc. Ie people taking snaps of their day out at the millenium stadium are not exactly gonna get told not to take photos are they.

I'm taking my camera to record a great day out.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I'm glad someone started this thread because I saw what it said on the ticket and was a bit disappointed as I don't want my expensive digital camera to be confiscated. Anyone got any idea what the official line is. I had assumed it meant recording for sale but not really sure.
Why can't they put it in English. A simple "you can/can't bring cameras for personal use" would suffice.:censored:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
This is the official line from the Millenium Stadium website:

"06. With the exception of authorised persons holding official passes, the taking of photographs, video-photography, or other recordings inside the buildings or the ground is prohibited. In addition, no recording whether for radio or television, by audio or visual means, or for private purposes and whether for transmission or otherwise, is permitted, save with special authorisation in writing from MS plc."

So in other words no.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
tinx said:
I think cameras are allowed unless you are using the pictures for commercial reasons etc. Ie people taking snaps of their day out at the millenium stadium are not exactly gonna get told not to take photos are they.

I'm taking my camera to record a great day out.

good thinking, might have to purchase a throw away one, forgetting the correct wordage for this type of camera :shootself

Rangdo said:
This is the official line from the Millenium Stadium website:

"06. With the exception of authorised persons holding official passes, the taking of photographs, video-photography, or other recordings inside the buildings or the ground is prohibited. In addition, no recording whether for radio or television, by audio or visual means, or for private purposes and whether for transmission or otherwise, is permitted, save with special authorisation in writing from MS plc."

To be honest that's no different from the policy of any theatre, concert hall, cinema or other football ground anywhere in the country.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think "Single Use" or "Disposable" camera is the expression you are groping for, Crabbers.

Remember to get the film developed before you dispose of the camera though.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
YES that would be the word i was looking for! DISPOSABLE! It was one of those amazingly annoying things when you KNOW what it is but you just cant think of it!

Good thinking Easy about developing, it might help :jester:

It is Football Lague Ground regulation - those ones that are pasted up around turnstiles.

However, I've got mine in loads of times (indeed my video camera nearly concked out whilst taping the marvellous scenes during the penalty shoot out because of the rain.)

I'll be very suprised if they don't let them in. unless they've got a very long lens on, then it will be quite obvious that they are not for professional use

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
Good thinking Easy about developing, it might help :jester:
No worries, always glad to be of assistance.

I'm sending off a couple of films to be developed today as it happens, in those pikey Truprint freepost envelopes you see everywhere.
75p per 35mm film (24 exposure) plus 70p p&p, and they do a damn fine job, if you don't mind waiting couple of weeks for them to come back. They'll also do the DISPOSABLE cameras for the same price. Saves being ripped off in Boots.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
No worries, always glad to be of assistance.

I'm sending off a couple of films to be developed today as it happens, in those pikey Truprint freepost envelopes you see everywhere.
75p per 35mm film (24 exposure) plus 70p p&p, and they do a damn fine job, if you don't mind waiting couple of weeks for them to come back. They'll also do the DISPOSABLE cameras for the same price. Saves being ripped off in Boots.

not bad that, I only go to Boots 'cos I like to get mine on CD aswell.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Storer68 said:
I'll be very suprised if they don't let them in. unless they've got a very long lens on, then it will be quite obvious that they are not for professional use
I bet ROZ will sneak one of her TELESCOPES in and get us all THROWN OUT :jester:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
hmmm, so *officially* your not allowed. But then you see load of flashes going off at games. So wahts the, er, Officail-Unoffical line? Do they actually bother to search and if found do they bother to taek them off you? I need to know as i was planning on buying a nice new digital job for the occassion.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO, CONFISCATE EVERYONES MOBILE PHONES WITH CAMERAS ATTACHED?!

I DONT THINK SO!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here