Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calleri deal delayed until January?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Depend who the new player is, surely!?
No it doesn't. Did you watch the Ipswich game? The movement and understanding of the front two was fantastic. Why disrupt a partnership that is blossoming?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He's top scorer for them so far, he's 21, prices are generally higher in January- lots of reasons.

Of course he could get injured or suffer a dramatic loss of form. It's unlikely he's value will drop though.

'He's value.' FFS. Why can't I edit this?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Depend who the new player is, surely!?

I don't think it'd do team morale much good if any player could come in and take the place of a another player straight away, particularly after such a good start. Obviously I'm taliking about players that are credible targets.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not for me, sends out the wrong message to players, dropping them when they are playing well.
Do you honestly think, if we spent £10m on JC or similar, he would sit on the bench for long!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well Dunk may well be our highest paid player and he is.

Would you seriously disrupt a winning team to fit in your record signing?

If we spend that much, it indicates we have a lot of faith in our new signing, so yes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough then we completely disagree [emoji4].

Fair enough. I would just like to say I am really happy that Sam B is now playing well, and I hope he scores bucket-loads of goals.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Argentinian season ends in the first week of December.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree totally. Baldock is in possession of the shirt and until he plays badly any new signing will have to wait.
I think Baldock is playing well, and I don't want to see him dropped. But if we bring in someone who CH regards as better, and that player does well in training, they'll get a chance. Maybe as sub to start with, and if they do well, they'll start, even if Baldock continues to play well.

Not for me, sends out the wrong message to players, dropping them when they are playing well.
I don't think it'd do team morale much good if any player could come in and take the place of a another player straight away, particularly after such a good start.
Well Dunk may well be our highest paid player and he is.

Would you seriously disrupt a winning team to fit in your record signing?
We have disrupted our winning team. Our best performance so far is probably the last one, where Rosenior was given his first league start.

I do understand that it's harsh to drop someone who's been playing well, but the bottom line is we want results. Yes we've had good results so far, but that doesn't guarantee the next result will be good, so if a better player is available, they should be picked.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think Baldock is playing well, and I don't want to see him dropped. But if we bring in someone who CH regards as better, and that player does well in training, they'll get a chance. Maybe as sub to start with, and if they do well, they'll start, even if Baldock continues to play well.

We have disrupted our winning team. Our best performance so far is probably the last one, where Rosenior was given his first league start.

I do understand that it's harsh to drop someone who's been playing well, but the bottom line is we want results.
:facepalm:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I do understand that it's harsh to drop someone who's been playing well, but the bottom line is we want results. Yes we've had good results so far, but that doesn't guarantee the next result will be good, so if a better player is available, they should be picked.

As you said yourself, they may start as sub first which is exactly right. As per Rosenoir.

However, to swap a like for like player, 'just because' he is a new signing is wrong.

How do you justify it to Baldock?
...........because I perceive new signing to be a better player?

Just not right, Baldock's morale is shot and so is the harmony of the squad, every time a new player is signed, as you have 'could be me regardless of how well I'm playing' scenario.

Additionally, forwards work in pairs (or should do, when we play 2 up), Tomer and Baldock are establishing a partnership, but effectively you have to start again.

In terms of the new signing who comes straight into a new team and the team doesn't win, pressure mounts and after a few games their confidence level may drop.

Integrating via substitute bench is the way to go for me, particularly if you have a player who is already playing well.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As you said yourself, they may start as sub first which is exactly right. As per Rosenoir.

However, to swap a like for like player, 'just because' he is a new signing is wrong.

How do you justify it to Baldock?
...........because I perceive new signing to be a better player?

Just not right, Baldock's morale is shot and so is the harmony of the squad, every time a new player is signed, as you have 'could be me regardless of how well I'm playing' scenario.

Additionally, forwards work in pairs (or should do, when we play 2 up), Tomer and Baldock are establishing a partnership, but effectively you have to start again.

In terms of the new signing who comes straight into a new team and the team doesn't win, pressure mounts and after a few games their confidence level may drop.

Integrating via substitute bench is the way to go for me, particularly if you have a player who is already playing well.

That is all very well, but you don't smash your transfer record and stick him on the bench do you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here