Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calleri deal delayed until January?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems neither the player or club are keen on a deal right now, and come January we'll be jostling for position with a half dozen other clubs at least. i dont see its going to happen.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
COG's overtried against Walsall and probably turned in his worst performance instead.

COG didn't move for the 70 minutes he was on he park against Walsall.

It didn't help that we only played one up front and the midfield of Ince, JFC, Murphy, Holla and March gave him no support, although it did bring back memories of last season.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Leo on loan until jan all the while talking us up to JC seems a good route to me

Would be great as we know what we would be getting and he clearly has a great affection for our club.

Would Leicester let him back on loan though? Wages would be another stumbling block.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't want to drop Baldock for anyone right now. He and Hemed are really starting to click.

Not even MV? Wow!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He's top scorer for them so far, he's 21, prices are generally higher in January- lots of reasons.

Of course he could get injured or suffer a dramatic loss of form. It's unlikely he's value will drop though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Let's focus on Vydra then. Can't be waiting until January we need the extra firepower now.

I take a very different view. If Boca and Calleri are interested in selling/coming to us in Dec/Jan, that's good enough for me. If the club have identified him as the striker they want, then great. As good as Vydra is, we'd only be looking after Watford's player. I'd rather Hughton trusted our own players. And, as others have said, if he doesn't, a Ulloa loan until January would be preferable.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here