Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde's Open Letter on the Club Website

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A truly emotional letter which I think is genuinely from the heart good luck to him in the remainder of his playing career, wherever it may be, and no doubt as he says he will be back in some capacity in the future.

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
What a wonderfully emotional humble farewell. Light hearted in parts, genuine tear evoking in others

THAT is how real men & dedicated Club men say goodbye. No foot stamping or complaining. Just acceptance & a passionate look back on the marvellous moments we were blessed to share

With salty cheeks I hurt inside. More upset to deal with on top of the other hurts we've been faced with lately. Yet I smile hopefully reading of his wife's insistence to stay in the Brighton area & how he feels it's not his final goodbye yet. Maybe just maybe?

There aren't enough words of thanks Calde. You leave a big gap to fill. Adios special man. I wish you another Club soon who will love you for what you give but here is where we hold your heart. We'll keep it safe till the time is right ��

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
God I love that man.

I honestly wish for nothing but the best for him - that if he plays elsewhere the club and fans realise and appreciate that they aren't just getting a skilled and committed player, but an example of what a professional footballer should be. He's left a BIG hole in not just the squad, but the club as well in all aspects.

Paul, Tony: if you're reading this then please move Heaven and Earth to ensure he has a place within this club for years to come. We can accept losing him so he can play for a bit longer but to lose him from the club entirely would be a travesty. I can't think of an Albion player past or present so beloved and respected by all.

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
That's me in the middle in La Manga on the pre season tour in the article. So down to earth and friendly. Will be missed.....

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
That letter has genuinely upset me, had a little bit of a cry after reading that, I'm not ashamed to admit. I just assumed he would always be there, and now he's not..... It's just not right. Love you Calde, come home soon please xxx

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A season or two of regular first team football somewhere before he returns once his playing days are done. Great for everyone. Every confidence he'll be back. Utter, utter legend.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully he'll get a deal at Crawley, or if not, somewhere where he can 'work from home' one training day a week to cut down on his travel.
And I reckon Jones has already sounded Inigo out about joining Luton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"Thanks first to my family, without them all this would not have been possible. It’s going to be difficult to explain to my four-year-old son that Daddy is not playing for Brighton & Hove Albion any more, his first English word was Seagulls, fact! My seven-month-old daughter was born in Brighton, we were sure about this decision.

My wife is now checking all the clubs around Brighton, she wants to live here, we love it: it’s not England, it’s just Brighton."

There is a part of the Calde family that will be forever Brighton. They've obviously fallen head over heels in love with us and our town. The feeling's mutual.

Inigo Calderon
Spirit Of The Albion

:bowdown:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It’s going to be difficult to explain to my four-year-old son that Daddy is not playing for Brighton & Hove Albion any more, his first English word was Seagulls, fact!

Brings a great insight to a great man and how it looks from the other side of a passionate footballer who is then released at 35.

Brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat. A true gent.

Tony/Paul/Chris have to be really committed to the club to make such big decisions as this and GG etc..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The guy bleeds blue and white.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Absolute gent, he just gains more and more respect every day!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
top guy
come back soon Calde

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here