Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood to Villa

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kodjia played c60 minutes mid-week, and I think Ayew is available. McCormack is suspended. The claim is Elbows is unavailable.

I think the claim about Elbows not being available has been superseded by a new claim from Bruce that he might be available now.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
"Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
I thought things were going too smoothly...

Got to feel for CH being shat on by his mate just before the game"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they were actually "mates", CH needs to take more care in his choice of mates!

Let's get back the man we love, who loves us, and who we know we can trust.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I guess Calderwood has done a decent enough job. Will his absence have some awful effect in terms of the team's performance, absolutely not! However, there is one thing that concerns me, and is of greater importance. Perhaps someone can help....what's in tonight's pies? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the club replaced him with Carlton Cole they wouldn't need to buy a new coat.

#thinkofthepennies.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is Calderón coming back as assistant a realistic possibility or are people just hopeful? I can't decide whether it's a good or barking idea.

I'm assuming that Trollope is absolutely nailed on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is Calderón coming back as assistant a realistic possibility or are people just hopeful? I can't decide whether it's a good or barking idea.

I'm assuming that Trollope is absolutely nailed on.

I think you're right. I'm sure Calde will come back in some capacity, in the future, probably with AITC or as a coach, but he has a contract as a player. He still wants to play football whilst he's capable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I guess Calderwood has done a decent enough job. Will his absence have some awful effect in terms of the team's performance, absolutely not! However, there is one thing that concerns me, and is of greater importance. Perhaps someone can help....what's in tonight's pies? ???

Piglets Pantry’s Lamb with Guinness Gravy and the Spinach, Mushroom & Ricotta pie are our guest items for this game.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Hope this doesn't destabilise us.

Don't rate Calderwood as a manager - his Hibs sides were honking - but Hughton clearly values having him around as his trusted lieutenant

He (Calderwood) seems to be a natural "number two" supporting a better manager, a bit like the Portuguese guy (Queiroz?) was to Ferguson at Man United. Trust the team remind him what he's leaving tonight!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Calde back as no 2 sounds good but does he have the experience to do the job and how does he sit with CH.

Never played at a high level and does he have qualifications? Being enthusiastic and a cult hero doesn't cut it and and if he's not any good, how many hearts would be broken of those who feel manlove towards him? :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never played at a high level and does he have qualifications? Being enthusiastic and a cult hero doesn't cut it and and if he's not any good, how many hearts would be broken of those who feel manlove towards him? :smile:

Agreed, Paul Trollope seems to fit the bill unless CH has somebody up his sleeve unknown to us. The worry is what the immediate effect will be this evening. Will this deflate us and lift Villa?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I just hope this hasn't upset the build up for the match, always the same, we look in a strong position and then something happens.

If you're looking for outside influences that will affect the match, I'd say the emotional return of Knockaert will actually have more of a bearing on the result than Calderwood's departure. And if you want to simply exclude everything except the default abilities of all the players on show, I think the league table says it all - we'll batter them. Three nil to the good guys.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed, Paul Trollope seems to fit the bill unless CH has somebody up his sleeve unknown to us. The worry is what the immediate effect will be this evening. Will this deflate us and lift Villa?

Nah, everyone will be far more concentrated on making sure Knocky is afforded a big welcome and the team will be well motivated to catch Newcastle's points total. We are on a roll and an unsettled assistant mamagwr will not derail us...imo

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He has a masters degree in Sports Psychology, I expect that had a putting out the cones module.

I reckon he'd be a tough task master.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here