Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderwood to Villa

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I honestly can't believe that some people are accepting this as par for the course, that it was entirely coincidental being announced our Assistant Manager happened to toddle off to our opposition the day before we played them.

Not only was the timing of the leak very much intended, but I also believe CC was pursued for the very reason Villa perceive us as their greatest threat to an automatic, and any attempt to unsettle us would be welcomed. Let's be honest, the Assistant Manager role is not that impacting and they could have easily gone for quite a few other candidates, but they chose CH's right hand man and have undoubtedly thrown their financial clout at him. Before you know it, our players are thinking to themselves if management **** off to a 'bigger' club for more money, then why the **** shouldn't I, and the harmony is gone.

They did a job on us mentally. If you saw TB with bruce before the game, and CH with him after the game then you'd know that both our manager and owner are not happy people right now, and that quite obviosly trickled down to our players who looked devoid of confidence from minute 1. Within 10 mins of the game starting, we had already handed over possession in midfield half a dozen times and AK had tackled himself on the right wing more than once. It was plainly obvious where the game was going and i'm very thankful for a point under the circumstances.

You have to hand it to bruce, I thought the man was a **** before but he's an effective ****. Check out his sky interview where he says "and we just happened to be playing them ho ho", you wouldn't believe how disingenuous it is. He wants his promotion bonus and he doesn't give a shit who he has to piss off to get it. Sometimes I wish CH wasn't so graceful, but then I realise that's why he's great.

I just hope we can move past this and regroup before Fulham, as they will be no pushover.

Your post is an absolutely brilliant post but if the Chairman, the manager or the players dwell on it as long as it took you to write it then it will affect us mentally. We need to move on.

I jokingly said last night, ''I'm here to apply for the Assistant Managers Job'' (didn't even get an interview ! ) - it broke the ice and we laughed and then moved on and that's what needs to be done by everyone. Chris will find a replacement in due course and then we continue chasing the points we need to get promoted. The incident is needs to be over if we want to get back to business

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm not the least disturbed that Calderwood has gone. I'm not happy that he appears to have upset CH, but in fact it's rather like a marriage. If you or your Mrs have an affair, aren't you better off without them?
Sadly for us diehards ....Club Officials, staff and players are in the main only on lease. I've supported BHA for a lifetime, nothing other than the Grim Reaper will remove that, because I've got a freehold agreement.....it's for life.
Although I have amazingly discovered there is a (gladly rare) species of human, that hops from one club to the other. Mostly ending up at the last club to win the Premier League. Or even sadder (there's one I know of) that despite being English, supports and wears a Barcelona (Messi) shirt, as do his poor kids.how needy is that? :rolleyes:
Anyway, in a nutshell feck of to Brum you're not wanted here. My God why would anyone even choose to live there against Sussex? :albion2:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Your post is an absolutely brilliant post but if the Chairman, the manager or the players dwell on it as long as it took you to write it then it will affect us mentally. We need to move on.

I jokingly said last night, ''I'm here to apply for the Assistant Managers Job'' (didn't even get an interview ! ) - it broke the ice and we laughed and then moved on and that's what needs to be done by everyone. Chris will find a replacement in due course and then we continue chasing the points we need to get promoted. The incident is needs to be over if we want to get back to business

You didnt get an interview because I have applied for the job:)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I had a brief period in an old job where I had to help interview a few lower league managers. Asked them about the difficulties of getting players in on loan from Money League clubs. Some of them, without prompting, said Bruce was the most unhelpful manager they knew. Ronnie Moore was so annoyed that Bruce didn't answer the phone. He definitely wouldn't urinate on him if he was burning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jeeeezus...we are doomed. Ryman League here we come! :lolol:
There's an awful lot of shite players now rubbing their hands at the prospect of an unexpected final contract.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really not comfortable with Paul Trollope if he gets appointed. Have to trust Hughton i guess. Trollope was awful at Cardiff.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really not comfortable with Paul Trollope if he gets appointed. Have to trust Hughton i guess. Trollope was awful at Cardiff.

I believe Calderwood was a bit shit as a manager and didn't even make It to manage in the Championship, choosing to go to Scotland ffs :smile:

I wouldn't read too much into an assistant managers performance as a manager, they wouldn't be assistants if they were any good at managing, unless they are just starting out. Calderwood and Trollope are old timers.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I honestly can't believe that some people are accepting this as par for the course, that it was entirely coincidental being announced our Assistant Manager happened to toddle off to our opposition the day before we played them.

Not only was the timing of the leak very much intended, but I also believe CC was pursued for the very reason Villa perceive us as their greatest threat to an automatic, and any attempt to unsettle us would be welcomed. Let's be honest, the Assistant Manager role is not that impacting and they could have easily gone for quite a few other candidates, but they chose CH's right hand man and have undoubtedly thrown their financial clout at him. Before you know it, our players are thinking to themselves if management **** off to a 'bigger' club for more money, then why the **** shouldn't I, and the harmony is gone.

They did a job on us mentally. If you saw TB with bruce before the game, and CH with him after the game then you'd know that both our manager and owner are not happy people right now, and that quite obviosly trickled down to our players who looked devoid of confidence from minute 1. Within 10 mins of the game starting, we had already handed over possession in midfield half a dozen times and AK had tackled himself on the right wing more than once. It was plainly obvious where the game was going and i'm very thankful for a point under the circumstances.

You have to hand it to bruce, I thought the man was a **** before but he's an effective ****. Check out his sky interview where he says "and we just happened to be playing them ho ho", you wouldn't believe how disingenuous it is. He wants his promotion bonus and he doesn't give a shit who he has to piss off to get it. Sometimes I wish CH wasn't so graceful, but then I realise that's why he's great.

I just hope we can move past this and regroup before Fulham, as they will be no pushover.

**** bruce ...and **** calderwood too ....they deserve eachother......**** villa as well........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whitehawk's manager Richard Hill, has left to go to Villa, as backroom staff. Does Villa have a thing about Brighton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here