Calde Red Card

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What does NSC think - fair or poor decision ?

Personally (although I would like to see it again) I think the issue was intent and it was there so was probably the right decision.

Oh and Ernest, next time I go through the turnstiles and my bag is searched do not say to the steward there is lube and gay videos in it :angry::angry::angry::angry:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Definate red. Two feet and high. Racon made a huge deal of it because there was very little contact but it was a red. Sadly.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
My initial thought was he was lucky to get the ball, or he'd be off. Then I was furious with the decision- as it seemed that Racon decided to fall over a couple of seconds after the challenge and roll around, the ref (seemingly about 5 seconds after the tackle) then decided to send him off.

It wasn't the actual challenge I was annoyed with per se, more the dive and huge delay in the ref making his mind up.

But then again, I may have perceived it wrong, need to see it again.. But I thought he got the ball and it was a good challenge!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very very poor decision. IMO whatever Charlton played that was he flew in with both feet but because he went down and Calde didn't the Spaniard got sent off. The ref tonight was a f***ing joke!

Watch the replays. He jumped in with both feet. Irrespective of whether he got the ball or not he had to go. 20 years ago he would have got away with it but now that is a straight red.

Sep 1, 2010
"Oh and Ernest, next time I go through the turnstiles and my bag is searched do not say to the steward there is lube and gay videos in it" :laugh: :laugh:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I thought he hopped over the player, yes with both legs together but entirely meaning to clear him and comfortably doing so. Didn't even think it was a foul or dangerous, but entirely read to be shot down when a replay is out..

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
What does NSC think - fair or poor decision ?

Personally (although I would like to see it again) I think the issue was intent and it was there so was probably the right decision.

Oh and Ernest, next time I go through the turnstiles and my bag is searched do not say to the steward there is lube and gay videos in it :angry::angry::angry::angry:

surely not video's? maybe dvds?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
definite red, almost sparked a riot between a decent bloke and a knobend in block B, Calde was lucky to get the ball and I thought at first he had gotten away with it. However, he lunged in with two feet and you can't do that, definite red.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yep, thought it was a red the moment he jumped it. Strange thing to do for Calde though.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thought bridcutts two footed challenge first half was worse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports