[Albion] Caicedo - world class

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The term "world class" often gets thrown about when people actually just mean "very good" .

But I think Caicedo genuinely could be one of the best players in the world in a couple of years

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He’s astonishingly good, he seems to get better every week when it doesn’t seem possible.

I genuinely believe it’s not hyperbole to say he’s the best central midfielder in the world at the moment. According to all, the Premier League is the best league in the world and week in, week out, he’s the best player on the pitch no matter who the opposition is.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Feels irreplaceable. Our form and consistency immediately picked up when he started playing and the results since have been outrageous. As others have said, Biss was as good defensively (it's easy to forget but game after game we saying he was the best player on the pitch) but his intelligence and passing is way ahead of anything Biss had. He's essentially a cross between Pirlo and Kante and has the potential to be better than both (two players that will go down as greats in the game). His ceiling is almost limitless.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Strong chance he becomes the best player to ever turn out for us, enjoy him while you can

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Caicedo has shown more than Bissouma did with us, and at a younger age, I think his attitude is probably key to that. Bissouma has similar potential, I just don't have the same confidence he will fulfill it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The usual scenario with midfielders is to notice when they do make a good tackle or a great pass, but with Caisedo good has become the norm and its the opposite. Yesterday he missed a tackle in the second half I was stunned, it stood out because of the level he has set.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Waiting for some goals. Did Lloris save his shot?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Bumping this after yesterdays game, absolutely pocketed Enzo, bullied him and made him look like a little boy.

I’ve run out of superlatives for him, he’s simply the best player I’ve ever seen in a Brighton shirt and I’m convinced he will end up at Real Madrid or another true elite club.

Savour him while we have him. :bowdown:

I’ve been thinking for a while that he ends up at PSG.

- They’re one of the few clubs who can afford him
- Him not being at a Prem rival is a bonus for us.
- He deserves to be at a club who are aiming to win the Champions League
- Their midfield is shit.

For a team of their undoubted quality their midfield options are distinctively average. Apart from an ageing Veratti they’ve got Carlos Soler, Fabian Ruiz, Renato Sanches & Vitinha. Caicedo would be their best midfielder by an absolute landslide.

Losing him would hurt, but at least not strengthening another Premier League would be nice.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
He's insanely good. Whoever ends up with him will win things.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
43CD7C90-BDF1-406D-8794-E03806DB6305.jpeg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Great post and true.

Still Considering the Lawrenson v Caicedo but I think Caicedo shades it just.
Lawrenson wasn't even remotely close to Caicedo when in his pomp at Liverpool, let alone when he was at Brighton.*

*I say this, having never seen Lawro play at Brighton, but saw no end of him at Liverpool and, as good as he was, he wasn't even their best CB. I suspect Moises will have a better career than Hansen too.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I can recall several similar threads proclaiming Bissouma as being "the best player ever in the history of BHA" when he was here. I tend to find myself drawing back from this type of through-the-roof hyperbole, but Caicedo is an absolutely sensational talent. It's a pleasure and a privilege to watch him in what is (indisputably) the best team we have ever seen.
Agreed. If we see a better player than Caicedo, we're in for a treat.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lawrenson wasn't even remotely close to Caicedo when in his pomp at Liverpool, let alone when he was at Brighton.*

*I say this, having never seen Lawro play at Brighton, but saw no end of him at Liverpool and, as good as he was, he wasn't even their best CB. I suspect Moises will have a better career than Hansen too.
He’s an absolute beast…..and he’s 21. Destined for the very, very top. He was incredible yesterday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Lawrenson was majestic for Brighton, and if you haven’t seen him, you’ve missed out. The goal against Wolves in the FA Cup was one of the best ever for Brighton….
Think Vicente vs Derby but 20 yards further, probably 3 more players and a finish.

It is really close IMO, regardless of what he achieved at Liverpool or what Caicedo goes on to achieve, as the criteria is in a Brighton shirt.

And Caicedo is world class….

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s astonishingly good, he seems to get better every week when it doesn’t seem possible.

I genuinely believe it’s not hyperbole to say he’s the best central midfielder in the world at the moment. According to all, the Premier League is the best league in the world and week in, week out, he’s the best player on the pitch no matter who the opposition is.

A slight adjustment to that, I think he’s the best in the world in a couple of positions, ‘4’ or ‘6’, take your pick.

Better now than media favourites Rodri, Partey, Kante for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports