Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Caicedo - world class

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'm desperately hoping we get another season. As above, no obvious replacement even close to his level.

But it will only be one more season at best. And maybe only until Jan 2024.
And I'll cry when he leaves.

When he goes...

I think he SHOULD go to Arsenal. He'd fit their system, play evey game, improve them significantly, be appreciated by Arteta and help them win things.
I think he'd LIKE to go to Manchester United. (❤️)
I think he WILL go to Citeh/PSG (£££)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I could stomach losing Alexis, as I’m sure we could replace him with a like-minded player (albeit not as good currently).

But where do the club go from here with Caicedo? Is it a case where we’re forced to enter the market, or is he doing another year with us?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm desperately hoping we get another season. As above, no obvious replacement even close to his level.

But it will only be one more season at best. And maybe only until Jan 2024.
And I'll cry when he leaves.

When he goes...

I think he SHOULD go to Arsenal. He'd fit their system, play evey game, improve them significantly, be appreciated by Arteta and help them win things.
I think he'd LIKE to go to Manchester United. (❤️)
I think he WILL go to Citeh/PSG (£££)
This time last season Moises Caicedo was only on the bench after an underwhelming stint in an awful Belgian team and wouldn't get his first start until game week 33. I'd wager many, including myself weren't certain he would bet to Bissouma's level, let alone exceed it do far.

Given a summer move, we'll have Ayari, Moran, Kozlowski, Moder in the frame in midfield which could look very exciting.

On your second point, I agree entirely

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Someone on twitter put together a bit of a montage/highlight reel

:love:

I think Moises is pretty much close to being the best player I have watched at the Albion. I would be devastated if he left this summer, that said I do not think he will. Caceido is a midfield machine, who could walk into any elite level team and make them better. An utterly outrageous talent.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Does anyone watch him sometimes in absolute awe? He’s just atonishingly good, even when he seems like he’s beaten he seemingly have telescopic legs to get in there and win the ball back.

His last two performances on the back of two games down under, training one day after a 24 hour flight back just proves what a world class player he is, absolutely outstanding.

Is there an argument he’s already our best ever player?
What is your definition of world class?

Back in the day it was the person getting in the top four teams in the world in their postion. (therefore Alexis is already world class)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we do have to lose one of Moises and Mac - and I think we probably do - I think I'd reluctantly choose Mac. Not so much on footballing grounds, but Mac is about three years older than Moises. Moises can better afford to give us one more season before moving on to his ten years at £5M+ a year life at a bigger paying club. I know, I know - football doesn't work like that!
Europe might make them slightly more likely to stay, but sadly I think it's a fact of life that one of them will be sold.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I fail to understand why he isn’t included in the nominees for the PL team of the season……as I am to why Lewis Dunk isn’t included either…
Midfield slots always go to attacking midfielders. If anyone actually fielded the teams of the season they would get ripped apart on the counter with nobody to break up play.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Back in the day it was the person getting in the top four teams in the world in their postion. (therefore Alexis is already world class)
Don’t think it matters what team Moises plays for, I base world class on what we see every week.. we’ve seen him pocket ‘world class’ opposition midfielders all season, Rice, Fernandez, Bruno the list is really endless..all players who are apparently worth 100m+

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

That's as good a definition as any.

Mitoma, Mac Allister and Caicedo are all unquestionably world class because there aren't three players in the world better than any of them in their positions.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011

Getting the Arsenal fans excited again... *sigh*
Goodness his mastery of English has really come on a notch. Unless... No... It couldn't be. Could it? Has the "journalist" just fed the poor lad a bunch of yes/no questions in Spanish and then written what they planned to write all along?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
If we do have to lose one of Moises and Mac - and I think we probably do - I think I'd reluctantly choose Mac. Not so much on footballing grounds, but Mac is about three years older than Moises. Moises can better afford to give us one more season before moving on to his ten years at £5M+ a year life at a bigger paying club. I know, I know - football doesn't work like that!
Europe might make them slightly more likely to stay, but sadly I think it's a fact of life that one of them will be sold.
We won't have that choice. Don't want to admit it, but I think both will go.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I fail to understand why he isn’t included in the nominees for the PL team of the season……as I am to why Lewis Dunk isn’t included either…

Utterly mystifying

Midfield slots always go to attacking midfielders. If anyone actually fielded the teams of the season they would get ripped apart on the counter with nobody to break up play.
I thought the PFA award was the one everyone cared about? I wasn't even aware of the EA Sports-affiliated one until a few days ago.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
He's immense! Every top team knows it. Much that I love him, I think Caciedo will be the third most expensive player ever sold this summer.. with add ons.. 150 million+.. his age is a major factor too..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here