Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Caicedo - world class

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Does anyone watch him sometimes in absolute awe? He’s just atonishingly good, even when he seems like he’s beaten he seemingly have telescopic legs to get in there and win the ball back.

His last two performances on the back of two games down under, training one day after a 24 hour flight back just proves what a world class player he is, absolutely outstanding.

Is there an argument he’s already our best ever player?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes. Incredible.

Which reminds me, was there a discussion or a thread about that sliding challenge he put in on Toney on Saturday, in the south west corner of the pitch. He just slid and slid, got the ball and wiped out Toney who was left with a "what the hell just happened there?" expression on his face when he picked himself up.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
There were a couple of challenges that really stood out to me last night, they were breaking down the right mid way through the second half and Estupinan was struggling to get back after being caught forward Caicedo came thundering over into the left back position muscled the guy off the ball and I think we ended up with a goal kick, the guy just has relentless energy and ability.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Does anyone watch him sometimes in absolute awe? He’s just atonishingly good, even when he seems like he’s beaten he seemingly have telescopic legs to get in there and win the ball back.

His last two performances on the back of two games down under, training one day after a 24 hour flight back just proves what a world class player he is, absolutely outstanding.

Yes. I think he is our best ever player.

He'll go further than anyone else in this squad or from previous squads.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes. Incredible.

Which reminds me, was there a discussion or a thread about that sliding challenge he put in on Toney on Saturday, in the south west corner of the pitch. He just slid and slid, got the ball and wiped out Toney who was left with a "what the hell just happened there?" expression on his face when he picked himself up.
You forgot about the pleading to the referee for a foul bit.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Incredible last night, was kicked from place to place all night but was superb, absolutely world class.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Be very interesting to see him against Kante. He's already clearly in the top 3-5 DMs in the World. Outrageous ability, work rate, physicality. Also pulls of some utterly insane passes. Loved the chip for Ayari's almost overhead last weekend.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Quality case of fan's curse last night as Jnr Bobkin was saying how brilliant he is – and then he promptly gave the ball away 10 seconds later! But yes, he is an outstanding footballer and his ability to take balls off the opposition so clinically without conceding a foul is staggering.

I said after his first couple of games that he was going to be better than Bissouma – just didn't realise it was going to happen so quickly :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And that's why last night when the stretcher was pushed onto the pitch when he was down injured, my immediate thought was our season's finished given that he is such a talented player and makes us far better when he is playing.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

For me Moises is elite, genuine world class. Glad it's not just me that thinks it. The best DM in the Premier League by a mile. Even though I think he'll stay next season with Europa League how sweet would it be for his first taste of CL football to be with the Albion.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is he still at risk of a two match suspension for crossing the ten yellow cards threshold, or is there a cut off point?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Be very interesting to see him against Kante. He's already clearly in the top 3-5 DMs in the World. Outrageous ability, work rate, physicality. Also pulls of some utterly insane passes. Loved the chip for Ayari's almost overhead last weekend.
I am amazed at his ability to stay fit after the knocks and kicks he gets.
Incredible talent but, sadly, I think he will go in the summer.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Our best ever I think. And I’ve watched Lawrenson et al
When he went off last night we changed tactics from those near suicide balls into him from Steele, where he sidefoots it off to start another attack. He is just so so important to our style.
Hopefully Ayari can learn quick. He looked good

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His stretched leg tackling reminds me of Forest’s Viv Anderson, coming away with balls he has no right to win

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Occasionally I spend a few minutes here and there just watching Caicedo, on and off the ball.

It seems to me that whenever he wants the ball, he gets the ball. And then when he's decided where the ball is going next, that's exactly where it goes. Nothing ever seems to interfere with his personal plan.

On top of that, he always seems available for a pass, even if there are three opposition players towering over him.

It's an incredible thing to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here