Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] [Caicedo] cleared out his locker at Brighton five days ago and has not been back at the club since

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fine with that. Not fine with a player under contract not going to training with our club etc if that is what happened. Footballers eh…
Do we know that's what's happened? A big 'if'....

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Caicedo + Agent + Family have been poison for some time now.
Its been a one way ticket out of BHA. Absolutely no respect for the club that brought him in, nurtured him and opened the eyes of the greedy ones to his potential and ability. Disgraceful and gutless behaviour. No class. No respect. A young shy, naive, immature lad....not very bright but easily influenced. An easy prey for the sharks out there. His family and agent smell blood. One full season in the PL and thats it....thats yer lot....I'm off to the club of my dreams.....Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Bayern.....take yer pick as long as its not little old inconsequential Brighton.
I get the feeling on this thread that a lot are sick and tired of this circus. The constant ramping up of stories. The links. The reliable sources. ' We are led to believe ' etc
If this is what the PL is going to be like for the next 2-3 seasons, whilst the vultures circle around...Ferguson, Mitoma, Enciso, Buonanotte and more.....then I don't want any of it. Our life span in the top flight will eventually be curtailed by this constant sniping and poaching. RDZ will be next on the agenda. Another half decent season and all the links will start. Victims of being a well run club that can't compete with the elite.
We know the Championship beckons for all us outside the ' protected ones ' Those that have been allowed to garner such global backing that they are now impregnable and assured of their place at the top table forever. The rest of us are in a mini league with a very narrow margin of keeping out of trouble or struggling.
Caicedo has to go and go now. He is a bad apple. Poisonous. Cash in, get rid. Move on to the next bunch of rumours. The big boys see us as a threat and will do all they can to weaken us by poaching our best. We are in a vicious circle cos we are being forced to do just that. Continually sell to the Greedy Six. Including Mr Spoilt Brat ( if he goes to the Redshite ) we will have sold at least two of our better players to Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Strengthening them. Weakening us.
Oh well....as the beard stroking genius used to remark....." it is what it is "
Find a copy of the Times on Monday and read the long article by journo who went to Santo Domingo and Quito interviewing some of the influences on him. MC had just left the country having visited where he used to live, and speaking in English to schoolkids. He doesn't forget his roots, and his Mum wont let him. The 20% share of the fee will go towards building academy and training facilities. It puts a different perspective on things. I agree that the hangers on have had there day, but there is a lot more to the man than 'not very bright and easily influenced'.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He'll be on Cucurella's

Are you mad?

RDZ would put in his team sheet and between then and kick-off Chelsea would nick three of our players.
You make the assumption that Bloom & Barber would have sold.

My point is that windows should shut when seasons start. Simple.

Tiger Barb

Jan 31, 2009
Finland (where else?)
Given the whole circus that has taken place around this transfer, with accusations that we lock our players up, we have just debunked that myth. Once again showing that we can be trusted to build a players career.
This should therefore reassure players who think they need a release clause to rethink … if they had a release clause of £50m and were sold for there or thereabouts the wages would have corresponded. With the strength of our negotiating team realising great prices, this should follow with greater bargaining power for the players wages.
If this is a near record sale, I wonder if the terms that had been agreed weeks ago would have reflected a fee of that status?
Obviously gutted that he is leaving but clearly his heart isn’t it anymore, but hope that one positive from this is that we have shown we can be trusted and with patience if you are that good, you will reap the reward. (And so will we 😉)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here