Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Caicedo and MacAllister, How Well Have They Done Since They Left Us?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Macalister ready to move on the other lad needed another a year or two. He lost the ball in the middle of park a lot for us it just went unnoticed to the masses who thought he was wonderful.
We used to have balance and talent in the midfield. Almost oversubscribed. Potter since the January of his last full season had Bissouma (genuine CDM), Caicedo and Mwepu (box to box), Gross (creative “10”) and Mac (able to do bits of all of those roles).

Caicedo was then used as a pivot by RDZ in a smaller midfield with Biss & Mwepu gone. But with Mac they were still class.

Give me that every day over a kid like Baleba and the lightweight Gilmour.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We used to have balance and talent in the midfield. Almost oversubscribed. Potter since the January of his last full season had Bissouma (genuine CDM), Caicedo and Mwepu (box to box), Gross (creative “10”) and Mac (able to do bits of all of those roles).

Caicedo was then used as a pivot by RDZ in a smaller midfield with Biss & Mwepu gone. But with Mac they were still class.

Give me that every day over a kid like Baleba and the lightweight Gilmour.
People thought we played well at the weekend we didn’t the amount of times Liverpool broke the midfield was a horrible watch.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I feel sorry for Caicedo. It was a crazy, crazy decision. He could be playing alongside Mac.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I feel sorry for Caicedo. It was a crazy, crazy decision. He could be playing alongside Mac.

Very young and naive. The two shyster agents from Madrid were/are allowed by FIFA rules to receive any sums they demanded from Chelsea. The deal was done surreptitiously in Feb 23. Caicedo was by a country mile their main asset and they struck when his stock was high.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Or he could have stayed here, performed in Europe and be on the radar of every major European club

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm completely aware of what happened at the World Cup. Messi ran the show and Ali Mac (let's not adopt Liverpool's crap McCartney nickname for him) and Fernandez were excellent at doing what Messi told them to do.
Nah. Ali Mac RAN the game for an hour. He outshone Messi in that time and along with Martinez in goal, was the best player on the pitch.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very young and naive. The two shyster agents from Madrid were/are allowed by FIFA rules to receive any sums they demanded from Chelsea. The deal was done surreptitiously in Feb 23. Caicedo was by a country mile their main asset and they struck when his stock was high.
Apart from improving his football career, I would have loved it - absolutely Kevin Keegan style loved it - if he'd suddenly changed his mind and signed for Liverpool and the agents had to give the money back to Chelsea (even though I'd still begrudge Chelsea getting it)!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nah. Ali Mac RAN the game for an hour. He outshine Messi in that time and along with Martinez in goal, was the best player on the pitch.

Is there an Argentine who posts here occasionally, with detailed knowledge of their international team?

His view would be interesting.

To me Messi at long last in a WC had a great centre-midfielder with him doing the ‘heavy lifting’. With the defensive skill of Mascherano plus creativity.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nah. Ali Mac RAN the game for an hour. He outshine Messi in that time and along with Martinez in goal, was the best player on the pitch.
Messi was made MotM in the final having played the whole 120+ minutes scored twice, been involved in the other goal and convertied in the shoot out.

However the Liverpool fan I was referencing wasn't talking about the final, he was talking about the tournament. Messi was also given the golden ball for player of the tournament. Don't get me wrong, Ali Mac did brilliantly, making a few team of the tournament selections along with Fernandez who was made young player of the tournament. Messi, however was in every selection: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_awards. You couldn't leave him out. In football terms, the tournament will be remembered as Messi's World Cup and I'll tell you somebody with far more expertise than me who thinks that, Alexis Mac Allister:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I just can't watch Mac in another PL club's strip, too painful. The sooner he wins the league with Liverpool and as a result gets his dream move to Real or Barca the better.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I just can't watch Mac in another PL club's strip, too painful. The sooner he wins the league with Liverpool and as a result gets his dream move to Real or Barca the better.
Would a move to Barcelona or Real really be much of a step up. Barca certainly can't afford him, Real probably can't - and Liverpool would probably beat them both over two legs anyway. And he ain't playing for peanuts at Liverpool, you could bet your house on that!

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Would a move to Barcelona or Real really be much of a step up. Barca certainly can't afford him, Real probably can't - and Liverpool would probably beat them both over two legs anyway. And he ain't playing for peanuts at Liverpool, you could bet your house on that!
Agree re the affordability, but after a few years of Liverpool, I'd bite your arm off to live in Barcelona or Madrid.

Barcelona and Madrid are bigger clubs than Liverpool (despite the financial issues) and even more so for an Argentinian. They'll both be even bigger after Klopp leaves, and John Henry / FSG needs some more cash for the Red Sox and stops spending.

In the context of Mac, I think both are clearly a step up.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Real Madrid probably can’t afford Macalister🤣
They will sign Mbappe in the summer and pay him an absolute fortune.
My lad has just come back from a small tour of some costal Spanish regions and said the amount of Real Bellingham shirts on display was incredible. You don’t turn down Real Madrid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here