Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Café apologises after Ramadan joke.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
After reading your comments on other threads of this nature, I'm not even going to bother getting drawn into this kind of conversation.

But yeah, look it up on Twitter. Supposedly this is offensive because it portrays all Muslims as: "stupid/barbaric/inhuman".

But that doesn't answer the question of whether Muslims found it offensive

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Awful joke but any chance anyone gets to offend Muslims I'm all for, can't effing stand them.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Muslims in taking offence over nothing shocker.

Crap joke nonetheless.
Does it, anywhere in the post, say that it was Muslims that complained or commented?

In many cases, these non-stories are caused by some random busybody kicking off rather than anyone from the 'offended' party.

I have repeated the joke to two Muslim friends who found it to be deeply deeply unfunny, because it's awful. That's it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Does it, anywhere in the post, say that it was Muslims that complained or commented?

In many cases, these non-stories are caused by some random busybody kicking off rather than anyone from the 'offended' party.

I have repeated the joke to two Muslim friends who found it to be deeply deeply unfunny, because it's awful. That's it.

It's usually the liberal white self loathers that get their knickers in a twist over this sort of thing.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
10565112_862411620453225_4239828329888907385_n.jpg...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What, the fact that Muslims were saying that they found it offensive? Nice one.

**** this thread, too many lefty tosspots, I'm out.

Fair enough. There's a difference between "People on twitter said it was offensive" and "muslims on twitter said they were offended" though

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It's a reasonable enough pun/joke but something that you tell to a mate not write on a board where people can get offended.

Why are we not allowed to offend people ? It's a part of freedom of speech, I may be offended but I defend your right to say it etc. Otherwise we won't be able to say anything about anything or anyone.
To offend is a right.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's usually the liberal white self loathers that get their knickers in a twist over this sort of thing.
Are you grouping all left leaners together there?

I'm merrily liberal and ultimately couldn't give a flying about the joke. I don't see it as offensive to anyone, again, much the like the Muslims I know who've heard or seen it.

I think it just bugs me that this'll turn into yet another Muslim bashing thread when, in all likelihood, very few have had anything to do with it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Why are we not allowed to offend people ? It's a part of freedom of speech, I may be offended but I defend your right to say it etc. Otherwise we won't be able to say anything about anything or anyone.
To offend is a right.

The thing is though, how many examples of muslims being 'offended' are there?
When you look into the cases quoted by far right nitwits, its usually a load of bollocks...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Are you grouping all left leaners together there?

I'm merrily liberal and ultimately couldn't give a flying about the joke. I don't see it as offensive to anyone, again, much the like the Muslims I know who've heard or seen it.

I think it just bugs me that this'll turn into yet another Muslim bashing thread when, in all likelihood, very few have had anything to do with it.

Is a left leaner the same as a liberal white self loather?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's Ramadan, not Ramadam and the Thames Barrier isn't even a dam. Still, I think the Nordic Coffee Collective should go with it now, maybe rename some of their drinks, i.e. Osama Bin Latte or a Khalid Strawberry Sheikh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here