Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cack ex-pro pundits STEALING for living

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
pelantyGraphic1.jpg

Chrissy Waddle is good (pelanty pronunciation aside) but he wont want to do too much tv stuff. You can't tell how hungover he looks on the radio.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Chrissy Waddle is good (pelanty pronunciation aside) but he wont want to do too much tv stuff. You can't tell how hungover he looks on the radio.

Can we take a moment to admire just how shit that football is for a second please?

It looks like Barclays went back to my playground in 1994 to get that one!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Michael Owen steals it for me. He has absolutely everything:

A whiney voice
Absolutely no idea
A willingness to give an account of every aspect of a match, using interpretive verbal diarrhoea

:shit::shootself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Robbie Savage lives quite close to me and I've had the odd chat. He's a good guy and just plays the pantomime villain.

When you get him on the subject of Alan Green he nearly spontaneously explodes. Called him a "bitter, money obsessed ****"

For me, Green is is a different league of class as a commentator and pundit. He was the first commentator I ever heard who called it like it is, describing some games as dull and boring. He is supposedly a Liverpool fan, but he has never given any hint of bias as far as I can see. He upset fergie years ago because he said something critical about the dirty reds, but so what? He was also the first commentator to properly tap into the excitement of games (before Jonathan Pearce did all that shouty nonsense on Sky). OK, so he looks like Mr Potatohead, and is probably a grumpy sod in real life, but that doesn't interest me.

On the other hand, although Sav is quite entertaining, and does charity work etc, he is far from the sharpest tool in the box (remember when he turned up in SA with nothing to wear apart from shorts and sandels, not realising that southern hemisphere countries enjoy a spot of winter in June?). My guess is he wouldn't know the difference between bitterness and sardonic penetrative insight . . . .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Green is obsessed with himself though and sneers at the fans.

Agree that RS isn't going to be joining Mensa soon but he's made the most of his ability. I asked him why he was prepared to play for the Albion whilst staying in a shitty hotel and having to wash his own training kit when he was on £40k a week at his home club and he said "I'm a footballer, it's what I do, and Mickey is a nice guy"

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Robbie Savage as a pundit is awful. I think his insightful commentary during the Albion vs Arsenal last season, included “Brighton need to pass like Arsenal, that’s what they need to be doing”. Brilliant, I bet nobody from a team fighting relegation from the championship had considered playing like one of the best teams in Europe, because obviously it’s just that easy.

Robbie Savage as player, can be summed up by his eye gouging of Olof Mellberg. I’m not excusing players fighting but I can understand that sometimes players throw fists in anger or frustration, it’s not right but I can understand where it comes from, stupidity and frustration. Eye gouging takes a special kind of scum to do that. That’s not something you do out of frustration, you do that because you’re a thoroughly loathsome individual. I can’t stand looking at him on screen as a pundit.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Great player but Glenn Hoddle is a boring mong when he speaks. It's especially annoying as he often has great observations...its just his bloody VOICE and his dreadful spoken English.

Oh. And Old "not so" Bright. Obvs. The wall eyed palace knobber.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Alan Green is good and bad but more good than bad, IMO. On the one hand, he does indeed call it like it is, I admire him for standing up to Ferguson, and his analysis tends to be spot on. Also, he steers clear of subjects he knows nothing about. No Don Goodman-esque "they'll fall away" bollocks from Green.

I also feel El Presidente's criticism of him that he "sneers at fans" is totally unfair. I don't think he does at all. What I do agree with is something @Dick Knights Mum has said about him - he gives the impression that he doesn't appreciate that he is doing a job that 95% of us would absolutely love, and that he should feel privileged to be allowed to commentate on some of the biggest occasions in sport.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You all want to try watching football on Australian TV.

You don't know you are born :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You're on a hiding to nothing really, especially as a MOTD pundit.

You get 3 minutes to do "analysis" on a whole game of football. No-one is ever going to be completely satisfied with that.

Where Neville excelled is that he was given the platform to on Sky. If you get 1 or 2 days to prepare and then get 2 hours of tv to give your masterclass (Monday Night Football) you will always have an advantage.

I actually think Jermaine Jenas is not bad at all. Souness is also excellent when he gets wound up.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Alan Green is good and bad but more good than bad, IMO. On the one hand, he does indeed call it like it is, I admire him for standing up to Ferguson, and his analysis tends to be spot on. Also, he steers clear of subjects he knows nothing about. No Don Goodman-esque "they'll fall away" bollocks from Green.

I'm with EP on this one. Green is a nasty piece of work. He has a job which most of us would do for free but spends half of his commentary moaning about something. Someone is standing up in front of him, No-one has bought him his drink, the game is dull or it's a cold winters day. If he was given an all expenses paid day out in a strippers the beer would be too warm and the tits too small. Commentate on the game, not moan to people on the radio FFS. As for his fued with Ferguson, he made sure everyone knew about it like a badge of honour. Ferguson could pick a fight in an empty room - Getting up his nose is as easy as getting up in the morning.

I always remember Green in the World cup of 2010. When Jo Cole wasn't picked he was off on one 'I know, I know, Jo Cole was in MY team' he said as if Fabio Capello had the audacity to pick his own team using his experience winning Serie A and the European Cup. So what mate, you are paid to commentate, your opinion is no more valid than mine but yet Green believes he and only he has that valid point of view (and if you managed to listen to more than 30 seconds on him when he did 606 you are a better man than I because he just hectored off anyone who didn't agree with him, proving the point). Can't stand him - Radio off whenever he is on. Would rather listen to Stan Collymore.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Would it not be easier to list the pundits that are any good?

Agreed. They're mostly awful. Can anyone think of any good pundits?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Owen the worst for me by a mile.
David James is clueless.
Gary Birtles and Don Goodman also up there for spouting utter crap.

I like the Savage and Fletch show, Souness knows his stuff as does Hoddle.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm with EP on this one. Green is a nasty piece of work. He has a job which most of us would do for free but spends half of his commentary moaning about something. Someone is standing up in front of him, No-one has bought him his drink, the game is dull or it's a cold winters day. If he was given an all expenses paid day out in a strippers the beer would be too warm and the tits too small. Commentate on the game, not moan to people on the radio FFS. As for his fued with Ferguson, he made sure everyone knew about it like a badge of honour. Ferguson could pick a fight in an empty room - Getting up his nose is as easy as getting up in the morning.

I always remember Green in the World cup of 2010. When Jo Cole wasn't picked he was off on one 'I know, I know, Jo Cole was in MY team' he said as if Fabio Capello had the audacity to pick his own team using his experience winning Serie A and the European Cup. So what mate, you are paid to commentate, your opinion is no more valid than mine but yet Green believes he and only he has that valid point of view (and if you managed to listen to more than 30 seconds on him when he did 606 you are a better man than I because he just hectored off anyone who didn't agree with him, proving the point). Can't stand him - Radio off whenever he is on. Would rather listen to Stan Collymore.

You make an excellent case as usual. Somewhat spoilt by your last sentence, however.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Finally what the hell were Talksport thinking giving a microphone to Stan 'the brummie swedebasher' Collymore, totally unlistenable.

I actually quite like Collymore. One of the better ones.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Where Neville excelled is that he was given the platform to on Sky. If you get 1 or 2 days to prepare and then get 2 hours of tv to give your masterclass (Monday Night Football) you will always have an advantage.

I agree except Jamie Redknapp has the same platform and is still shit.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Peter Beagrie the dirty Northern b*****d. Never played south of Sheffield and has absolutely no idea on anything other than being a clueless Northern journeyman.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You make an excellent case as usual. Somewhat spoilt by your last sentence, however.

I most enjoy Collymore when my wife is in the car. She hates his voice with an absolute passion likening it to finger nails down a blackboard. Because I love a good wind up, I'll keep his brummie twang on for as long as possible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I most enjoy Collymore when my wife is in the car. She hates his voice with an absolute passion likening it to finger nails down a blackboard. Because I love a good wind up, I'll keep his brummie twang on for as long as possible.

Lovely stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here