Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cack ex-pro pundits STEALING for living

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It probably is...................................................for the jocks.

EX f**king ACTLY.

Me? I don't give a toss about England v Scotland really. I'd much rather beat Germany or France. In fact, these days a football match against Australia would be more interesting than one against the sweaties.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Would it be bad to say I hate those 'experts' on Soccer Saturday, none of them know anything unless they are not supposed to know anything then they are doing a good job. I hate Big Nose Thompson, Le fkn Tiss, Pisshead Merson and Jocko Nicholas to the DEPTHS on anything and the Football League ones are even worse. Matt Murray could send the most speeded up drug addict to sleep as could that stupid woman Bianca Wotshername

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That tackle on lovren on MOTD last night apparently was 'fair'. Last season when Ashley Barnes did EXACTLY the same thing on Matic all pundits were calling for his head. They're mostly all stealing a living, except Gary Neville who sadly has chucked himself into the manager merry-go-round instead.

I dont mind wrighty.

invasBodySnatchersDVDcap4.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like Claridge as well - wonder if it's his accent that puts people off - and Danny Murphy has plenty of intelligent things to say.

The pundit I do like but is not used frequently enough is Mick McCarthy - always tells it as it is.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
On the other side of the coin, who do you think are GOOD pundits? I would suggest Danny Murphy and Martin Keown - but I'll probably get shot down in flames.
I quite like Danny Murphy as well.

I've always enjoyed the temporary pundits that the BBC get in for World Cups such as Seedorf or Leonardo. They tend to have vast amounts of experience in the game and seem to be more than capable of getting their (normally detailed and understandable) points across without relying on clichés.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Claridge is getting a lot of love - the BBC show was certainly not so bad in retrospect. His knowledge is good but his English isn't.

I would nominate almost all ex-sportsmen employed by TalkSport - Darren Gough at the top of the list.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Dislike: Paul Merson
Like: Robbie Savage (puts on tin helmet and hides under desk)

Robbie ******** Savage, you jest surely, get out from under that desk and explain yourself, it's not only that he is a crap pundit but I detest him before he even opens his mouth, not only because of the type of player he was but for that truly pathetic piss take when he was with us.

Gareth Crooks is just weird to watch, and he never stops talking,I have known the Saudi justice system to hand out shorter sentences.

Finally what the hell were Talksport thinking giving a microphone to Stan 'the brummie swedebasher' Collymore, totally unlistenable.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not an ex -player, but David Pleat is the real dregs of punditry. States the bleedig obvious and adds absolutely nothing to the commentary, while pretending to be a statesman of the game.
Kerb crawling old pervert

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Really liked listening to Leroy Rosenior and also found Clarence Seedorf very interesting when hired in for major tournaments.

Jamie Redknapp and Alan Shearer have to be up there as the worst

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that for proper insight you need to watch the Sunday Supplement but in terms of punditry I think Hoddle knows what he's talking about, Lee Dixon's OK, Danny Murphy, Souness and Ruud Gullit are good. Neville was the benchmark though.

As a ratio I'd say for every good one there's five who are mediocre or downright rubbish.

Stumpy Tim

I agree that for proper insight you need to watch the Sunday Supplement but in terms of punditry I think Hoddle knows what he's talking about, Lee Dixon's OK, Danny Murphy, Souness and Ruud Gullit are good. Neville was the benchmark though.

As a ratio I'd say for every good one there's five who are mediocre or downright rubbish.

Hoddle and Dixon are good shouts actually. I quite like them. Gullit & Souness are utter toilet however

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
On the other side of the coin, who do you think are GOOD pundits? I would suggest Danny Murphy and Martin Keown - but I'll probably get shot down in flames.
Mostly, if not entirely, radio only but Pat Nevin. And David Pleat. Don't seem to hear Jimmy Armfield much anymore but he was great too. All summarisers I guess, rather than studio-bound pundits and all the better for it.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Apologies if already mentioned but surely Clinton Morrison is the worst of the worst?

On the odd occasion this bell end is given a game to cover on SSN, he can barely string together a coherent sentence and comes across as a real plank. Oh... and of course he has history with them up the road too...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
David Prutton the latest on the list
Agreed. He may be a little stiff on delivery as he's new to the game but I don't think his appearing to be a tosser can be fixed through experience sadly.

He seems surprisingly combative when on the job and I've no idea why...
Hoddle and Dixon are good shouts actually. I quite like them. Gullit & Souness are utter toilet however
Barring the Hoddle part I'd have to agree with this as well. Souness is another one that deals with people disagreeing with him by getting angry, which just makes him look laughable.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
How this has got to post #60 without a mention of Andy Townsend is unreal, I know he's not on ITV any more but he still pops up here and there.

The OP nailed it though, Shearer manages to combine being deathly boring, clichéd and completely uninformed. He runs David Pleat close in the stating the bleeding obvious stakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here