Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye bye Liam

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Been back at the club since mid December, fell out with the Luton manager I think

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
I would hate for Bridcutt to go but I wonder if Poyet has been preparing for this eventuality and is actually going to play 4-4-2 with no holding midfielder. It certainly explains a couple of odd decisions in recent months - firstly getting rid of Navarro when he was the only real back-up option for Bridcutt (and Gus has always said he wants 2 options for each position) and secondly getting Hammond on loan for the season having already signed Crofts. If he wants to bring in a target man to play with CMS or Dobbie/Hoskins, then perhaps he wants to line up with Crofts and Hammond in the middle of a conventional midfield 4 (with Buckley on the right and Orlandi/Lua Lua on the left). Is going to be a bit of drastic change of formation given the way we've played over the past 2 and a bit seasons - but maybe this is what he's thinking.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
He's our best player whos level of consistency has amazed me for someone so young. Especially when you consider the tactical maturity you have to have to play in that position.

I expect CMS to go in jan and one of Buckley or bridcutt to go also. I'd rather it be Buckley if I'm honest and Bridcutt should be offered a long term deal and be our highest paid player.

If we ever have a chance of making the PL players like him have to be here.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Too good for the Championship. Top player, one of the best English holding mids in the country. Expect him to go this Jan.

Legend. Wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

Agree BUT not good enough for the Prem in 18 of 20 teams. Someone like Swansea might play to his style but be too high in the league. 1.5 - 2 million (DM not a striker so about price) to someone like Forrest who will over-pay him and if they ever get promoted, dump him or let him rot, bringing in some enormous lump of a DM. Be better off staying here as we play more to his style and he might scrape into our PREM team should we get there in a year or two.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Bridcutt is immense for us but cannot see many Premier clubs coming in for him only those that we could swap places with in the next couple of seasons so he may just as well stick with us and go up with us.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I think that Bridcutt is immense for us but cannot see many Premier clubs coming in for him only those that we could swap places with in the next couple of seasons so he may just as well stick with us and go up with us.

you're confident we'll be in the Prem in a couple of seasons ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here