Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye bye Liam

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We've made some bad decisions, but even Poyet knows that if we sold Bridcutt our season would completely f*** up. In the summer at the earliest he'll go.

I don't know... If a £2-3m bid comes in, he'll be off and you can only hope we'll reinvest wisely.

At the moment we are a selling club so if a big bid comes in, be it for Buckley, CMS or Bridcutt, they will be sold.

What is VITAL is that we replace and reinvest in the right players. If we do, we'll be fine. If not? F*cked.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
Bridcutt is a player I thoroughly enjoy watch play, and am delighted he's with our club.

However, to play up a level. His distribution forward needs to improve. His positional sense is excellent as is his passing when deep and the pressures off. But there is a lack of creativity when in the opposition half.

In addition, is he physically big enough to play in the premiership.

Like Zamora before him, Liam would be better spent spending another 18 months at the club. Where in all likely hood he would gain an additional 50 - 75 championship games.

Sitting on the bench at Norwich, may be of benefit financially short term. But like SWP, Parker, Sidwell,S
Sinclair and Johnson at man city stunts your career.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Two question's the position that Liam plays is a rare one, what team/system play this way and would he fit into?

The role he plays also requires lots of hours to master, what team would give him the same playing time he gets at our club in this very specific role?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bridcutt is a player I thoroughly enjoy watch play, and am delighted he's with our club.

However, to play up a level. His distribution forward needs to improve. His positional sense is excellent as is his passing when deep and the pressures off. But there is a lack of creativity when in the opposition half.

Hasn't he got five assists this season?

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
In fairness, at Bha. He is probably undertaking the role asked of him very consciously, at a different club with variable tactics. Another aspect of his play may shine through. However, as stated earlier. Who can afford to allow Liam 10 - 15 premiership games to settle in.

In all likelihood, it's more effective and cheaper to import an experienced international from Spain who's current economic situation is allowing tremendous value for money. Michu anybody?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If we sell Bridcutt, we may as well pack up as that will be our season well and truly over. I would be extremely disillusioned if we let him go. He is the one player in our team who would be virtually impossible to sell. He is the lynchpin in Gus's system, so we would be in even deeper problems without him.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Sorry if I've missed a thread, but does anyone know why Buckley wasn't playing today? I suggested it could've just been a knock, but my uncle said it was because he's being sold in the transfer window.

If we sell Bridcutt and Buckley, I seriously cannot see how we will replace them. Without them it'll be a relegation battle (and I'm not even on a wind-up).

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
TBH I always stay to the end and I was a bit surprised to see him clapping the fans.

Would be gutted to see him go, has improved year on year and can only see that continuing.

Most important player in the team by a very very long way. Should be captain.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Bridcutt is by far our best player and I sensed the clapping to the fans today may have had some extra significance. We'll see.

If he signs for a Prem club I will completely understand the decision and wish him the very best for the future. It's been a privilege to watch him and I think he's served the club in a way that few have equalled over the past 20 years.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I remember three seasons ago we had the same situation at Wycombe with Adam Virgo when he threw his shirt into the away end leading to speculation he was off.

Unfortunately he didn't leave on that occasion and we had to endure him for the rest of the season

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Bit unfair IMHO Bridge still a class act and we are not breaking our wage structure paying our proportion of his wages! ( Allegedly)
Think you're right...but do not think he will be here next season....his Mrs loves America and we could not afford his wages...even if he takes a 60% cut on his present earnings.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Think you're right...but do not think he will be here next season....his Mrs loves America and we could not afford his wages...even if he takes a 60% cut on his present earnings.

I don't think he'll stay but have you heard the Albion podcast? He did sound quite positive and seems to be enjoying himself here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here