Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Burnley v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Match Thread ****

Result Forecast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Cms and Vokes up front, about time.....But no width what so ever to supply them, so when it doesn't work he can bring back Barnes....No Lualua/Buckley/Assuin/Noone,,,,Poyet is crazy!!!.....even if we win, it's still crazy.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brezovan, Calderon, El-Abd, Greer, Mattock; Navarro, Dicker, Jara Reyes, Vicente; Vokes, Mackail-Smith.

subs v Burnley: Ankergren (GK), LuaLua, Buckley, Noone, Barnes.

Good. We have not been playing well in Lancashire this season. I expected Craig Noone to feature but Will Buckley in the same squad !!! Kazenga is a must which means no place for Assulin in case Vicente gets injured. Last time Jara played in midfield we came unstuck!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Different, Reyes and Vicente to roam and give the width, surprised all three wide boys on the bench

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Dicker and Vicente should link up well, and imagine Reyes partnering Navs just infront of the back 4

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think Dicker could hold the key to this line up. We need his creativity in the midfield to compensate for no wingers imo.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Cms and Vokes up front, about time.....But no width what so ever to supply them, so when it doesn't work he can bring back Barnes....No Lualua/Buckley/Assuin/Noone,,,,Poyet is crazy!!!.....even if we win, it's still crazy.

Maybe, just maybe Poyet isn't looking to the wingers for once. For me the most effective I've seen CMS play this season was the last 20 minutes against Burnley. We were playing unorthodox balls over the top and he was bloody everywhere, so unlucky not to score! I'm sure I will be completely wrong but hey who knows, this is Gus we're talking about.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leeds trying to kick Reading off the park.

Zac Thompson is sent off. 11:46 Zac Thompson challenges Jobi McAnuff unfairly and gives away a free kick.

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I like that team selection! Got a good feeling about today!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
150/1 for 5+ goals.
We haven't gone for a draw.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We need a minimum of four points over Easter. It will be much easier of we win this one. I think Craig Noone will be our first substitute to come on.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not much width, but it's good to see Gus taking a punt on CMS and Vokes together upfront. Guess he's going for win or bust (which is what today is!) Reyes on the right side of midfield, to fill in behind Calde when he goes on the rampage down the right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here