Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Burnley v Brighton & Hove Albion Official Match Thread ****

Result Forecast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Very grey here this morning-proper footie day! Tried to keep up with the burnley girls last night.....big mistake-now feel like someone's shat in my mouth!! Everyone head for the bridge-they have 100 different beers and it's on the way to the ground

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
20120406Burnley.jpg

Burnley per match average
For

Goals 1.41
Shots 12.10
On Goal 5.44
Fouls 9.03
Yellow cards 1.49
Red Cards 0.05

Against
Goals 1.23
Shots 10.72
On Goal 4.95
Fouls 10.44
Yellow Cards 1.31
Red cards 0.13

Brighton per match average
For

Goals 1.23
Shots 7.85
On Goal 3.70
Fouls 10.15
Yellows cards 2.13
Red cards 0.20

Against
Goals 1.03
Shots 10.75
On Goal 5.05
Fouls 12.98
Yellow cards 2.43
Red Cards 0.08

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Burnley is rough as arseholes, everything is in black and white, everyone owns whippets and all the streets are cobbled, plus most of their fans are absolute meatheads.

I would love it, f***ing love it, if we turned them over today.

Come on boys!!

:clap:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We should really win this, I'm a lot more confident seeing that Jay Rodriguez, Danny Lafferty and Martin Paterson are all sidelined.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've really reached the sharp end of the season now - I think this is now a 'must win' game for us. We've got a tricky run in (to say the least!) and I think losing today would probably realistically (although certainly not mathematically) end our chances of the play-offs four top in-form teams to come, plus Barnsley away.

So come on the Albion!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just a small town in Lancashire

Burnley is rough as arseholes, everything is in black and white, everyone owns whippets and all the streets are cobbled, plus most of their fans are absolute meatheads.

Come on boys!!

Southern view: Burnley is just a small town in Lancashire like Blackpool, Blackburn and Bolton. Who will will we be playing out of those four next year?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

Come on boys!!

Bloody northerners trawling around in their flatcaps and tweed jackets :wanker:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Burnley Analysis
I didn’t consider Sam Vokes in my original article, as he hadn’t played enough games. However, now he has made more appearances, here are his stats so far:

Adjusted Appearances Shots on Target Shots off Target Shooting accuracy Adjusted Shots per game Shots per goal
2.2 4 3 57% 3.18 3.5

These are clearly excellent stats when they are adjusted to take his substitute appearances into account. He has made an excellent start. This is encouraging both for the rest of the season and as a sign Eddie Howe can pick a striker: his record of signing forwards has been good so far.

Burnley’s attack: an analysis | No Nay Never

Why Burnley cannot score ???

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Once upon a time Burnley were a big club. Fifty years ago when I started watching the Albion the fans on the East Terrace at the Goldstone were still talking about a 3-3 draw against the First Division giants. They must have had players that were household names like the great Willie Willie Irvine.

Nowadays: Kieran Trippier was taking the corners against Birmingham. Is it only on the south coast he meets the corners and shoots from the edge of the box? He did it against Pompey last week as well.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Brezovan, Calderon, El-Abd, Greer, Mattock; Navarro, Dicker, Jara Reyes, Vicente; Vokes, Mackail-Smith.

subs v Burnley: Ankergren (GK), LuaLua, Buckley, Noone, Barnes.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
CMS and Vokes up front, dicker set to come back :clap2:

That's for real. Who is on the bench? I expected a left winger to bother Trippier. Who is on the bench?

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Team:
Brez
Calde
GG
Mattock

Navs
Jara
Dicker

Vicente

CMS
Vokes

Subs: Anks, Buckley, Noone, Barnes, KLL

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Reyes had a mare vs Millwall in midfield, although it was 4-3-3. Good to see Dicker back in the starting line up but 3 wingers on the bench a bit unnecessary? Where is Razak?!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Brezovan, Calderon, El-Abd, Greer, Mattock; Navarro, Dicker, Jara Reyes, Vicente; Vokes, Mackail-Smith.

subs v Burnley: Ankergren (GK), LuaLua, Buckley, Noone, Barnes.

That is surely a 4-3-3 with Navs, Dicker and Reyes in the middle and Vicente just off Vokes and CMS.

Not a hint of defensive ability on the bench......GOAL TIME

Edit. I guess Reyes is the defensive cover if needed :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here