Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley interested in Dale Stephens

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
In all honesty, I think I understand why the Ginger Dalek is interested in Dale. IMO, Jones is meh, and that cockwomble Barton is actually approaching the end of his career (think he's 33 now), plus Marney is shit, so the Dalek wants a Dale-like CM to replace them

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
And Stephens being from the north west means that he's fully aware of how shit Burnley is as a town.

Burnley don't make it compulsory for their players to live in the town. Many of them have cars and can commute.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Erm, Andre Gray?

Erm................The last time they went up..............How many players turned them down because they wouldn't pay the wages that they were looking for. I could list you about 6 or 7. That's conservative . It is probably more than that

For every Andre Gray that they spent a lot of money on, I could list you at least 6 or 7 that they failed to get. The board wouldn't ( and quite rightly so in my opinion) go out on a limb financially to get potential transfer targets when they were in the Premiership.

The reason they could got Ande Gray was because

1. They signed him while they were a Championship club, hence he didn't come with the same wage demands.

2. He came from lower leagues whereby both he and his Agent go into negotiations with less bargaining power in relation to salary

This is there 2nd stint into the Premiership so yas they will this time around be able to spend more but my original post was more about whether CH would want to sell Stephens. YES I made reference to what Burnley would pay but it was more about the guy I always refer to as the ''Golden Boy''

Not who I think is the best player at the club but many other do,

YorkshireClaret

May 2, 2016
Erm................The last time they went up..............How many players turned them down because they wouldn't pay the wages that they were looking for. I could list you about 6 or 7. That's conservative . It is probably more than that

For every Andre Gray that they spent a lot of money on, I could list you at least 6 or 7 that they failed to get. The board wouldn't ( and quite rightly so in my opinion) go out on a limb financially to get potential transfer targets when they were in the Premiership.

The reason they could got Ande Gray was because

1. They signed him while they were a Championship club, hence he didn't come with the same wage demands.

2. He came from lower leagues whereby both he and his Agent go into negotiations with less bargaining power in relation to salary

This is there 2nd stint into the Premiership so yas they will this time around be able to spend more but my original post was more about whether CH would want to sell Stephens. YES I made reference to what Burnley would pay but it was more about the guy I always refer to as the ''Golden Boy''

Not who I think is the best player at the club but many other do,

From what I've heard, and admittedly, it's a rumour, albeit from a usually reliable source, Stephens is a done deal, no matter what division you are in next season. Wishing to return North (as strange as many of you may think that may be, being stated)

As for Barton v Brighton... I'm probably in the minority in that I thought he was lucky to stay on the field that day. In fairness, and it was a big worry when we signed him, his temperament this season has, perhaps that game aside, been fantastic and he's stood out a mile over the season. A quality player, whatever people may think of him.

Good luck today lads and lasses - I hope you do it and if you don't, best of luck for the play offs - hopefully not needed, but if it is, I feel that you're the best equipped to go all the way.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Pleased for you. Football is all you have in Burnley.

Last edited by a moderator:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
From what I've heard, and admittedly, it's a rumour, albeit from a usually reliable source, Stephens is a done deal, no matter what division you are in next season. Wishing to return North (as strange as many of you may think that may be, being stated)

As for Barton v Brighton... I'm probably in the minority in that I thought he was lucky to stay on the field that day. In fairness, and it was a big worry when we signed him, his temperament this season has, perhaps that game aside, been fantastic and he's stood out a mile over the season. A quality player, whatever people may think of him.

Good luck today lads and lasses - I hope you do it and if you don't, best of luck for the play offs - hopefully not needed, but if it is, I feel that you're the best equipped to go all the way.

Too much of a bad mood now after todays result to really respond as to how or why I know but it is not a done deal.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Too much of a bad mood now after todays result to really respond as to how or why I know but it is not a done deal.
No way is it a done deal. Burnley may want him and the player may want to go but he's under contract to us. We won't let him go unless Burnley pay our asking price. That will start at ten big ones.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

As if any club would make a done deal with so much still to play for you thick Burnley ****.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we don't go up it could easily happen :down:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If I just won promotion, I definitely wouldn't be on the internet let alone another clubs forum. Definitely a Palace fan or some kind of social recluse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here