Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley interested in Dale Stephens

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We turned down offers for him last summer. Hopefully we will get promoted so we can turn them down again.
I don't buy the 'he wants to return to the north' story.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barton will probably leave Dyches Dinnosaurs for more money in the summer and Stephens would be a ready made younger replacement who would walk into their team so the rumour is very logical. Plus he could sell his house and buy the same for 1/2 oreven 1/3 the price up there and make money.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In all seriousness, how did he get into the team of the year if all that is true?
Fair point. He has had a good season. So has Kayal, and is unlucky to not be included in the team of the year.

But surely you have to admit, Kayal played him off the park in that game.
Barton's response was to resort to a petulant display that would have seen him sent off on plenty of other occasions. IMO.

I suspect you may not agree.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
In all seriousness, how did he get into the team of the year if all that is true?
A man with extremely average pass completion, tackles per game, dribbles, interceptions, goals and assists, compared to the rest of the league?

No idea mate. Maybe footballers aren't that bright.

Apr 5, 2016
Fair point. He has had a good season. So has Kayal, and is unlucky to not be included in the team of the year.

But surely you have to admit, Kayal played him off the park in that game.
Barton's response was to resort to a petulant display that would have seen him sent off on plenty of other occasions. IMO.

I suspect you may not agree.

Completely agree with Kayal's being the better player on the day, disagree with the tackle, I though it was Kayal who committed the foul.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Completely agree with Kayal's being the better player on the day, disagree with the tackle, I though it was Kayal who committed the foul.
8f4a8fe65bb188d68755dedd65b09c75.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

That is where we disagree then. I assume the tackle you are referring to is the one we consider to be a stamp?
Barton was guilty of 3 separate offences which warranted a minimum yellow card incidents IMO. A stronger referee would have dealt with the situation.
Barton showed his experience by identifying or probably knowing the weakness of Pawson and managed him throughout the game.

That level of experience (whilst not particularly endearing) is effective in the championship and it remains an area of weakness for us.
It helped contribute to the result that day, but probably not as much as our missed chances.

Good luck next season - Hopefully we'll be playing you again and Kayal will get the chance to get his revenge.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Be interesting to see where Barton ends up next season, could see him maybe at Sunderland if they drop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here