Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley interested in Dale Stephens

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Are you joking?
3d8bb7e291ba68998099986d59593fce_zpskrreazkh.jpg
You can clearly see Kayal kneeing Barton in the heel. I think we need to take the blue tinted specs off.

Apr 5, 2016
That is where we disagree then. I assume the tackle you are referring to is the one we consider to be a stamp?
Barton was guilty of 3 separate offences which warranted a minimum yellow card incidents IMO. A stronger referee would have dealt with the situation.
Barton showed his experience by identifying or probably knowing the weakness of Pawson and managed him throughout the game.

That level of experience (whilst not particularly endearing) is effective in the championship and it remains an area of weakness for us.
It helped contribute to the result that day, but probably not as much as our missed chances.

Good luck next season - Hopefully we'll be playing you again and Kayal will get the chance to get his revenge.

Great post. I do feel that Kayal left his leg high in that particular challenge, freeze frames are all well and good, like the one highlighted further up the thread, rewind it half a second and the fouls is the other way around.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Great post. I do feel that Kayal left his leg high in that particular challenge, freeze frames are all well and good, like the one highlighted further up the thread, rewind it half a second and the fouls is the other way around.

You're saying it should've been a Burnley free kick?

Apr 5, 2016
All our Mods are having their tea.
So before they ban you for being fecking tedious I'd like to say you nearly made me laugh :moo:

Banned for having a differing opinion to you? As you said earlier, why bother replying to me? Especially if you can't enter a debate and would rather go running to a moderator.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Banned for having a differing opinion to you? As you said earlier, why bother replying to me? Especially if you can't enter a debate and would rather go running to a moderator.

:lol: The mods allow trolls like you to post bollocks for far too long .
Enjoy your moment of insignificance.
You have become invisible :cool:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Out of context, I don't think there was a foul either way, I was talking about how a freeze frame can bend the truth.

You must have tinted specs on as Barton chose to land on Kayal's leg to take him out of the game.
It would have been easier for him to land anywhere else. Barton is THE master of the discreet assault.

I'm absolutely certain that any neutral club supporter would agree.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just heard from a decent source. Apparently Dyche rates him and there are rumours that Dale would fancy a move back to the North West for family reasons.

Tell your reliable source that you have heard from an even more reliable source that from the current Brighton squad, that Dale Stephens is the last player that CH would consider selling.

That's not to say that if they threw millions at us it couldn't happen but Burnley would never meet CHs valuation of him - They are just not the type of club that break the bank to get a player

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Tell your reliable source that you have heard from an even more reliable source that from the current Brighton squad, that Dale Stephens is the last player that CH would consider selling.

That's not to say that if they threw millions at us it couldn't happen but Burnley would never meet CHs valuation of him - They are just not the type of club that break the bank to get a player

And Stephens being from the north west means that he's fully aware of how shit Burnley is as a town.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Only saying what I heard from someone who has contacts at Burnley. I would hate to see any of the current first team squad go and I'm sure that the only way that would happen is if a large bid comes in and a player wants to leave for the Premiership, if we aren't there. Even if we don't go up I can see us having a right good go next season. Players on the periphery may be let go, such as Crofts, JFC, Calderon, but this should free up money for some reinforcements. Having said that, didn't Burnley pay £9m for Andre Gray so they can splash the cash a bit....hopefully not in our direction.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So we play hoofball with Joey Barton, streets ahead of any other ball playing footballer in the division!

I needed a laugh at this rather tense time. Thanks for providing it.

NSC you ARE a **** laugh of 2016.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I wouldn't ban you for being a tw*t, I'd ban you for supporting prehistoric football and thugs and for being a north west monkey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here