Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What's a puff and where do I get one?

Cheese+Puffs.jpg I assume

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
i think the atmosphere has not been the same since the 1st season at the amex

agreed, its like the novelty has warm off abit...

its like someone else was saying on here, most new stadiums cant match the atmosphere at old style grounds, personally i do prefer going to the old grounds, but hey, you cant complain about having a stadium as nice as the amex!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
They've got a point about the arrogance though, some of our fans online are cringe central, especially ones on other forums. Wasn't too long ago we were right in the mire.

I still don't get the whole "soulless" argument though.... what are we supposed to do, the ground wasn't built in 1901 and at least we ain't got that goal music shit :shrug:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How many of the 607 actually travelled all the way down from Burnley ? There must be a fair few who have escaped from Lancashire and now live in civilisation.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I've only been to Turf moor 3 or 4 times but have always enjoyed it. Ok it's only 30-35mi s over the tops from where I live but I liked watching a bit of cricket with a cheap pint of two before the match and then into a rickety old stand with hideously uncomfortable seats and 2 (maybe more) supports that block some of the pitch! But I've always found the locals friendly. Burnley centre is a dump but there are some lovely little villages that I pass through on my way back home so it's not all bad!

Your post brings back memories for me; I lived in Harle Syke, Burnley for 5 years in the early nineties. Many a happy Saturday morning spent heading out to a local (or not so local) Albion away game. If heading towards Yorkshire, would always take the opportunity to visit Border Bookshop in Todmorden which specialized in football books and memorabilia (must have spent hundreds of pounds in that place over the years on club histories, Who's Who etc).

I worked in this dark, satanic place:-

Spring Garden Mill.jpg

Spring Garden Mill in Colne, Lancashire. The stone steps between floors had been partially worn away over 150 years by thousands upon thousands of clog-clad feet.

Ah, happy days....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How many of the 607 actually travelled all the way down from Burnley ? There must be a fair few who have escaped from Lancashire and now live in civilisation.

One was interviewed on radio Sussex. He was actually from Worthing. His reason for supporting Burnley was that when he visited his grandpa's in London, West Ham was the local team but his grandma bought a Burnley shirt by mistake. :ffsparr:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
My biggest criticism of the Amex i still think the North stand looks crap compared to the rest of the stadium. You have the West and East that look great the South stand isn't bad but the North stand just looks to small and unfinished and it's supposed to be our Kop end, pah.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
A PUFF northern spelling for POOF - it took me while and a couple of arguments to point this spelling error out to the Northern types at work. I just can't understand where the spelling comes from as they don't pronounce it PUFF?????

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A PUFF northern spelling for POOF - it took me while and a couple of arguments to point this spelling error out to the Northern types at work. I just can't understand where the spelling comes from as they don't pronounce it PUFF?????

The northern pronunciation of poof rhymes with the northern u in bus, therefore it is puff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here