Burnley fans don't like our ground

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpggoing to THE AMEX "is like making love to a beautiful women"

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Always amuses me when a team gets beat at the Amex they slag off the ground, but say they like it when they win

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112299026

also more bitter bad loser comments

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112302182

Thanks for this.
It's remarkable how opinions on an incident are so different. Even mistook Buckley for Ulloa:)

However, I do think there is an element of truth in the comments about our arrogance and blaming everyone else when we lose. (Not everyone on here before you reply !)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's remarkable how opinions on an incident are so different. Even mistook Buckley for Ulloa:)

It's in the match report on the BBC and elsewhere that it was Ulloa, who put pressure on Heaton when he handled the ball twice.

I blame the yellow numbers myself.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm still waiting for the next new stadium to be built with small wooden seats, corrugated asbestos roofs and leg room for midgets only.
Give me souless please.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Did the Goldstone Ground have more soul ? Yes. Is the Amex more comfy and beautiful to look at ? Yes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did the Goldstone Ground have more soul ? Yes. Is the Amex more comfy and beautiful to look at ? Yes.

I think it has more to with the type of fans who watch football these days, for many it's a nice day out without the passion of the crowd who used to got to the Goldstone. It's not just us, nearly all newish grounds suffer like this and without a big following of away fans it can be a bit flat at times. Birmingham fans were appallingly quiet last week whilst the Albion fans sang all game. Fortunately we seldom get that at the Amex.

Of course there are passionate fans at home but nowhere near the number of the halcyon days at the Goldstone IMO and noisy away fans do make for a better atmosphere. Yesterday the game was over as soon as Burlney went down to 10 and the football we played for the last 20 mins did not encourage enthusiasm from the fans IMO. Oh and the Burnley fans were embarrassingly quiet. Maybe they were too busy hating the Amex to bother singing and supporting their team who were well in the game in the first half.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Our ground does not have a great atmosphere, get over it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is the first I've seen of the incident. It looks even more blatant than I could have imagined. Buckley would have had a side foot at a fairly easy angle into an empty net!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
our ground is the best in the championship i am not just saying that because i am a brighton fan and i dont understand why other fans moan about it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is the first I've seen of the incident. It looks even more blatant than I could have imagined. Buckley would have had a side foot at a fairly easy angle into an empty net!
So much for a fella coming in from the East stand side.

Irrespective of player, position, and other team mates, that's a straight red.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks for this.

However, I do think there is an element of truth in the comments about our arrogance and blaming everyone else when we lose. (Not everyone on here before you reply !)

There is an arrogance and sadly a lot of it comes from the new generation of fans. A lot of the goodwill we built up over the years seems to be disappearing.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
It is subjective at the end of the day. Burnley fans I am sure love their stadium as much as we love ours.

Some people love traditional stadiums, some don't.

But why are we bothered about criticism from away fans? It is really not important.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Posted 24 Aug 2013 15:01
re: Brighton v Burnley
Just seen BHAp***s team. Never heard of em. Are they saving themselves for the cup?

:lolol:

Posted 24 Aug 2013 16:35
Bloody Puffs

So speaketh a Northern Monkey

S**t
Well done referee, freedom of the town awaits, you can book your holidays for a week in Brighton.

Erm...I don't think so.

Posted 24 Aug 2013 16:41
I see they have copied the utterly dreadful Birmingham City sub announcement of 'David...WHO' :D :D XD XD Plastic fantastic.

WHAT?!

Posted 24 Aug 2013 18:41
I'm just glad we got away from there without the dirty b*****ds doing a dump in our dressing room.

:cry:

Tremendous.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Posted 24 Aug 2013 15:01
Just seen BHAp***s team. Never heard of em. Are they saving themselves for the cup?

:lolol:

Bloody Puffs

So speaketh a Northern Monkey

S**t
Well done referee, freedom of the town awaits, you can book your holidays for a week in Brighton.

Erm...I don't think so.

Posted 24 Aug 2013 16:41
I see they have copied the utterly dreadful Birmingham City sub announcement of 'David...WHO' :D :D XD XD Plastic fantastic.

WHAT?!

Posted 24 Aug 2013 18:41
I'm just glad we got away from there without the dirty b*****ds doing a dump in our dressing room.

:cry:

Tremendous.

What's a puff and where do I get one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here