Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burke on his way out? Update: Gone

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Brilliant news. Now perhaps a few on here who constantly defended how recruitment can eat some humble pie.

I feel much happier about the clubs future now, well done Bloomy, took your time but you've down what was obvious in the end.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Upson was a Poyet signing and you then come up with three, two of which I agree with out of 25, do you honestly think that is a good ratio and value for money.

You are right about Upson, I apologise.

My point was that we didn't seem to significantly weaken things under Garcia, which included some dealings by the recruitment setup.

The last point I was trying to make is that it is quite clear that for the last year or so our signings have been done on a budget. I don't think anyone would choose to take a punt on the likes of Toko Nzuzi if they could have £2 mil to buy a proven Championship midfielder. But we clearly can't do that.

As said above, I am not defending Burke, just not sure replacing him will prove the quick-fix everyone thinks it is. But I hope it will be.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
According to the photoi just saw Pulis has been at the Amex, may make sense. My friend who's showed me from his friend in the media is involved with the club. Doesn't mean he will be boss, but nice that he's even in the frame.

Come on then - pics?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brilliant news. Now perhaps a few on here who constantly defended how recruitment can eat some humble pie.

I feel much happier about the clubs future now, well done Bloomy, took your time but you've down what was obvious in the end.

I really do fear for Paul Barber now. Maybe it would be nice to give him some respite over Christmas before you start again.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You are right about Upson, I apologise.

My point was that we didn't seem to significantly weaken things under Garcia, which included some dealings by the recruitment setup.

The last point I was trying to make is that it is quite clear that for the last year or so our signings have been done on a budget. I don't think anyone would choose to take a punt on the likes of Toko Nzuzi if they could have £2 mil to buy a proven Championship midfielder. But we clearly can't do that.

As said above, I am not defending Burke, just not sure replacing him will prove the quick-fix everyone thinks it is. But I hope it will be.

I agree this will not be a quick fix, but hopefully our new manager will make signings of his choice in January and at least give us a chance of staying up

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sami was a good guy, who knew not what he was getting into. Burke has delivered on a number of targets, but failed in the recruitment department. Neither of these chaps deserve hell and damnation, I hope they both get some kind of package to ease their lives over the coming months before they get themselves going again. I particularly hope they DB can put this aside as far as possible and relax with his family without letting this ruin all their Xmas', and then reassess in 2015.

NJ is proving to be a real club 'servant', and it would be nice if a role could be found within the new structure for him, although I do not want him as manager for the time being. I also hope PB is allowed to continue to run the non footballing side of the club for a long time, he is a professional and knows his job. Hopefully our new manager will be given free reign with team matters and PB need not get involved there.

To all those calling for more heads to go, please just stop and think a little, no one wants to fail, we all aim to suceed, and right now is a good time to wish 'Goodwill to all men,(maybe even women too!)', Bad joke!

Merry Xmas everyone.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I, like 99% of people on here, have no idea if DB was doing a good or a bad job. I accept the end product was not good but only a few select people have any idea of how he performed.

Quite often we see NSC at its finest. In my opinion the unedifying witch hunt surrounding David Burke by people who had no knowledge of what he did or how he did it was an example of NSC at its worst.

I don't' believe this. it is NSC at its worst. Of course we have no idea what he did, so we judge on results, just as we do with the manager. His results were crap. Period. NSC just pointed out the obvious and suggested a solution. NSC at its best, I'd say.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm afraid l couldn't disagree more. I would prefer either Pulis or Hughton over Sherwood. They both have experience of getting teams promoted from the Championship, and apart from his brief stint at Tottenham, Sherwood has no managerial experience at all. With the position we find ourselves in, we need to hit the ground running.

And as for Sherwood's successor's passing game tiring the players ... poor players!

Not passing game. Pochettino i advocates a heavy pressing game. I though Rosler's tactics were spot on at the Amex and they lost 1-0. Same sort of pressing style.

Pulis has a reputation for the long ball which may not suit the Albion and I am not keen.

Hughton plays a high line and is a bit stubborn. We have not got the players for that right now.

Sherwood chops and changes. I do not if he is looking for the right formulae or is unclear in what he wants to do?

McDermott is a possibility. Does not seem the Albion type somehow?

We wait in hope. I have no fixed views, other than that changing the Albion style overnight might lose us too many points during the change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here