Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burke on his way out? Update: Gone

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Tale I heard, which I kept to myself, but now he has gone, i will tell;
Burke was dealing with the Grabban transfer, the deal was on the table from the club, but whilst they were discussing the offer, Burke started singing.
Grabban and his agent looked at each other as if to say, WTF is going on, but Burke said I have a funeral tomorrow, and i'm practising the song I have to sing at the service.
The agent looked at Grabban and said, come on we're out of here, and they walked out of the negotiations.
Two days later he signed a new deal with Bournemouth.

Whether you believe this or not, I can assure you it came from someone who was very close to Grabban.

I would love this to be true, but if not it’s a great invention and could be believable. My only suspicion is to why you didn’t post this months ago ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with that. Hopefully is true.

Burke has patently failed in his role, player scouting and recruitment under his reign has failed. Everyone seems agreed that the finding of Ulloa and his eventual signing had nowt to do with Burke. TB may have tightened the finances, but the club's transfer fee spending and annual wages bill is still more than decent, so Burke has/had money to work with in a very exciting and privileged position. You only have to look at Derby, Bournemouth, Ipswich and M'boro to see Burke's counterparts doing a great job on not dissimilar budgets.

I'm hoping Burke is shown the door for the sake of the Albion.

A day later, thank god it was true & Burke's gone. Failed in his role, leaving the door open for a proper football manager with experience of bringing in quality players.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I've nothing against David Burke but this seems a good decision by the club. I'm sure the director of football position can work in big Premier League clubs but it doesn't seem necessary in the Championship. It also leaves the manager in a position where they can be judged on performances by players they didn't necessarily want. I can't believe most of our summer signings were Hyypia's choice (although he definitely didn't make the most of the squad he had available).

Suddenly the opportunity to manage Albion is quite an interesting one. Expectations lowered by what's happened so if you can keep us up this season, promotion may not be expected next year either. It also looks like they'll be able to decide on their own signings and probably bring their own backroom staff. Let's hope Bloom and co get the decision right this time or we'll be heading to League One! You only have to look at the results of Bolton and Birmingham to see what can happen if you get the appointment right!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I've nothing against David Burke but this seems a good decision by the club. I'm sure the director of football position can work in big Premier League clubs but it doesn't seem necessary in the Championship. It also leaves the manager in a position where they can be judged on performances by players they didn't necessarily want. I can't believe most of our summer signings were Hyypia's choice (although he definitely didn't make the most of the squad he had available).

Suddenly the opportunity to manage Albion is quite an interesting one. Expectations lowered by what's happened so if you can keep us up this season, promotion may not be expected next year either. It also looks like they'll be able to decide on their own signings and probably bring their own backroom staff. Let's hope Bloom and co get the decision right this time or we'll be heading to League One! You only have to look at the results of Bolton and Birmingham to see what can happen if you get the appointment right!

Happy Christmas Finchley

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here