Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burke and barber

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So its a complete lack of trust in anyone else to be able to run our club properly without having fans watch and question their every move and motive. I suggest the problem lies with these doubters rather than Barber who appears to be acting in our best interest. (i helped save the club so i should have a say in how it proceeds from here and if i can't then i don't like it and throw my toys out of the pram)

Here we have someone who is trying to get the club on a secure and stable financial standing yet those who feel the need to examine and question everything the club does are the very ones questioning his every attempt to do exactly what is needed and in the best interest of the club and they should be the ones examining their own motives as it doesn't appear to be for the benefit of the club.

I said before I would not trust any of them as far as I could throw them
trust anyone in the football business ..are you mad

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We do but how many chairmen will ignore it and say the fine is a lot less than the gain of getting promotion I could think of about 3 r 4 off the top of my head. It is fine to say that this is what the chairmen wanted and agreed but I am sure there are many who will say it is ok for you but not me thanks.

And of those chairman playing that game some might succeed but most will fail leaving their clubs facing huge fines and further debt. I know what side I want our chairman on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So its a complete lack of trust in anyone else to be able to run our club properly without having fans watch and question their every move and motive. I suggest the problem lies with these doubters rather than Barber who appears to be acting in our best interest. (i helped save the club so i should have a say in how it proceeds from here and if i can't then i don't like it and throw my toys out of the pram)

Here we have someone who is trying to get the club on a secure and stable financial standing yet those who feel the need to examine and question everything the club does are the very ones questioning his every attempt to do exactly what is needed and in the best interest of the club and they should be the ones examining their own motives as it doesn't appear to be for the benefit of the club.

None of the above precludes mistakes being made. It would be good if the communications actually got through to the fans. As I highlighted on another thread, the ticketing system is getting worse not better after two years experience.
It's always right to question and not have blind faith.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Where did I say complete lack of trust?

I said that its ok to be suspicious, I'm not sure what your problem is with that?

The communication and PR coming from the club right now is poor and,so you understand I will repeat it for a third time, I fully understand what Barber is here to do, and that there is no easy way to get your message across, but it has to be better than the way it is being done now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And of those chairman playing that game some might succeed but most will fail leaving their clubs facing huge fines and further debt. I know what side I want our chairman on.

I agree 100% but my point is it will be ignored by many so can we not push the boundary a little so as to not incur fines etc. With a child you tell them they can have a sweet so they take two which is not too bad but if they take a handfull you jump on them is this not similar in principle.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I agree 100% but my point is it will be ignored by many so can we not push the boundary a little so as to not incur fines etc. With a child you tell them they can have a sweet so they take two which is not too bad but if they take a handfull you jump on them is this not similar in principle.

I don't think it will be ignored. There's a big proportion on parachutes and of the others only Forest look like they might be trying to buy there way out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think it will be ignored. There's a big proportion on parachutes and of the others only Forest look like they might be trying to buy there way out.

Middlesbrough always seem to be in for expensive players, yet their gates are small.

Some teams may be looking to sell in January to balance the books within FFP.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

If clubs ignore FFP, they will face one of two consequences. If they win promotion, they will be fined (with the level of fine imposed dependent upon their level of excess losses); the fines will be shared by the clubs who met the requirements. If they don't win promotion, they will face a transfer embargo, until they prove they are coming back in-line with the requirements.

Either way, I want the club I support to be run along prudent financial lines. If that means having a smaller playing budget than most other teams in the division, so be it. If it means improving the squad incrementally from one season to the next, so be it. And even under FFP, a team meeting the requirements over the next few seasons could still be making losses, and these would have to be met by Tony Bloom; what right do any of us have to demand or expect he will continue to put his hand in his pocket?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If clubs ignore FFP, they will face one of two consequences. If they win promotion, they will be fined (with the level of fine imposed dependent upon their level of excess losses); the fines will be shared by the clubs who met the requirements. If they don't win promotion, they will face a transfer embargo, until they prove they are coming back in-line with the requirements.

I'll believe it when I see it. Everyone could see what was happening at Pompey but the FA/League were bending over backwards to accommodate them whereas they tried to get us kicked out for our woes back in 97.
I realise that Pompey have now gone down to League 2 but it wasn't because of any FA/League sanctions.
Watford have already found new loopholes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I feel a bit sorry for Oscar Garcia really. I'm sure he's a good coach etc, however it was clear that it was never going to work for him with no experience of English football.

And you have arrived at this conclusion less than half way through August, after two league games.

Lets just say that again. TWO games.

Unbelievable. Actually, very believable, on here anyway.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And you have arrived at this conclusion less than half way through August, after two league games.

Lets just say that again. TWO games.

Unbelievable. Actually, very believable, on here anyway.

It's starting to be very hard to believe that NSC was once a force for good, a rallying cry for various campaigns to get behind the club through it's various trials and tribulations.

Now it just seems a board riddled with bitterness, hidden agendas, and opportunities to have a pop at the football club at every possible turn.

I stuck mainly to the cricket thread when I got back from the Amex Saturday afternoon. I already knew the nonsense that would be posted on here, but still surprised at the vindictiveness of some of the posts.

Your 'Unbelievable. Actually, very believable, on here anyway.' is spot on.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nothing has changed setup wise. Burke always controlled the scouts and would then 'present' a fact file to Poyet and co. They would then take a view from there. Are you really suggesting that Oscar is getting given players, and told to like it or lump it? Not a chance.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nothing has changed setup wise. Burke always controlled the scouts and would then 'present' a fact file to Poyet and co. They would then take a view from there. Are you really suggesting that Oscar is getting given players, and told to like it or lump it? Not a chance.

It is incredible that it is being suggested otherwise. Some truly ridiculous accusations flying about.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Barry Lloyd,as a scout, brought in players than the managers didn't want. It was something that Gus fought against but seems, imo, to have reverted back.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Barry Lloyd,as a scout, brought in players than the managers didn't want. It was something that Gus fought against but seems, imo, to have reverted back.

'but seems'.......seems from what? your attendance at meetings, your personal observations of their working dynamics, your presence at player contract negotiations, your contact with the scouting process? What is your 'but seems' based on, just a hunch, just a feeling from a few bits read in the press and on here?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'but seems'.......seems from what? your attendance at meetings, your personal observations of their working dynamics, your presence at player contract negotiations, your contact with the scouting process? What is your 'but seems' based on, just a hunch, just a feeling from a few bits read in the press and on here?

'Seems, in my opinion' from people that you learn have good info on Nsc, my dealings with the club and some people that work there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Why not? Throughout recent history people have been making similar suggestions - that bergkamp wasn't wanted by gus, that Murray was forced on Wilkins, and so on.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

How nice to see common sense. I sometimes can't believe the poo I read on here. There is NO way Oscar would not have major input into the signing of players.

I pray that Mssrs Bloom and Barker never get on this site and read some of the diatribe, talk of the "Tail wagging the dog" the people running this club are all professional and put the club foremost. And whilst we, as I do, whine about the occasional unimportant issue....buses, chips etc. I don't deserve any right to interfere or cast dispersions.
Unfortunately 99.9 % of us know diddly squat about the day to day running of the club but think we are the font of all knowledge or appear to think we are.

We are so, so lucky to be where we are. And be grateful Tony Bloom was nurtured as a Seagull and not a skanky Eagle.

Rant Over ...going out to eat the guinea pig now :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here